Accepted Limit the amount of money obtainable from hacking

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doofy

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Nov 10, 2021
Scotland
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This will enforce a set cap of war funds stolen at any one given time. It would enforce the max amount of war funds being stolen from a single hack To 1 mil, remove the 5mil option, and set a hard cap of 5Mil stolen in total over a 1 day period. The difficulty will change so that it will be lvl5 for 1 mil.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Will make it fairer for the side being hacked.
Allows more balance and makes wars fun again without worrying over war funds 24/7.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Although people may complain and say "it removes the good feeling of stealing 5mil". Honestly, war funds should be primarily won/lost depending on the outcome of the war (like how it used to be)

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I know people will say that I need to *insert c-word here* but it's getting really tiring having to explain to people that I simply can't give them the war assets during a war as we are literally being leeched dry. People put in the hard work trying to save and accumulate war funds every war, just for it to go in the space of 30s in some cases. I don't want to vent here and I know people will laugh/joke about it but if you could see what I am noticing with the impact this is having you would know why I am suggesting this.

I'd appreciate honest feedback, cheers

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

Astolfo

MRP War Veteran
Jun 12, 2021
-support
i like 5 mil hacks

on a serious note, if 5 mil hacks are to be removed, dont make 1 mil harder, firstly its not really gonna be worth it risking so much and even possibly a jug for 1 million funds, its easier to not use an advanced uav during a war, and secondly nwo probably will not stop hacking just for the fun and because we like doing it, but uan doesnt have good hackers (not being toxic, just my point of view) and they can barely hack 5 mil (once again, just my opinion), and if 1 mil hacks are made the same dificulty as a 5 mil hack, then im more than sure uan will do a lot less hacking attempts, possibly even close to none. Also you asked for 1 mil to be a lvl 6, when currently a 5mil hack is a lvl 5

Hoxton

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 2, 2022
As someone who has hacked lvl 6 keypads on SCP-RP (one level above the 5 mil hack, 5 mil hack is lvl 5) this is not a good suggestion, they're even harder to do on MRP because the time and overflows are more limited and pretty much impossible, it will remove the fun and uniqueness from STS, SOTF and the Spy job which is the main reason people donate for

I do think some adjustments could be made to the current system,

-for example limit the daily amount you can steal to 5 mil so if a spy in the morning steals a mil and STS hacks 5 mil, they would only get 4 mil, if someone hacks it again they wouldn't get anything

-make it so there needs to be 20 players on a team to hack instead of 15

I also heard some people say juggernauts shouldn't be allowed in base raids (which I don't agree or disagree with) but I don't understand why SOTF is not utilizing this strategy, I don't think they've even tried it once, It could be because UAN unfortunately doesn't have any good hackers but I don't know if solving this with making hacking impossible for both sides is a good solution

Last edited:

Valkon

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
-Support

Ruining the fun of the other team because your own team are failing to protect a valuable asset is not how to counter this problem.

Losing war funds is an RP issue, as AC it is your job to make sure people are actively patrolling these areas and out in your territory, reporting any movement from the other team and any potential STS/SOTF breaches.

It isn't as if your team are excluded from this either, NWO are just at risk, I know for a fact they don't guard their servers and they don't have the players to actively defend from threats to their servers. However, they are more organised and they utilise what is a really awesome system to create fun for themselves by making it a mission to steal from your base.

This is not something that staff and the dev team should intervene with, as it is entirely helped via RP and active organisation. The suggestion simply feels like a cry out to pander to the lazy, rather than any actual improvement.

You play with fire, you get burned, that's how it works. You don't send your troops on patrol (which, in and of itself is a great source of RP), then you reap what you sow.

You could raise the player limit before hacks can be done, sure, but that's as far as any changes to this should go.

Don't kill the fun for the other team because you can't organise your own troops (which, might I add, is a larger team than the NWO, so there's no real excuse)

Last edited:

shaun11103

MRP War Veteran
Mar 13, 2022
As someone who has hacked lvl 6 keypads on SCP-RP (one level above the 5 mil hack, 5 mil hack is lvl 5) this is not a good suggestion, they're even harder to do on MRP because the time and overflows are more limited, it will remove the fun and uniqueness from STS, SOTF and the Spy job which is the main reason people donate for

-for example limit the daily amount you can steal to 5 mil so if a spy in the morning steals a mil and STS hacks 5 mil, they would only get 4 mil, if someone hacks it again they wouldn't get anything

I also heard some people say juggernauts shouldn't be allowed in base raids (which I don't agree or disagree with) but I don't understand why SOTF is not utilizing this strategy, I don't think they've even tried it once, It could be because UAN unfortunately doesn't have any good hackers but I don't know if solving this with making hacking impossible for both sides is a go

SOTF dont use juggernauts because they rarely have combat score for it

ZLT49A

Civil Gamers Expert
Sep 26, 2021
[][][][][][][]

Stealing 5 mil warfunds (for either side) is some of the most fun I've had on the server in a long time. I can sympathize with both sides as NWO finally have something fun to do in peacetime but UAN have been getting hit quite hard and I appreciate the negative affect on morale that this may have.

I think a good portion of this issue could be fixed if SOTF was more persistent with their hacking attempts like NWO. It feels that there has been a noticeable increase in comradery on the NWO side and it would be cool to see UAN work towards this too. I've stolen over 10m for UAN in one day and that's just one person so I feel SOTF could definitely do even better than that.

Also having hacking attempts encourages a higher standard of RP as there are more defense protocols and security in place alongside rp for the raiding side. I normally think RP is cringe but it's actually been cool to see. Also both sides get some action during peacetime rather than building FOBs which makes peacetime so much more enjoyable.

The map also feels like it was designed with a higher focus on hacking than the other maps so I would hate to see it go to waste. I'm still quite sad about the loss of the bunker as a hacking location as it was a cool place to try break into (I can understand why though)

I personally love the way hacking is currently and I'd be disappointed to see it nerfed again. I'd prefer a solution related to rp to take place over more balancing.

harvey

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 3, 2021
-Support

This honestly is gonna make it impossible for UAN to hack and then NWO will still be able to hack. I'd just say teach UAN to hack and try base raid more often.

Jimothy Leaderson

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Dec 11, 2021
-Support

Hacking is already relatively difficult, and I disagree with this suggestion.

This adjustment would be an interesting idea to look into. I think it should also be looked into the need for 15 people each side as you only need 15 on the side you are stealing from.

• Love
Reactions: Astolfo

Hydro

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 19, 2020
Suggestion Accepted

Hi Icarus,

Whilst this isn't a wildly popular suggestion, the content team has decided to accept it.

The argument that both teams can do it makes it fair is really silly. We have plenty of rules and bits of gameplay logic that prevents things that we consider are negative for gameplay. For example, we disallow you from bombing the enemy base with helicopters and base camping, even though this is something both teams could do very easily.

As it stands, the current META in the server means that the UAN aren't able to use war funds, and this was never the intention of the 5M hack. We believe this can be reasonably changed such that you can still be rewarded for hacking whilst also not banning the hacked team from using war funds.

This change has been implemented, and you can now only hack for a maximum of £2,500,000, and you can only hack for it once per three hours.​

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: Harry and ZLT49A
Status
Not open for further replies.