LittleMsStupid's Artist Developer Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Femme Rosé

Junior Developer
Junior Developer
Artist Team
May 9, 2022
In-game Name:Alexander Halo / Ms. Halo / Alex Halo (civi)
Steam ID:76561198272105567 | STEAM_0:1:155919919
Age18
For how long have you played on our servers?:In total, about a month after the U.S SCPRP server opened.
What country are you from?United States of America
Time Zone:Mountain Standard Time - UTC−07:00
Do you have a mic?I do, though I am a mute IRL. I can however speak if it is absolutely required of me.
Is this your first application for Developer? If not, link previous onesThis is my second application. My first application can be found here.

Have you received any bans?No
How confident are you with Blender/Maya/3DSMax (or any other software that applies) (Rate yourself 1-10 using one rating guide)1. I am currently taking courses on Blender, and eventually Maya once I get the hang of the former software.
Do you have previous experience as an Artist for GMod?I have produced a couple pieces of artwork for my own events as GameMaster for the SCPRP USA server, as well as a couple scrapped posters and symbols when my skills were far less refined.
Why do you want to be a Artist? What can you help us with?I have played on this server for an extremely long time, and have seen a lot of things progress and be made with each update, and I really want to help contribute to the server in a way that I am able to, that being my experience as a 2D artist. I feel concept art / in-game displays / promotional material could use more of a pop, and I'd love to help the server grow as it does.
Which server(s) on Civil Networks do you play on and which ones would you most prefer to map for? Have you made & edited any models before? If so attach some images showcasing your model or editI'd like to mainly work on CN's SCPRP servers, and potentially Star Wars RP if that releases, as both the SCP fandom and Star Wars continuities are something I've adored for a good chunk of my life.

Images of my work that I can contribute are put below. This isn't the full extent of what I can do, but it is just samples.
Artwork Portfolio:

SOME of the lighting I can do, as well as different types of lineart
(Some are slightly outdated, primarily the Field Op) Examples of my own style (and joke art for potential Discord emotes
1708269212388.png1708269223383.png1708269256702.png1708269238136.pngIMG_0211.png1708269482238.png1708269291638.png1708269498208.png1708269507846.png1708269519917.png
List any ideas of new models or edits for CN that you would like to work on- New summaries for each job (including SCP's and MTF/GOC/CI roles), along with their own stylized portraits

- Stylized and hand-drawn teasers for upcoming updates

- More advertising images for benefits bought in-game / the server in general

- Concept art for upcoming jobs / features

- Official posters from both player-made departments / subdivisions, plus more posters for CoC and CoE! :D

- Potentially official art for events for use by the GM team, as well as events the server may host.
How confident are you with QC? (Rate yourself 1-10 using rating guide)0. I have not used QC ever.
How confident are you with Crowbar (Rate yourself 1-10 using rating guide)Same with QC applies on Crowbar. 0.
How many hours can you commit to developing per week?An extremely large chunk of my time can be dedicated towards development of the server. As of this application's writing, I can work upwards of 24 hours a week if need be.
Why do you want to be a Developer? What can you help us with?The same reasonings and things I can offer as an artist apply here as well. While SCPRP is amazing in its craft and its form, I feel it could use a little more color to make things pop, especially for the horror parts, and I would like to contribute to sharpening the server as a whole.

Last edited:

La Femme Rosé

Junior Developer
Junior Developer
Artist Team
May 9, 2022
I was going to elaborate on the topic of what I could bring. A prominent issue I was informed of a while back was the lack of things I could do, which I feel I am able to keep myself doing things ambiently with the advertisements and whatnot, but I also wanted to include things like Discord emotes, and Stickers. I have already made one emote in the Heretic one I drew a while back.

La Femme Rosé

Junior Developer
Junior Developer
Artist Team
May 9, 2022
In-game Name:Ms. Halo / Halo
Steam ID:76561198272105567
Age18
For how long have you played on our servers?:In total, about a month after the U.S SCPRP server opened.
What country are you from?United States of America
Time Zone:Mountain Standard Time - UTC−07:00
Do you have a mic?I do, though I am a mute IRL. I can however speak if it is absolutely required of me.
Is this your first application for Developer? If not, link previous onesThis is my second application. My first application can be found here.

Have you received any bans?No
How confident are you with Blender/Maya/3DSMax (or any other software that applies) (Rate yourself 1-10 using one rating guide)1. I am currently taking courses on Blender, and eventually Maya once I get the hang of the former software.
Do you have previous experience as an Artist for GMod?I have produced a couple pieces of artwork for my own events as GameMaster for the SCPRP USA server, as well as a couple scrapped posters and symbols when my skills were far less refined.
Why do you want to be a Artist? What can you help us with?I have played on this server for an extremely long time, and have seen a lot of things progress and be made with each update, and I really want to help contribute to the server in a way that I am able to, that being my experience as a 2D artist. I feel concept art / in-game displays / promotional material could use more of a pop, and I'd love to help the server grow as it does.
Which server(s) on Civil Networks do you play on and which ones would you most prefer to map for? Have you made & edited any models before? If so attach some images showcasing your model or editI'd like to mainly work on CN's SCPRP servers, and potentially Star Wars RP if that releases, as both the SCP fandom and Star Wars continuities are something I've adored for a good chunk of my life.

Images of my work that I can contribute are put below. This isn't the full extent of what I can do, but it is just samples.
Artwork Portfolio:

SOME of the lighting I can do, as well as different types of lineart
(Some are slightly outdated, primarily the Field Op) Examples of my own style (and joke art for potential Discord emotes
View attachment 13476View attachment 13477View attachment 13480View attachment 13479View attachment 13482View attachment 13483View attachment 13481View attachment 13484View attachment 13485View attachment 13486
List any ideas of new models or edits for CN that you would like to work on- New summaries for each job (including SCP's and MTF/GOC/CI roles), along with their own stylized portraits

- Stylized and hand-drawn teasers for upcoming updates

- More advertising images for benefits bought in-game / the server in general

- Concept art for upcoming jobs / features

- Official posters from both player-made departments / subdivisions, plus more posters for CoC and CoE! :D

- Potentially official art for events for use by the GM team, as well as events the server may host.
How confident are you with QC? (Rate yourself 1-10 using rating guide)0. I have not used QC ever.
How confident are you with Crowbar (Rate yourself 1-10 using rating guide)Same with QC applies on Crowbar. 0.
How many hours can you commit to developing per week?An extremely large chunk of my time can be dedicated towards development of the server. As of this application's writing, I can work upwards of 24 hours a week if need be.
Why do you want to be a Developer? What can you help us with?The same reasonings and things I can offer as an artist apply here as well. While SCPRP is amazing in its craft and its form, I feel it could use a little more color to make things pop, especially for the horror parts, and I would like to contribute to sharpening the server as a whole.
Just wanted to drop some more examples below. :)

One on the left is a friends character, one on the right is my own character from my separate SCP Project. :)1710580126976.png1710580142514.png

elad

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 27, 2022
Finally each department will be able to have their own recruitment posters to put up around site

La Femme Rosé

Junior Developer
Junior Developer
Artist Team
May 9, 2022
Thanks for all the support. <3

I've made a small edit to my application, changing my name to be accurate to my up-to-date names.
I also changed my Steam ID to include both the 32 and 64 versions. (Thank you, Emilia.)

Neptune

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Mar 4, 2023
England
+Support

I like the art style and the ideas you have for them
Good luck!

Dalton

May 17, 2022
New York, USA
Civil, please accept Ms Halo, even if you don't use them a lot of the server art, I still think it's worth it to get a community member to make cool art for some server work, posters, content teasers, and much more.

Ellie

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Feb 21, 2021
Application Accepted

Hi @LittleMsStupid!

Thanks for taking the time to make a application to join the Artist Team.

I'm happy to accept your application - please DM me on Discord :)

Status
Not open for further replies.