Denied Make Combat Tasing against the rules.

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason

Blacklisted Player
Jan 28, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
It will stop Police from being able to combat taze.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
It will stop Police from having the ability to completely paralyse you in the middle of combat, which is absurdly annoying.
(excuse me to referring to real circumstances) I do not agree with combat tasing, as if there is combat actually happening, especially if it's gun vs gun, you're going to want to get the drop on the suspect and kill him; at least that's what would happen IRL anyways. Not just run up to them and tase them, as it would be incredibly dangerous.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
It may cause some confusion on when and when you cannot use the taser.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I believe that this Suggestion should be accepted, because I've noticed a huge rise in toxic players abusing the taser as police, and it is insanely annoying to be tased in a shootout against the police. I think a gun fight should be a gun fight.
However, I believe there should be an exception. I believe that if there is someone with a knife, or any other melee weapon, Tasers should be allowed.

Jason

Blacklisted Player
Jan 28, 2023
ugh.
close the suggestion then i guess.
leave this horrendous garbage in the server

Jason

Blacklisted Player
Jan 28, 2023
i just got tased in the middle of combat and i can not explain how annoying it is

Reactions: CamZin

Cloak

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 14, 2021
i just got tased in the middle of combat and i can not explain how annoying it is
That's how it goes, PD are constantly outnumbered, against people who usually have more HP/armor and often who have better guns. You can't always win, it's a high risk strategy with a high recharge time and a significant chance of death if you miss the one chance you have. Literally just dodge it, keep your distance, or fight in teams.

Zwacky

Administrator
Administrator
DarkRP Staff
Event Team
Dec 25, 2020
Cyprus

This topic is very very controversial and the arguments and the counter arguments are always the same.

I don't think combat tasing will never be against the rules as its an extremely high risk high reward situation. As a PD in order to combat tase you need to face-tank the dps and you need to be very close to that person. Even if you manage to get close enough, tasing them is not guaranteed because you need to have precise aim and quick reflexes since you will be against moving targets.

Last edited:
Reactions: genoss and Erick

Beans

CG Platinum VIP
Donator
Dec 20, 2020
Heinz
I'm sorry buts its just not high risk high reward. Getting bum rushed with 4 cops all with tazers out that can one shot you whilst you have to kill them all is not high risk. Keep you distance... how on earth can someone do that in a PD raid its all corridors. In a one on one situation it maybe risky but that's not usually the case. Equally even if combat tazing is say fair in a fight which I would still argue it isn't ; its just rage inducing for players why do you want to encourage a game mechanic that is so unpleasant for one of the parties involved.

Also the argument that it adds more RP is flawed first of all if you go for realism a tazer v a gun the gun will always lose when have you seen a swat team go into a bank robbery with their tazer out. If the criminals are arrmed with guns the police respond with guns not tazers. Secondly once a player gets tazed in combat all the RP that occurs is they get cuffed wanted and arrested if you call that role play thats not role play. I think the old role of the tazer being used as a non lethal option to a target that is also a non lethal threat make sense within the real of RP and can allow for police to finish there legitimate RP situation with someone. Once a gun fight insures I can see no RP gained from someone being tazed with their gun out.

What is wrong with a shoot out being a shoot out. I will now refer to Legend (brilliant film)
"A Shootout is a fucking shootout... like a western"

Erick

CG Super VIP
Donator
Dec 22, 2020
Getting bum rushed with 4 cops all with tazers out that can one shot you whilst you have to kill them all is not high risk.
This wasn't always the case on old DarkRP; almost none complained about combat tazing back then, tazers were only limited to SWAT Juggernaut and CGSF, it's just now happen to be more accessible to more jobs such as Police Corporeal (token job) and Police Sergeant (Platinum VIP) but then again tazers are rarely used in actual combat. Personally, tazers should be limited to SWAT Juggernaut and CGSF to prevent these kind of abuse rather than adding a rule that outright disallows combat tazing.

genoss

May 15, 2023
tbh getting combat tased is mostly a skill issue, not a balance issue. if you walk around alone without proper planning ye its more likely. if you have a gang of 4-5 or more people, they gonna tase 1 guy and the other 4 guys will kill the guy with a taser and also if you get distance to them they cant even combat tase you in the first place. i think its crazy how some are so obessed to make everything a rule about instead of just using the existing ressources to their advantage, especially if there are counters to this situation
And as other mentioned, the taser turns a usual tdm situation into a scenario where you can potentially talk to the suspect and arrest them.

sahns

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
Norway
the taser turns a usual tdm situation into a scenario where you can potentially talk to the suspect and arrest them.
in what world does an arresting officer try to talk or rp. The way it is right now is, taser, cuff, wanted, arrested. No communication (from 98% of police officers).

I like the idea of what beans said, use tazers for non threats but disallow tazers for immediate threats (guns, knifes close range etc)

Last edited:

genoss

May 15, 2023
I like the idea of what beans said, use tazers for non threats but disallow tazers for immediate threats (guns, knifes close range etc)
for non threats they shouldn't be used as people have to comply to fearrp but reality is they have to, the taser is especially there for this low-threat scenarios like open carrying knives, resisting arrest as it should be with. if you try to tase someone with a gun you are at high risk of getting killed. its so easy to evade with just using a team and work together, gangs basically lol, but some people are so forcefully obsessed to put everything into rules instead of just using the existing ressources like gangs/orgs/teaming up in their advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.