Accepted Make it failrp for SC to authorise 914 usage for their own personal gain

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove: Adds a rule making it failrp for Mtfs / foundatoin personall to enmass abuse 914 for better weapons + more hp ive noticing this problem more and more with balance mainly as a ci dc where ive seen entire patrols of O1 combat medics running around with energy rifles double
barrels

1679243516394.png

examples this of course isnt how the server is intended considering the entire goal of the foundation is to secure contain protect they contain anomalys they dont use them they dont sell them they dont destroy them this seems to not get around the head of Alpha 1 and Omega 1 plus O5 and ethics considering everytime i see a patrol of them they seem to have 150HP carrying energy rifles plus double barrels

SL have said they went through loudouts alot to ensure balance yet this is clearly breaking balance as if O1 wanna win every fight same with A1 they run over to 914 and get PKMs m249ns 44. magnums Sanctums double barrels etc all the sort which breaks balance considering Pkms + m249ns are extermely restricted and you and very few jobs actually have those weapons there is only 1 job in the game with 2 slots that has a PKM which is the ci Delta operative which is a cl4 position

and has a very strong LMG with only 2 slots this is balanced for the most M249s can only be found on E-11 Breachers Command sergeant job + Heavy weapons license Omega 1 Enforcement which is a Command sergeant job + heavy weapons license requirement and Alpha 1 Enforcement which requires CSG + heavy weapons all those jobs have 2 slots E-11 breacher 2 slots O1 enforcement 2 slots and A1 enforcement 2 slots

Plus m60 which i see O1 with alot which is available on the goc job with 2 slots so all in total these guns are rare but through the abuse of 914 thse weapons are every where i see 10+ O1 usually with Pkms m249s freedoms double barrels and they demolish everything no need to work your ass off in ci for Delta no need to work your ass off in e-11 O1 or A1 for Command sergeant just head on to 914 where site command have completley forgot their main purpose of Secure Contain Protect

this fucks up balance as any ci raid scps or dclass in these mtfs paths will get merked by them considering they have the best lmgs plus sniper rifle energy riflles that have the power to insta kill juggernauts with a headshot not including the double barrel shotguns and through use of 914 extra hp plus armor

this is pretty obvious not intended for balance loudouts were carefully chosen by server leadership to ensure balance but seems like SC seems to forget what being in the scp foundation means

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2): Not every single O1 A1is carrying a rifle capable of soloeing a firing line : More rp doesnt make sense at all for the ethics comitee to arm cadets with LMGS ive seen this on multiple occasions: ive legit no cap heard people in teamspeak who were from O1 immediatly get off O1 cause they got mad they lost their double barrel

Possible Negatives of the suggestion: I dont see any i mean O1 and A1 might be sad their infinte supply of freedoms and Lmgs is gone

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted: cause this is ruining RP as a whole this would be fine if mtfs were breakling the coe and doing it and if they got caught they could be demoted etc but it gets to a limit where ethics is authorising Mtf to walk into 914 to get their weapons and leave halfing almost every mtf having the strongest guns in teh server i imagine isnt intended if this is denied might aswell make freedoms sanctums double barrels standard Mtf O1 and a1 equipment at this point

• Haha
Reactions: Scopes

Joe "Enoch"

Jul 25, 2022
-Support
I think that might just be a UK thing but on the US ECMs dont often let O-1 use 914 unless nothing is happening for both O-1 and Ethics and that almost never happens. And if it does happen we only get weapons and we dont get the 250 HP.

Reactions: Naffen

Asp

May 17, 2022
-support, literally just a suggestion for an IC Issue

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
im sorry to say this mate you are genuinely the most stupid person ive met on the forums you beat samhartley

yea sure so ethics and o5 are abusing 914 en mass for weapons okay lets report it to who? the etrhics comittee?
Ecc -1 SL NL (I'm not here I'm just a figment of your imagination]

TeKz

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 26, 2021
Half the people in this comment section have no idea what they are talking about. O5 and Ethics don't abuse it, they simply have an SCP that they "test" on in order to get weaponry for the people defending them (Who btw are supposed to be stronger than everyone else). Not only that, but all the op stuff from 914 is a 10% chance at the most. Also, people don't understand how O5 vs Ethics works, and thus making it an ethics issue if O5 would use it would make no difference as of now. TLDR; this suggestion is stupid.
-Support

Sylveon

Game Master
Game Master
Jul 25, 2022
I'm not going to lie, Even with it being an IC Issue, I generally had no problem with SC using 914 only if they didn't do it exclusivly.

IE occasionally bringing E-11 or NU-7 over for some pog weapons.

The Entity rarely sees use, and although it can get you good equipment, you are still generally squishy and subject to death in a fire fight. And rolling for the increased health, is, of course a gamble.

-Support for this to be implemented as a rule.

Note: It also makes zero sense for an entity of this caliber to not be used, especially given how 05 operate in lore.

Sylveon

Game Master
Game Master
Jul 25, 2022
Half the people in this comment section have no idea what they are talking about. O5 and Ethics don't abuse it, they simply have an SCP that they "test" on in order to get weaponry for the people defending them (Who btw are supposed to be stronger than everyone else). Not only that, but all the op stuff from 914 is a 10% chance at the most. Also, people don't understand how O5 vs Ethics works, and thus making it an ethics issue if O5 would use it would make no difference as of now. TLDR; this suggestion is stupid.
-Support
I just noticed this comment, but yes, I agree with this point some what. You get a CL5 Position, its an achievement, you should be able to reap the benefits of said position occasionally. This is, a damn Gmod Server after all.

Requis

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Group Moderator
Apr 30, 2022
Hi,

We have clarified this time and time again and have recently reminded Site Command of this. Mass production and abuse of 914 for self-gain without actual reason is FailRP. This does not need a rule of its own.

I'll be marking this as accepted.

Reactions: Claire!
Status
Not open for further replies.