Denied make it so that the server can have vr support

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewis1999

Sep 12, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
[adds vr support to the server so it means that people who have a vr can now have a more realistic feel to the game and games a bit more depth to the server ]

Possible Positives of the suggestion
well as i explain above it will make the server at lot more realistic and have more depth to it gameplaywise

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
basically people who have no vr are basically missing out

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
i explained on questions 1 and 2 and 3

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Delta Molfar

May 23, 2022
- SUPPORT
First of all - I have some experience at coding/back-end developing, and all i can say is this will take HUGE amount of development time, which doesn't really pays back at the end, as not even every 5th person on the server have VR.

The second of all - Even if this would be possible in a relatively close time (development not taking ages) and even if the server would have enough players that could in theory use it, we already have problems with hitbox, imagine what would it be with motion-captured models. Just insane.

The third of all - I'm not even sure if server does have developers that are competent in this (no offence to any dev that reading this, i love you :3), and as far as i aware, there's only one ready way to use vr in gmod, which is using VR MOD (from workshop), which is third-party property that server will not be able to use without them buying/asking author to use it (legal reasons). And even if the server would be able to use it, it does have insane amount of bugs/glitches, even on the page of the mod there is "DON'T ADD THIS TO PVP SERVER!".

The fourth of all - You're going to make sad those who doesn't have vr ;).

Reactions: PianoDog
Sep 19, 2022
- SUPPORT

It's a cool idea but the amount of time needed is most likely a lot.

Additionally, whilst vr is great for immersion, it it not so much for pvp (with exception of like maybe if you have some insanely expensive and high tech tracking setup, but let's be real most people will be using the basic stuff). It will cause weird buggy motion, especially when the users realise it and use it to their advantage.

I feel this could be a non issue on RP servers where combat is a side thing, but on a military rp having buggy hitboxes and player movement can cause a lot of annoyance. Plus the large amount of Dev time is probably better spend on something the mayority of the playerbase can enjoy not like one tenth.

roach3

Civil Gamers Expert
Oct 1, 2021
MASSIVE +SUPPORT
this would be an amazing addition to Garry's Mod Military Roleplay and would increase my immersion!

Sins

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 20, 2021
Netherlands
remember that this is GMOD, not some game that's made for VR.

+ It's not worth it bcs who tf has VR that plays gmod mrp? maybe 1/50 players.

Claire!

Blacklisted Player
May 29, 2022
Los Angeles, California
I personally dont play MRP, but I thought I would comment on this.

G-Mod VR Is intresting. It can possibily be good in the future, but at the current time, there is no way it will work.

The current main VR Gmod addon is Vr Mod, It is REALLY, laggy, and causes a bunch of lag In servers like these.

So I dont think its needed in any G-mod server of Civil at this time, but hey its not my choice

• Angry
Reactions: ZLT49A

ExpiredOnions

Mar 6, 2022
+support
Step 1: Add Vtuber Ragdolls
Step 2: Call it VR
Step 3: sell it for 200 pounds and add a small description so they can't sue you for false claims and stuff
Step 4: No one buys it at all
Step 5: No one complains because they wouldn't be able to afford it but it exists
Step 6: Free money from that one poor guy who actually bought it
Step 7: Suppress any dissent
Step 8: Profit

PianoDog

Aug 13, 2022
-Support
NO, just NO.
imagine people shooting through walls and corners with it.
headgliching would be replaced with corner spam or some shit like that

ZLT49A

Civil Gamers Expert
Sep 26, 2021
+ Support

As many others members of the community have said here VR chat would be an incredible experience for all and would likely end racism and homophobia. It's impressive how you keep hammering out these brilliant suggestions with such a high level of thought and care.

Reactions: el zapso

Rosco

Civil Gamers Expert
Jun 9, 2021
Buzau, Romania
-support
You wanna add VR support to a singlethreaded unreliable game running on an old engine.
If Ventz will actually take the time and add VR support, the whole datacenter in which the server is located might burst in flames.

Cloak

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 14, 2021
- SUPPORT
First of all - I have some experience at coding/back-end developing, and all i can say is this will take HUGE amount of development time, which doesn't really pays back at the end, as not even every 5th person on the server have VR.

The second of all - Even if this would be possible in a relatively close time (development not taking ages) and even if the server would have enough players that could in theory use it, we already have problems with hitbox, imagine what would it be with motion-captured models. Just insane.

The third of all - I'm not even sure if server does have developers that are competent in this (no offence to any dev that reading this, i love you :3), and as far as i aware, there's only one ready way to use vr in gmod, which is using VR MOD (from workshop), which is third-party property that server will not be able to use without them buying/asking author to use it (legal reasons). And even if the server would be able to use it, it does have insane amount of bugs/glitches, even on the page of the mod there is "DON'T ADD THIS TO PVP SERVER!".

The fourth of all - You're going to make sad those who doesn't have vr ;).
We've used VRMod on our servers before, it's not that it'd take a lot of development time, or that are developers aren't "competent" enough...

The only thing you said there which is correct is that it has bugs and glitches, it also requires constant updating. This is why we do not provide VR support anymore.

Brian Bell

MRP War Veteran
Donator
May 14, 2021
Suggestion Denied

Hi Lewis, Your suggestion has been denied.

For the few players this would benefit the development time for this is too high so we will not be implementing it at this time​

Status
Not open for further replies.