Accepted Make Pinewood into Silent Hill

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

"Recker"

Game Master
Game Master
Donator
Nov 26, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove?
I want some ambience in Pinewood to activate when an SCP breaches surface. This can be done by placing an audio piece (I forget exactly what it's called in Hammer) in the pinewood area and adjusting it's radius in the next map version for those who are in or close to Pinewood to hear.

The ambience would activate one of two ways....

1) The ambience activates when an SCP breaks the garage bulkhead.
2) Add a code such as "Code White" that can be activated in the facility for when an SCP breaches surface.

For the ambience itself, I would like to see the silent hill siren. This would be extremely scary and ominous for any citizen near Pinewood who would have no idea what is happening, but the siren itself would urge them to hide indoors.

Silent Hill Siren Audio

In order for the siren to deactivate, I'd suggest making a button in the mayors office or Foundation garage control room that would shut them off.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Don't believe so.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- HIGHLY increases the pucker factor of when SCPs breach to surface.
- Gives some legitimate, passive RP to Citizens. It would encourage them to hide with each other indoors when they hear the sirens.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- It may alert CI that an SCP is on surface if they're in Pinewood. Otherwise, they shouldn't hear it.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I think adding this would increase the possibility for PassiveRP in Pinewood, and general RP that does not involve just infobreaching or rebelling against people. The siren would implore Civilians to hide in their homes and in general would add to the ominous effect of an SCP breach on surface.

Imagine you're in your house, hiding... you hear the silent hill sirens going off and all of a sudden a scary looking plague doctor or even an SCP-9000 starts breaking down your door with the intention to kill you? Spooky stuff!

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
1. Foundation having access would be silly and could be misused. (Should be a CL4 UNGOC thing imo)
2. Why would this exist realistically? The public doesn't know about SCP's
3. Would prob get annoying after the 18th time hearing it
-Support

"Recker"

Game Master
Game Master
Donator
Nov 26, 2022
1. Foundation having access would be silly and could be misused. (Should be a CL4 UNGOC thing imo)
I would be okay with CL4 GOC having the ability to turn it off after a surface breach is contained tbh.

2. Why would this exist realistically? The public doesn't know about SCP's
It could have some backstory such as a left over system from the cold war. Make it a decent cover story. It's just meant to give an ominous vibe when SCPs go on surface.

3. Would prob get annoying after the 18th time hearing it
SCPs don't make it to surface as frequently as they used to. Maybe make a clientside option such as "Disable Pinewood Breach Ambience"?

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
I would be okay with CL4 GOC having the ability to turn it off after a surface breach is contained tbh.
bet

It could have some backstory such as a left over system from the cold war. Make it a decent cover story. It's just meant to give an ominous vibe when SCPs go on surface.

SCPs don't make it to surface as frequently as they used to. Maybe make a clientside option such as "Disable Pinewood Breach Ambience"?
bet, or it could be like a tornado system (idk how common tornados are in canada)

bet

If all of the above were a option/introduced, then +Support
if not then nah

The Guardian

Sep 22, 2023
+ Support

Also let's UNGOC actually know when a surface breach occurs (for some reason Foundation gets a warning and GOC doesn't).

Reactions: "Recker"

Neptune

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Mar 4, 2023
England
Suggestion Approved

Hi @"Recker" ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as accepted.

Reactions: "Recker"
Status
Not open for further replies.