Denied Make SAM not shoot in peacetime

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.

Mr Apple

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Feb 22, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Change SAM to not shoot during peacetime

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Easier to train in peacetime
Not a chance of getting shot down in peacetime

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Cant do SAM training in peacetime

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
It makes it easier for new pilots to practise flying without the scare of getting SAM missiles chasing them every 10 seconds

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Merlin

Nov 16, 2022
On the one hand being able to train pilots is a fair issue, but at the same time I've also seen players using helicopters to effectively scout for FOB radios and people to kidnap. While it's peacetime, you're still flying over enemy territory.

Deactivating SAM during peacetime might also make it a too trivial for pilots to identify and destroy important structures just as war starts, given that SAM radar is already trivial to obliterate.

Bumble

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Jan 21, 2021
ur closet
thatsthefinger.com
+support
this is super annoying when training, dogfighting or supplying fobs.
sometimes jaf/swb needs to fly over enemy fobs to get to terroritores, fobs, missions etc.

Latin

Feb 28, 2023
-support
the whole point of a SAM is to defend the FOB, we can shoot you down if your hovoring over our territory anyways iirc. would be heavily loopholed and abused even if rules were added to prevent no peacetime SAM abuse

Hop

Jul 21, 2022
Neutral
Would make training alot easier.
Takes away RP.

LeviCN

Mar 15, 2023
+Support
Firstly, to the people who said they do their job of defending the FOB, it is literally peacetime. What destruction or murder will happen at an FOB in that time - I do agree with it shooting in pre-war as it will be used to actually defend a position that can be attacked soon. New pilots will not even know what the SAM is if they are truly new, even if they have played other regiments, dodging them is still difficult for the S grade pilots on the server, making it impossible for new pilots. When training such as dogfighting or grading, it ruins it fully, wasting time and having us to redo do it constantly. You can't even train to dodge one perfectly as it is balanced for the reason to take a heli down everytime.
I fully agree with the change as positives heavily out weigh negatives.

Merlin

Nov 16, 2022
What destruction or murder will happen at an FOB in that time - I do agree with it shooting in pre-war as it will be used to actually defend a position that can be attacked soon.
You know that FOB assaults during peacetime are a thing, right?

Jack G

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Feb 19, 2021
Suggestion Denied

Hi Mr Apple,
Your suggestion has been denied. As Merlin mentioned above, there are FOB assults that can happen in peacetime that include Transport Helicopters and so making them inactive wouldn't really be fair. Furthermore, I suggest looking for the SAM Sites and just avoiding them.

Thanks, Content Team.​