Denied Make SCPs creditable

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Mirai (未来)

Junior Developer
Junior Developer
Programming Team
Game Master
Jan 5, 2021
Romania
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Allows Researchers to credit SCPs, I was thinking these situations:
  • When good RP is made
  • When the test is finished without incident
  • When yielding good results and cooperating with the researchers

This would apply to RP-able SCPs, and not things like 049-2 and 008-2.
This *should* apply to non-breached SCPs, but those that do passive RP even when breached could qualify anyway

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
+ Rewards SCPs for cooperating with the tests
+ Incentivizes SCPs to be passive and "better"
+ Provides a way faster method to climb SCP levels

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- SCPs might start screaming "credit me" like D-Class do.
- People lose their bragging rights for having high SCP level

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I'm not sure why this isn't in yet, as many people are disappointed about this missing.
This would be very welcome by all parties, and everyone has something to gain from this.

People who agree with this idea, sound up :D[/list]

Vollgas

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 19, 2022
This has already been denied several times. It would be kind of goofy to have to enter 939's chamber to credit him as a researcher. If anything they'd have to develop a whole credit system that worked without looking at the person, but that could be very easily abused and would require a whole new suggestion.

Auburn

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 2, 2023
This has already been denied several times. It would be kind of goofy to have to enter 939's chamber to credit him as a researcher. If anything they'd have to develop a whole credit system that worked without looking at the person, but that could be very easily abused and would require a whole new suggestion.
Could just make it so crediting the box credits the person

Lord Mirai (未来)

Junior Developer
Junior Developer
Programming Team
Game Master
Jan 5, 2021
Romania
where? Nowhere in suggestions nor resolved was this brought up. I searched. Please provide a link to back this up

Boris Johnson

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
May 24, 2023
+Support

are the core for the test, we do as much work as the D class give us credits.

Vollgas

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 19, 2022
where? Nowhere in suggestions nor resolved was this brought up. I searched. Please provide a link to back this up
If it's not in the forums, then it was back in the day when suggestions were submitted through Discord directly. I am 100% positive this has been rejected at some point, though.

Could just make it so crediting the box credits the person
That's actually kinda clever if doable.

Asp

May 17, 2022
i mean there is already a way to credit without looking at someone, you just do /credit STEAMID and if your within a certain radius it credits them

Asp

May 17, 2022
+support, just credit them through STEAMID (easily obtainable through tab menu)

"Sigma"

Donator
Jul 26, 2022
NY?
+Support
While Scp XP is relatively hard to get when you breach you gain alot but when your not breached you just sit there or most people afk which is not allowed so i feel if crediting would be a thing to scps like just doing !credit to the scp box or the sign outside would have better reasons for SCP not to kill immediately which either way anyway is a rule the SCP Silver rule (SCP Silver Rule: Role-play during experiments. Do not instantly kill D-Class introduced to your cell; this is poor roleplay and not fun for other players. All use of your microphone must be in-character for that SCP
Which this suggestion would further prevent SCPS breaking that rule and making more roleplay to actually Roleplay it out for credit in the end which would be more credit than getting the kills i feel it should not be 600 though and more like 80-100 depending on what SCP like 173 takes 3 d-class so it would be higher since killing 3 d-class still gives a good amount for something like 200-300 but most scps should be around 80-200 or something that varies like that overall a +Support and good suggestion.

Goondra "Sleepy"

Dec 9, 2022
Suggestion Denied
Hi Mirai,
Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.
-
Content believes this would be very complicated to do - due to most SCPs being hostile - the !credit wouldn't work - Plus we believe this system could be very easily abused - worse than the current set up

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.
Thanks again
Goondra​

Status
Not open for further replies.