Public_restroom1

Jun 9, 2023
United States of America (USA)
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
A change of map from Backwater to Highlands

Has something similar been suggested before?:
More then likly yes.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Change of map would bring old members back, as alot of people don't care for the current map.

Would also allow newer players to see what the "Civil gamers" community has to offer as its the newest/latest map avaliable.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
I don't know of any overwhelming Negatives of the map change would be. Sure some people maybe against the change but I can't see any that would be outraged by this.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
a fresh change and a more exciting map, backwater is just very gloomy and very outdated. So by accepting this change we can all be in a better mindset as we play.

Upvote 0

Harry

Developer
Developer
Mapping Team
Aug 28, 2021
Would just like to comment on this, backwater is currently in development of a major rework in terrain and locations within the map. I cannot comment much further on the topic but it should be noted that it will be updated soon.

Reactions: Kiwi

Wolves

Civil Gamers Expert
May 14, 2022
-support
Backwater is being reworked and seems pointless to switch to Highland to just switch back to Backwater to test the new updates to it.

Jimothy Leaderson

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Dec 11, 2021
-Support

Since the release of the NWO Campaign, I'd say that realistically we have spent around 70-80% of our time on Highlands. (About 20% was probably on Afghan and the other 10% on Backwater) which is massively disproportionate. Old players who have wanted to enjoy Highlands have come and done it many times at this point. (Many of them did it in the December 2022 switch to the mastery system). It wouldn't fundamentally influence the playercount beyond the first 3-5 days in my opinion. You could instead argue that the amount of fatigue there is surrounding Highlands (I know I now hate that map and it's 8,500 hills) would instead damage the playercount.

The issues with maps more lie with a lack of rotation which is a shame but not really the focus on this suggestion.

WARDEN

May 2, 2023
+Support
Not only is this map not bringing in new players, It is actively stopping people from staying.

I have heard multiple new players tell me this and leave.

This map is killing activity of the server

Redrrx

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 4, 2021
Algeria
+Support
Not only is this map not bringing in new players, It is actively stopping people from staying.

as a AOD main i can agree that everysingle time TRNs Get PVT they get bored from it immediatly and leave

Public_restroom1

Jun 9, 2023
United States of America (USA)
-Support

Since the release of the NWO Campaign, I'd say that realistically we have spent around 70-80% of our time on Highlands. (About 20% was probably on Afghan and the other 10% on Backwater) which is massively disproportionate. Old players who have wanted to enjoy Highlands have come and done it many times at this point. (Many of them did it in the December 2022 switch to the mastery system). It wouldn't fundamentally influence the playercount beyond the first 3-5 days in my opinion. You could instead argue that the amount of fatigue there is surrounding Highlands (I know I now hate that map and it's 8,500 hills) would instead damage the playercount.

The issues with maps more lie with a lack of rotation which is a shame but not really the focus on this suggestion.
I can agree with some that Is said here, mostly that Rotation is an issue but there's more than that to the issue.

Thanks for the feedback and your opinion.

Jimothy Leaderson

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Dec 11, 2021
+Support

I've been playing recently and that definitely isn't the sole issue. This is just avoiding responsibility from those in high ranks. Privates aren't given any opportunities, tryouts and nobody is capable or wanting to do them. I've watched so many log off in the middle of peacetimes and wars and those leaving definitely have not done so because 'oh this map is gloomy' it's because they aren't being given attention or any attention in the server.

MAXTAWAN

Jun 4, 2022
+/- Neutral
I think that we should stay on backwater for longer as it is currently being updated.
But adding something in the future like changing maps every 3 weeks or something could be nice.

Dr Drew

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 29, 2022
+support

Hate backwater

Status
Not open for further replies.