Game Master
Jan 5, 2021
Romania
In-game name:
Mirai Archaeus

Steam ID:
STEAM_0:1:147550489

For how long have you played on our servers?:
A long long time in total, and a few months now in SCP-RP.

What country are you from?:
Romania

Time Zone:
GMT+2

Do you have a mic?:
Yes, though it's a bit quiet.

Is this your first application for Developer? If not, link previous ones:
It's been the first in years, I was a developer for CivilCity back in 2019 I think. Upon request, old applications will be linked.

Have you received any bans?:
One in MilitaryRP about a year ago for bombing when I shouldn't have. (big oops there)

How confident are you with GLua? (Rate yourself 1-10 using rating guide):
6-7

Do you have any experience with Git?:
Yes, though I use GitHub a lot more than Git's CLI itself

Do you have previous experience as a Developer for GMod?:
Yes, both for this community and for a few odd jobs on gmodstore

How many hours can you commit to developing per week?:
Considering university and work, about 7 hours. During break, a lot more.

Why do you want to be a Developer? What can you help us with?:
I really love the aims and topics of CN servers, especially SCP-RP, and I would love to have the opportunity to assist in growing the server. I find really intriguing just how much potential this server has, and how many unique situations can take place.
I believe that actually implementing features to fit said situations would have much more impact than "pretending" to do them with /me or /it actions.

If I get to choose, I would prefer to work on SCP:RP as I have quite a few good ideas and the overall theme of it really fits me.

As far as 'expertise' goes, I am a lot better in backend developing than frontend, as I'm not excellent with UIs, animations or 3d2d stuff.
Also, I enjoyed working alongside the (then) CG dev team for the fairly short time I was developing for you guys, and I believe the atmosphere will be even lighter this time around, if you choose to proceed with this.

Below is a portfolio showing my latest work, in no particular order, featuring a presentation document with screenshots and video for 2 of them.
Source code is available to be privately sent upon request.

Dropbox Portfolio

Thank you in advance.

Remmy

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
+Support
Crikey, I remember when you were a dev all those years ago. It'd be great to see you back, in a time where devs are very needed.

Lord Mirai (未来)

Junior Developer
Junior Developer
Programming Team
Game Master
Jan 5, 2021
Romania
+Support

Nothing but positive interactions, portfolio looks good aswell.
+Support
Crikey, I remember when you were a dev all those years ago. It'd be great to see you back, in a time where devs are very needed.
Love you both

Also, fun fact, I only got the push to do MBanking because of the glua rating guide. Worked out quite nicely

Michiel-MV

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Group Moderator
Jan 1, 2021
Belguim
Support

Long standing member
Portiflio looks good
Mature

Cloak

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 14, 2021
Last time you were a developer you did do some good work, my only issue was your attitude. It does happen from time-to-time that we have developers join the team who start acting as if they are the authority on everything dev-related, start talking on behalf of myself/Ventz/the rest of the dev team (e.g. "we won't be doing this" in response to suggestions), and just generally get a little bit over-scoped. From what I remember, you had a little bit of this in you.

I trust that if you were to re-join the dev team you would be willing to keep to the scope of the tasks you have been assigned?

Lord Mirai (未来)

Junior Developer
Junior Developer
Programming Team
Game Master
Jan 5, 2021
Romania
Last time you were a developer you did do some good work, my only issue was your attitude. It does happen from time-to-time that we have developers join the team who start acting as if they are the authority on everything dev-related, start talking on behalf of myself/Ventz/the rest of the dev team (e.g. "we won't be doing this" in response to suggestions), and just generally get a little bit over-scoped. From what I remember, you had a little bit of this in you.

I trust that if you were to re-join the dev team you would be willing to keep to the scope of the tasks you have been assigned?
Yes, I do understand that there were situations like that, on which I don't look back with fondness.
However, it's been several years since then and that shouldn't happen anymore. I've grown.
If I were to re-join, I doubt there will be much trouble from my side.

Deleted member 55

+Support, was a good developer a few years ago.

His application has been up since June, maybe someone should look into this ?‍?

Broda

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 20, 2022
Bloody hell, nearly 6 months later

+Support for Mirai, He would do great

Herr Kvarkar

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Dec 19, 2020
Application Accepted

Hi @Lord Mirai (未来) ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a programmer application. I'd also like to apologise for the long delay.

Congratulations on having your application accepted, please DM me on discord (kvarkar) so we can proceed with the next stage of the process.​

Status
Not open for further replies.