Denied MPK/AOR Anti Armour

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

{Mercs}DoR

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Feb 23, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
MPK/AOR Anti Armour
Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
More ability to deal with Tanks and Heli's when regiments with AA are not assigned to the same places.
Can deal with hostile vehicles at gates/vehicles refusing to leave when at locations that the KWK cannot hit
Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

Adds another AA which certain regiments may not like
Creates potential abuse (would need to be regulated with stricter rules and high rank requirements)
Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
This is a suggestion I was trying to get implemented for over 6 months back when I was RMP command, but were often ignored due to people disliking the idea of RMP getting new, efficient gear. In an RP sense, it would be more efficient/ (in my mind) realistic for those tasked to protect the base having access to Anti Tank/Air equipment to limit invasions from happening.

PS. sorry if this isn't detailed enough for some of you, I just wanted to put this idea out there to see people's views as i have been trying to get it for a while and had little response.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Vladislav

Game Master
Game Master
Donator
Aug 5, 2021
Youre mothers bedroom
No.

Literally no reason why military police would be given AT gear. MPK/AOR are supposed to be embodiment of lawfulness and tranquillity. Giving them AT is equivalent of giving real police AT gear. Can u imagine u just walk around the streets and see police just walk around with RPGs and Javelins? Doesn't sound that realistic does it?

MPK/AOR are more RP based regiment compared to other regiments. Combat is far from important and i see far more negatives in this suggestions than u have shown.

Reactions: James Overscott

{Mercs}DoR

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Feb 23, 2021
OK can you provide the postives and negatives you found and ill add them to it, its an idea i had ages ago and alot agreed with it but the higher ups tended to just ignore it @Vladislav

James Overscott

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 10, 2021
I agree with Vladislav on this one. Even though it may be nice to have more AT personnel I am of the opinion that MPK / AOR do not need an AT job. MPK / AOR is, at the core, a police regiment. I don't see why the police regiment should have an AT job. This has been brought up a couple times, and I remember it was brought up during a CO meeting (or it might have been regimental command meeting, I can't remember) a while back. It was shot down quite quickly, and honestly, I agree with that decision.

-Support

{Mercs}DoR

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Feb 23, 2021
Can i request people start just doing -support if they disagree instead of stuff like "lol no" and similar. i understand not many will like this idea i just made it cause i have had a few agree with the idea so wanted to put it out there, also i wasnt in the meeting (either before i joined again, when i was busy or if it was reg command) so didnt know someone had suggested this then.

Jimothy Leaderson

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Dec 11, 2021

+Support

MPK/AOR are peacetime regiments yes but they also do fight in wars and war is a big part of the server. To say 'police regiments having police gear is unrealistic' is a really poor argument in my opinion. Saying anything is unrealistic is not a valid reason to downvote a suggestion. Not only this but if you look especially in the US police forces have received massive amounts of military gear to conduct their duties. It's not even wholly unrealistic if you attempt to make that argument. Nobody has even attempted to address the points made by Dor in the suggestion of the fact MPK have nothing to counter tanks and aircraft.

I think the AT job for MPK should be made 1 slot and you carry a C4 (no proximity mine) and have to pick AT4 or Stinger. That'd be fair as it's still slightly less than STS (meaning you can't argue it drags people away from them) and a lot less than 15th. It means MPK have more appeal and a better chance in war. It's relatively harmless and will also help deal with the issue of lack of ground tank/heli counters even better with more AT units. Don't -support this unless you have a good point because the ones I'm seeing aren't very well made or founded.

Lee Falzone

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
-Support

Whats the point of being in 15th/IVG when everything from a frontline prespective is better to join MPK/AOR.

What we desperately need right now is a anti tank buff because lets face it over the 2 years it has been nothing but nerfs and nerfs that frustrated so many AT players.

The reason why this suggestion has been denied so many times ( and likely to be continued so ) is that it tips off other regiments. The fact we gave STS/SOTF Anti-Tank role was a huge jab to the throat for front line regiments.

We dont need extra AT's.. We need the weaponry like AT4/matador/C4/RPGs to be buffed.

Valkon

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
+Support
MPK/AOR are more a support role during war, giving them access to more gear would be a positive, although perhaps a job limit to add more differentiation between them and infantry regiments.

Connor | FUDGESICLE

FUDGESICLE
Oct 8, 2021
London
-Support

I love the idea and your justifications, however it just adds more people that can kill helis / tanks and would turn RMP into an infantry regiment. You already have a marksman which I would say is enough.

Jimothy Leaderson

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Dec 11, 2021
Whats the point of being in 15th/IVG when everything from a frontline prespective is better to join MPK/AOR.
Already answered this in my reply to the suggestion, it's not been defined what the AT job will be. Under my definition your anti tank job is still far superior, you receive a sniper rifle and join a more relaxed regiment that's less intensive in peacetime. These are just a few differences that will still help the 15th/IVG appeal.

I agree that AT needs a buff but I don't really see it as a point against this suggestion. An extra AT job for MPK will not hurt you guys in combat or any such ways.

I love the idea and your justifications, however it just adds more people that can kill helis / tanks and would turn RMP into an infantry regiment. You already have a marksman which I would say is enough.
People have been complaining about helis forever, this adds another potential counter. It won't do too much damage against tanks and will not turn RMP into an infantry regiment. If it turns into an infantry regiment that is the fault of the CO team for failing to make the appeal of policing the main point.

Michiel-MV

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Group Moderator
Jan 1, 2021
Belguim
-support

There is already lots of AT on the server and AT for a police reg doesn't feel fitting for them they allready have a breach job and a DMR job thats allready fitting. I don't think this would be a good idea.

Valkon

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
-Support

More people able to kill helicopters is a good thing btw

shaun11103

MRP War Veteran
Mar 13, 2022
MPK/AOR Anti Armour
More ability to deal with Tanks and Heli's when regiments with AA are not assigned to the same places.
Can deal with hostile vehicles at gates/vehicles refusing to leave when at locations that the KWK cannot hit

Creates potential abuse (would need to be regulated with stricter rules and high rank requirements)
This is a suggestion I was trying to get implemented for over 6 months back when I was RMP command, but were often ignored due to people disliking the idea of RMP getting new, efficient gear. In an RP sense, it would be more efficient/ (in my mind) realistic for those tasked to protect the base having access to Anti Tank/Air equipment to limit invasions from happening.

PS. sorry if this isn't detailed enough for some of you, I just wanted to put this idea out there to see people's views as i have been trying to get it for a while and had little response.
-support you don't join MPK/AOR to get an RPG/Stinger you want that join another regiment

Sandwalker

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Feb 18, 2021
UK
MPK/AOR Anti Armour

-support

Mpk/AOR are the law enforcement side of 1 RP and 2 THE GAME now listen mpk should be given a vehicle that is for securing and defending so a armoured MRAP with extra seats with a 50cal. NOT A ROCKET LAUNCHER OR STINGER SWB and UAF already have enough stingers AA artis being fired at them even more now that we have 4 hellfire instead of 8 massive nerf to the Air regiments if this gets added instead stop asking for rocket launchers and stinger and anti tank and think of something that is related to the regiment and also call stuff out use you tablet assets BUY A STINGER or easy enough hide run away or just deal with the fact that a tank is made to kill things and is not designed to be killed easily and a helicopter is literally designed to carry heavy audinence and obliteration of points and targets.

So think of something else for MPK ill list a few for ya

NEW WAYS OF STUNNING PEOPLE TO ARREST,

NEW TRANSPORT/ARMOURED TRANSPORT VEHICLE,

DIFFERENT DRONE,

BETTER JAILING SYSTEM/BETTER JAILS, WITH WAYS TO ESCAPE BREAKING BARS SECRET HATCHES, PICKLOCKING THE GATE,

REMOTE C4 FOR BREACHING AND TRAPS,

STUN GRENADES

ZIPLINES FOR EASE OF TRANSPORT POINT TO POINT,

LEVEL SYSTEM TO GAIN INFORMATION FROM ENEMY SOLDIERS SO YOU HAVE AN INTERIGATION LEVEL THAT CAN BE USED AGAINST SOLDIERS TO GAIN ACTUAL INFO ON FOBS AND OTHER THINGSWITHOUT THE RISK OF FAILRP/METAGAME/SCAMMING,

MPK/AOR EXCLUSIVE FOB PROPS FOR BUILDING CHECKPOINTS AND TRAFFIC STOPS OR EVEN BORDER CONTROL,

SPECIAL SCOUTING GEAR

This is to name a few be more creative MPK and AOR have potential to be a really high skill regiment with aspects of alot of fun and RP so pls take this into account and work with AC and SL to get MPK and AOR an update.

Mr Duckie

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Mar 9, 2021
Hi Dor,

This suggestion has been denied at this point as there isn't a case for giving police regiments AT/AA as we already have regiments designed for this type of combat.​

Status
Not open for further replies.