Denied [MRP] Significantly Reduce Restock Times

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valkon

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
It reduces current restocking times for helicopters/vehicles significantly, so much so that (almost) all stocks are available for the next war.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
The positives are that there will be a full bill of stocks for each team going into each war, it accomdates for varying timezones and prevents morning players from having to preserve stock for evening players. It also means that there is more opportunity for players to fly/tank during wars, creating more experiences players as opposed to the handful of competent players we have at the time being.

More stock = more flying/tanking = more people wanting to join those regiments. It will aid in player retention as well as preventing players logging on, seeing no stocks and logging off/switching teams.

Each war will be competitive and interesting as both teams will be able to use all their resources. Sometimes having wars with no stocks can be challenging in a fun way, but not when the other side has full stocks, then it just becomes unfair.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
The clear negative is the potential effect on infantry-based regiments. This is a concern, however I believe the effect will be a lot less noticable as helicopters fight helicopters and tanks fight tanks. The only time this could be an issue is if one team lacks pilots/tankers and can't fight back. We could perhaps raise damage on stingers and matadors to give Infantry more of a chance to counter helis/tanks if need be.

Another negative could be lag and the devaluation of these entities as rare commodities. I personally think having them being less valuable is better to server health, but some may disagree.

Last negative would be that losing stock isn't as damaging to the enemy team, this could be a worry with HIMARS/SCUDS which I would suggest don't receive a significant reduction in restock time, but enough that there is at least one available for a war.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

We do not have many solid people who can fly the helicopters on the server. This is down to lack of training but is also down to lack of incentive, it takes them weeks to pass grading systems, gain promotions and simply be around in order to fly helicopters, even then they will come up again significantly more experienced players who will stomp them each and every time. By allowing faster restocks and allowing the benefits of more player retention, the skies/land become much more competitive and much more varied. We could potentially see a new generation of pilots in the server, as opposed to the handful of OG players we have today.

The backlash for infantry is unfortunate, although I would suggest that the best counter to an enemy helicopter is a friendly helicopter, it's a system which will balance itself out without much need to manage stats.
I suggested this before and it became quite a popular suggestion, it was denied in favour of implementing a system where high command could use war funds to restock all helicopters, I personally think lowering restock times is a much more favourable approach for everyone.

Using war funds means that restocking becomes a valuable commodity in and of itself, it'd be like having a rare consumable in an RPG, you just won't want to use it until the perfect moment (which never comes)

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

el zapso

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Sep 4, 2021
Nerf helis so they have less impact and make it more dogfight oriole and we got a good suggestion

shaun11103

MRP War Veteran
Mar 13, 2022
give 2x the amount of tanks that we already get instead even make it instead of 1 chally they get 2 and instead of 2 a1 tanks they get 4 means that when hellis inevitably bully the tanks stocks aren't completely ruined

Kamil

Civil Gamers Expert
Oct 17, 2021
+support,
I have no clue why there are more helis than tanks but here we are

Valkon

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
I do agree with adding more tank stocks, but please note the suggestion is to reduce restock times (by which I mean like 75% reduction) for both tanks and helis.
I do agree with adding in a few more tanks to help balance things out, but if helicopters are fighitng helicopters it should mean tanks are able to roam a little more freely, just food for thought

Connor | FUDGESICLE

FUDGESICLE
Oct 8, 2021
London
-Suppport

The issue I have with this is that people wont give a shit about stock management if they know that they will just have full stocks or at least 1 tank / heli by next war.

Cheers

Dover_Ben

May 11, 2022
+support
would make wars more fun for people
could remove a bit of rp aspect but not really
would have to come with a heli nerf ngl (For all of them)
allows for more new players to fly/tank war with no troubles

Edit:
Would change the servers gameplay and strats for just a timer change. Would be very nice refresher.

Hoxton

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 2, 2022
I’m already sick and tired of players going 0/10 because they’re shit and then contantly pulling out boxers and humvees / oshkosh for the rest of the war, helis are also confirmed to be nerfed eventually (been said at the last town hall) this would just make the whole situation even worse

-support for helis
-support for light armored vehicles
+support for tanks

Last edited:

Nirvan

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 30, 2021
-Support
Helis as of now, literally control who wins the war and if a team doesn't have UAF/SWB on its an instant major defeat for them if we give them full stocks each war.
Tanks on the other hand don't actually effect gameplay that much and are quite shit against infantry so +support on the tank part.

shaun11103

MRP War Veteran
Mar 13, 2022
I do agree with adding more tank stocks, but please note the suggestion is to reduce restock times (by which I mean like 75% reduction) for both tanks and helis.
I do agree with adding in a few more tanks to help balance things out, but if helicopters are fighitng helicopters it should mean tanks are able to roam a little more freely, just food for thought
I think the either reduction of restock time or adding more tanks need to happen very quickly with that being said it should also happen for helicopters the argument that if there are no UAF/SWB on and this happens that it will make you instantly lose is ludicrous that already happens adding extra hellis/tanks would make it slightly easier on the ground to move around when there are UAF/SWB on both sides because they will be to worried about getting slapped by a kiowa or a ka52 to focus bombing infantry

Valkon

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
-Suppport

The issue I have with this is that people wont give a shit about stock management if they know that they will just have full stocks or at least 1 tank / heli by next war.

Cheers
Yes that’s the point I’m making, it’s not a very fun nor engaging aspect of the server so to see it riddled would be great

Also the concerns about there being more helicopters, can people please read the suggestion fully, more helicopters means more pilots which means less situations where neither side has pilots.

Also helicopters take out helicopters, it’d be irritating at first but after a few weeks/months we’d see it balance out

Astolfo

MRP War Veteran
Jun 12, 2021
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Valkon , Your suggestion has been denied.

We believe that helicopters and tanks are already a mass presence during war, and stock management is important. Removing this will destroy balance for infantry.​

Status
Not open for further replies.