Denied MTF-EVENT AUIDIO ANNOUNCEMENT FOR GMs

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Rel_Grill

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
May 6, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

This suggestion proposes the addition of audio announcements for Mobile Task Force (MTF) events. Instead of relying solely on text-based announcements, this feature introduces the option for audio notifications or messages related to MTF operations or special events.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:

Unknown currently announced to me

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

Enhanced Accessibility:
Audio announcements cater to a broader audience, including those who may prefer auditory communication. This makes event information more accessible to all members of the Civil Network community, promoting inclusivity.

Increased Attention and Immediacy: Audio notifications can grab attention more effectively than text alone. This immediacy can be especially valuable for urgent or time-sensitive announcements, ensuring that members receive and respond to critical information promptly.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

Technical Challenges:
Implementing audio announcements requires additional technical infrastructure and considerations. Ensuring compatibility with various devices as well as managing the potential for disruptions or technical glitches, may pose challenges during the implementation phase.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

This suggestion should be accepted because it introduces a dynamic and inclusive communication method that aligns with modern preferences. The positives, including enhanced accessibility and increased attention through audio, contribute to a more effective dissemination of information within the Civil Network community. To address potential negatives, careful attention must be given to privacy concerns through customizable settings, and the technical challenges can be overcome with a well-planned implementation strategy. The overall benefit of improving communication and engagement justifies the incorporation of audio announcements for MTF events.

HERE A LIST OF POSSIBLE ANNOUNCEMENTS
[Beta-7 "Maz Hatters" entry announcement]
[Lamda-5 "White Rabbits" entry announcement]
[Serpents Hand Raid Announcement]
[Global Occult Coalition Friendly + Hostile Raid Announcement]
[Resh-1 "Seat of Consciousness" entry announcement]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDDm6lWtoTk [Zeta-9 "Mole Rats" entry announcement]

Last edited:

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
+Support
They actually did this on UK server somehow with the TTS CASSIE voice from Secret Lab, not sure if it's a one off or a built-in system, but if it's not, it would be good to have that TTS system for that reason.

It would also be good if GMs (maybe SGMs specifically, to avoid abuse) had the ability to provide an audio clip (e.g. a link or file) and have it play across site like that, so properly voiced custom announcements like the ones you provided, they could just play without having to go through the process of getting them added to the server every time or whatever.

Ogre

Oct 2, 2022
+SUPPORT
this would be so cool to hear
(Just not the resh-1 because its a huge infobreach lol)

Geronimo

Jan 29, 2023
United Kingdom
+Support
Great idea as long as custom or modified announcements are made, personally don't like those because they go way too into detail when in reality it should only be necessary info conveyed

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
+Support
but agree with other comments above about necessary info only and cutting down on random infobreaches (even though random infobreaches funny)

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
+Support
-Although i would prefer a TTS rather than just a few youtube video examples

MrSiens

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Mar 21, 2022
-Support
Adding 5 or so premade audio lines to be occassionally triggered by GMs would not be very helpful, the proposed system is very inflexible and not worth the time to implement.

Also, this suggestion sounds like it was written by Chat GPT
To address potential negatives, careful attention must be given to privacy concerns through customizable settings, and the technical challenges can be overcome with a well-planned implementation strategy

Snowson

Jun 20, 2023
man posts "Most AI generated suggestion ever", asked to leave civil networks.
"Audio announcements cater to a broader audience, including those who may prefer auditory communication. This makes event information more accessible to all members of the Civil Network community, promoting inclusivity."
"Audio notifications can grab attention more effectively than text alone. This immediacy can be especially valuable for urgent or time-sensitive announcements, ensuring that members receive and respond to critical information promptly."

-support

Last edited:

Skittles

Donator
Oct 20, 2022
Also, this suggestion sounds like it was written by Chat GPT
it probably was

"This immediacy can be especially valuable for urgent or time-sensitive announcements, ensuring that members receive and respond to critical information promptly."

"Implementing audio announcements requires additional technical infrastructure and considerations. Ensuring compatibility with various devices as well as managing the potential for disruptions or technical glitches, may pose challenges during the implementation phase."

Nobody can convince me these aren't something copied right from ChatGPT

Aside from the lazy chatgpt suggestion, -support

The_Rel_Grill

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
May 6, 2022
I wasn't expecting a lot of replies in just one day but thank you all for your responses. I have read most of your responses even the ones that sounded a bit crude however I just want to mention that these links were just prime examples and can be cut and edited very easily. A Senior GM which I was delighted to see mentioned that it wouldn't be practical to copy and paste urls into a global speaker. I have spent my fair share as a GM but I for one found that playing audible queues can be interesting especially one for the SCP universe which are renowned for their audible features. Someone also mentioned that we could possibly implement a TTS system although I'm not really sure how that would work either way I'm excited to see more responses to come.

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
-support i respect looking out for GMs and the little content they have but this doesn't seem necessary unless any GM could paste in a link to be played (which I imagine would be extremely difficult to code)

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
-support i respect looking out for GMs and the little content they have but this doesn't seem necessary unless any GM could paste in a link to be played (which I imagine would be extremely difficult to code)
The difficult part would probably just be getting the audio from online, which is already done by some add-ons like the jukebox add-ons that I remember every TTT server having, so if there's an open-source one or one NL can pay for and modify privately (depends on licensing) that part is absolutely possible.

Reactions: Bill Nye The Guy

François "Napoléon"

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Feb 16, 2023
+Support
They actually did this on UK server somehow with the TTS CASSIE voice from Secret Lab, not sure if it's a one off or a built-in system, but if it's not, it would be good to have that TTS system for that reason.

It would also be good if GMs (maybe SGMs specifically, to avoid abuse) had the ability to provide an audio clip (e.g. a link or file) and have it play across site like that, so properly voiced custom announcements like the ones you provided, they could just play without having to go through the process of getting them added to the server every time or whatever.
Was done with pac I believe

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
i definitely think that, if possible, some form of robust, flexible and reasonably lightweight sfx system could come from this; this would greatly enhance the GM toolset when it comes to events and potentially even just general roleplay situations, really bring some life into the server

Status
Not open for further replies.