Denied Name Change Rule

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Archangel

Civil Gamers Expert
Sep 21, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

Changes 1.21b to not require a first name with a codename (e.g MTF E-11 LCPL "Bananas" being fine, no first name required)

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:

Yes, a very popular suggestion to revert a massively unpopular naming convention change

https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/naming-rule.14686/

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

A change that the majority of the server thought was in place is actually in place

More creative freedom for character names with only a codename being permitted

Less confusion for staff on something apparently rarely enforced

More ability for RP, such as getting a proper name from a CI DELCOM instead of just reading their card

Less troublesome work for staff?

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

Less uniqueness for ISD only having codenames with no first / last name

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

When i was staff I remember the massively unpopular change enforcing you to have a first or last name with a codename. I remember it being stated that in reverting the change it was fine to only have a codename as a non-ISD/SC member, but apparently not. It's started to pop up again that staff are enforcing having a first or last name with a codename with no real change, SSL Super Sven was asked about this and it's apparently the case.

It seems extremely odd, since the outcry from the community when this was an announced change back in April / May led to the very popular suggestion to revert the change. It should be changed so ANYONE can have just a codename, not just ISD/SC members. To put simply, as the original accepted suggestion states, "I believe this should be accepted because us players should be able to choose on how we want to format our name as long as its realistic. "

Last edited:
Reactions: Ganch

Lucía "Skibble"

Donator
Oct 20, 2022
+Support

The whole revert of the change was that you didn't have to have a first name with a codename I swear, sucks that it's apparently not the case. Loads of people have just had a codename for ages and it's been fine until it's started to be enforced for some people.

Last edited:

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
A change that the majority of the server thought was in place is actually in place More creative freedom for character names with only a codename being permitted Less confusion for staff on something apparently rarely enforced More ability for RP, such as getting a proper name from a CI DELCOM instead of just reading their card
did you forget to list your list?

anyway, had no idea this was in place. people do codenames anyway. this is kind of just already the case and it's fine, really.
+Support

Prplex

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
+support
Shouldn't be restricted like it rn imo, just allows for more creative freedom

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
+Support
The rule is already worded badly enough that I thought this was already a thing. It's also never enforced. It's essentially already enforced as if this was a thing, this change just makes it official to prevent confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.