Accepted Naming rule

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 27, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove: Make it so we don't have to add a first and last name in our name. Recently staff on US started enforcing this in which a lot of players were upset about. When I ask in the where in the rules it says that Jules responded with it's "common sense" my issue here is that's not a excuse as many players on GMOD don't have common sense and enforcing a rule that doesn't exist shouldn't be allowed. If this suggestion gets denied at least add it into the rules please.

1.20(a) Naming Conventions - Names used when creating a character must be realistic and not contain any special characters, unnecessary letters, numbers, or resembling a famous celebrity or character - An exception is made for identifying squadrons, such as [LDR]

1.20(b) Code Names - If you use a code name (e.g. John "Cloak" Smith), the following rules apply: Code names should be 1 word and must be a real word, a portmanteau of two real words, or a place name, and must be something sensible. The exception to this is for all CL5 keycard holders (F/GOC/CI) and MTFs Omega-1 & Alpha-1, who may have a longer codename without a real name.

(Don't know where it says in these rules about this but yea this is the rule the staff team are referring too.)

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Adds RP for interrogations as players should be allowed to interrogate high rankings of their name. Instead of just looking at there card.
Gives players freedom for their names as it shouldn't be required to have a first and last name as it makes it so names super long.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:None.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted: I believe this should be accepted because us players should be able to choose on how we want to format our name as long as its realistic.

Dalton

Civil Gamers Expert
May 17, 2022
New York, USA
+ Mega Support

I liked it a lot better when I could have "The Enforcer" in my name. Two admins today were forced to change the name. It's hurting RP and a lot of people are upset about this rule. I feel like there should be some major changes to this rule. Some people have been saying this has been a rule for 6 months but that argument means nothing when people on the staff team have only recently changed it.

Otters

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
+Support

I've had the codename "Otters" for the pastt 9 months, pretty much since I started playing on the server, never had a problem with it, would be a shame if I was forced to change it due to a new rule.

Reactions: Dalton

Sir Barry

Jul 20, 2022
+ Support

As long as your name isn't a slur or genitalia, I think it should be fair game. "The" at the beginning of your name hurts absolutely nothing. This rule does nothing but negatively affect RP for no particular reason except for "It's the rules." Let people put in a name they want. Not even staff members like this rule. This is a game. Change the damn rule.

Reactions: Ogre

Rev. Doofster Runner

Jun 27, 2022
Australia
I'd say to still make sure we can't have complete meme or inappropriate names.

+ Support though

It's gotten a bit out of hand the amount of policing going on for it and freedom should be given back to the community for the naming choices.

Rowling

Jan 14, 2023
+Support
- as a CI it literally doesn't make any sense for my character full legal name to be displayed on my keycard, same with all/most foundation personnel that are combative.

Status
Not open for further replies.