Accepted Naming rule

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 27, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove: Make it so we don't have to add a first and last name in our name. Recently staff on US started enforcing this in which a lot of players were upset about. When I ask in the where in the rules it says that Jules responded with it's "common sense" my issue here is that's not a excuse as many players on GMOD don't have common sense and enforcing a rule that doesn't exist shouldn't be allowed. If this suggestion gets denied at least add it into the rules please.

1.20(a) Naming Conventions - Names used when creating a character must be realistic and not contain any special characters, unnecessary letters, numbers, or resembling a famous celebrity or character - An exception is made for identifying squadrons, such as [LDR]

1.20(b) Code Names - If you use a code name (e.g. John "Cloak" Smith), the following rules apply: Code names should be 1 word and must be a real word, a portmanteau of two real words, or a place name, and must be something sensible. The exception to this is for all CL5 keycard holders (F/GOC/CI) and MTFs Omega-1 & Alpha-1, who may have a longer codename without a real name.

(Don't know where it says in these rules about this but yea this is the rule the staff team are referring too.)

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Adds RP for interrogations as players should be allowed to interrogate high rankings of their name. Instead of just looking at there card.
Gives players freedom for their names as it shouldn't be required to have a first and last name as it makes it so names super long.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:None.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted: I believe this should be accepted because us players should be able to choose on how we want to format our name as long as its realistic.

Filip McSpazz

Feb 19, 2023
+SUPPORT

They started enforcing it because of me, it wasn’t a problem till bias staff that don’t like me yelled at me for having Commander in my name as D-Class even though it was RP. And ever since I argued they went and made 80 rules about it because I said there wasn’t rules about it. W Chas

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
Massive + Support

This rule is so Stupid
Everyone hates it
Makes no sense
Allows you to be Identified by One name constantly, and not by your First, Code, or Last Name
Admins on the UK are a lot lighter on the rule, so it makes no sense that the USA should get this treatment

Bad Rule, please Change it.
There are no -Support's

Reactions: Dalton

Mayuri

Mar 17, 2023
+Support
-This naming convention thing is stupid it does not enhance role play at all.

Reactions: Dalton

Betriv

Jul 5, 2022
+support wouldnt make sense for a top secret "military" base to have your full fucking legal name on a keycard that if you drop somewhere you're fucked now i feel like EVERY character should have a first and last name that isnt in your actual name so say you get interrogated for it you have a name that is tied to your character

Last edited:

FrostByte

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2021
My actual opinion;
Keep the codenames for people who would realistically have one. Like Nu7, CI, people who directly deal with rogue or hostile people regularly. However, I don't think a Security Cadet should have a codename with no real name. I also don't think there's any reason for S.A to have their names redacted either. Even in lore, the Site Directors name for every site is completely unredacted, because they don't really leave the site. They live there, effectively.

However, I think MTF should be able to choose to have only codenames but must have an actual name for people to find out via interrogation. Otherwise, people like IA, Researchers, and Security don't need just codenames. IA Director may be the only exception to this. It provides nothing to RP for everyone in the server to have a codename with no real name, but I agree it makes sense for some regiments to have codenames outside of Alpha 1 and Omega 1.

sprucerrr

Mar 30, 2023
+ HUGE SUPPORT

This rule exists for no fucking reason and is annoying for every single reason. Just why is this a thing change it back already.

egg.

Mar 4, 2023
Spain

+ support

Name rules are really unprecise. i had an issue with mine (thankfully it got accepted) when IC it made sense to have said name. names should be anything the player wants as long as its apropiate and goes with the player's OC / lore and/or the SCP theme imo. absolutely no reason to have a full on name and surname when IC you could be KNOWN as a nickname

Status
Not open for further replies.