Denied Nerf Cameras.

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kito

Oct 11, 2022
Arkansas
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Remove the ability for cameras to display "UNKNOWN" on GOIs exclusively, and look past all GOI disguises. It is blatantly overpowered and way too power-game-y, and really destroys chances for a DC/AR to be successful. Especially since O5 have almost nothing to do around the site but sit on cameras and make ISD terminate Class-Ds and DC/ARs.

Reuse the existing "UNKNOWN" feature to be displayed randomly on players, instead of consistently on GOIs. Cameras and Database systems often have issues or glitches, and the CCTV box can have it's HP upped to 4 instead of 2, with lower HP resulting in more "UNKNOWN"s displaying randomly on personnel.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
+ Deep-Cover/Assessment Raids can actually occur with more success.
+ Cameras will still be useful for identifying GOIs, but it'd require more than just sitting there and seeing someone on cameras doing nothing.
+ ISD can be used less as hit-men and more as Internal Security.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- ISD wont get to kill/dunk on DC/ARs as often.
- DEA wont get to kill/dunk on DC/ARs as often.
- O5 will return to being nearly useless(no offense).

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Its really annoying that the only reason DC/ARs are exposed is because cameras, and code-words. It makes them really impossible to actually conduct without immediately breaking cover to kill MTF, resulting in way too little RP scenarios where DCs/ARs pull a valid ID.

DaveDogs

Feb 19, 2023
My house
steamcommunity.com
Cameras actively inhibit DC/Assesments without any effort on the Foundations part. Way too powerful at this time.

The listed changes are excellent, CCTV is still a threat, but not a complete game changer for DC and Assesments.

+Support

Cheese Cooper

Sep 5, 2022
afaik the "unknown" thing should only pop up if you do something like take the disguise of someone who is disguised
I know 914 disguises work with it, and I can't imagine them releasing cameras w/o making them compatible with the disguise kit. Ik it'll show unknown if you take a disguise and your disguise name doesn't change (if you take the disguise from someone who is disguised for instance, so you have a foundation playermodel but a ci/goc name)

sounds like a bug ngl

Kito

Oct 11, 2022
Arkansas
afaik the "unknown" thing should only pop up if you do something like take the disguise of someone who is disguised
I know 914 disguises work with it, and I can't imagine them releasing cameras w/o making them compatible with the disguise kit. Ik it'll show unknown if you take a disguise and your disguise name doesn't change (if you take the disguise from someone who is disguised for instance, so you have a foundation playermodel but a ci/goc name)

sounds like a bug ngl
Its an intended feature.
It only displays "unknown" on GOIs with no consideration for disguise, and it blatantly says D-XXXX <name> even if the Class-D has a 914 disguise.

Tub

Aug 6, 2022
+support
maybe make it so if 1 of the boxes is down it displays unknown for everyone and if the 2nd box is down the cams are down for good

Cheese Cooper

Sep 5, 2022
Its an intended feature.
It only displays "unknown" on GOIs with no consideration for disguise, and it blatantly says D-XXXX <name> even if the Class-D has a 914 disguise.
really? that sounds pretty dumb ngl. just remove the unknown part and make it display your name as disguised and that'll probably work

Alpa

Jun 23, 2022
Its an intended feature.
914 disguises work on the cams so thats just completely wrong, it's just disguise cards that don't, regardless of whether you are foundation or CI/GOC the camera sees through the disguise which I highly doubt is an intended feature, if it was intended id assume foundation would disguise properly on cameras using the ID cards. It's probably a bug tbh.

Evil

Jun 24, 2022
+Support
people rely on camera too much, the moment all the camera are destroyed everyone shits themselves

Kito

Oct 11, 2022
Arkansas
really? that sounds pretty dumb ngl. just remove the unknown part and make it display your name as disguised and that'll probably work
914 disguises work on the cams so thats just completely wrong, it's just disguise cards that don't, regardless of whether you are foundation or CI/GOC the camera sees through the disguise which I highly doubt is an intended feature, if it was intended id assume foundation would disguise properly on cameras using the ID cards. It's probably a bug tbh.
I duno if it's been updated but I know, for sure, day-1, cameras displayed Class-D names & their number fully, regardless of disguise. The cams literally ignored any and all input of disguise to identify a player & simply displayed their name period, unless it was a GOI, in which case it displayed "UNKNOWN".

Rev. Doofster Runner

Jun 27, 2022
Australia
+Support

Nothing like working your way into foundation to be cam sniped by a Camera only to have the entire A1 and DEA groups come down on you. Even if you have the correct ID, they weapon check you and then your done since you can't drop you hacking device and weapons

Kito

Oct 11, 2022
Arkansas
+Support

Nothing like working your way into foundation to be cam sniped by a Camera only to have the entire A1 and DEA groups come down on you. Even if you have the correct ID, they weapon check you and then your done since you can't drop you hacking device and weapons
They aren't allowed to use weapons as a reason to kill/ID you. They can code-word check you though without consequence :3

Gizzmo

Oct 23, 2022
-Support
Advocate for adding something cooler instead of nerfing what we have, add warfund system to GOC/CI, allow them to disable cameras or scramble the identification system or turn all of them into cognito hazards.

Kito

Oct 11, 2022
Arkansas
-Support
Advocate for adding something cooler instead of nerfing what we have, add warfund system to GOC/CI, allow them to disable cameras or scramble the identification system or turn all of them into cognito hazards.
That would be cool, however all DC/ARs are literally impossible to conduct right now with cameras in their current state. Plus I'd have to make a seperate suggestion for that lol.

ionboy64

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Group Moderator
Jun 3, 2022
Remove the ability for cameras to display "UNKNOWN" on GOIs exclusively
-support

Foundation cameras set to scan personnel on site would have a databse of personnel on site. GOI's would have no stored memory in said database and as such appear as unknown on the camera.

Cameras can very much be bypassed as easily as any door, you have to actually plan your raid now is the only issue instead of just waltzing were you please.

Status
Not open for further replies.