Accepted Nerf reality bender swep + Buff Scranton Reality Anchor

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mars

Oct 7, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

This suggestion imposes that the reality bender swep should be nerfed as the current state of the reality benders is way to annoying to deal with, especially in low pop times.

First of all I believe the one-shot aspect of some of the TG's / 8837 should be removed / nerfed heavily. First of all remove the ability for multiple targets to be attacked by the one-shot abilities. Second of all I believe that the way you select players that you wanna kill with the reality bending swep should be changed to where you actually have to aim at the player to kill them, this makes so the SCP's actually require some sort of skill to use them.

If whatever I wrote above doesn't get accepted I believe that the one-shot abilities energy cost should be increased by a good margin, also remove TG's ability to spawn in freedoms impossible, It's fair that you keep this ability to D-Class, CI or Thaumatologist type reality benders but a >15k Hp monster being able to 2 - 3 shot ERT is wild.

Also the Scranton Reality Anchors need to be buffed, they are pretty much useless in a widely open area where the range of the Anchor is basically nothing, I believe increasing the range would be fair.

Also just a little thing that could be done, maybe it could be possible for the Energy regen of TG's / 8837 to be scaled of off how many people are on the server.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Don't know

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

A more balanced gameplay loop when it comes to Player Vs SCP Combat.
A possibility for a wider range of SCP Selection instead of just choosing the best SCP Reality benders.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

The entire incentive for reality benders being paid SCP's is because of their OP Nature and it might lower the amount of future sales the server sells for the whitelists.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Because Reality benders to OP and is not fair during early times nor is it fun to deal with reality benders with 800 different abilities that can one-shot you.

• Haha
Reactions: fiski69

Mars

Oct 7, 2023
also pls dont -support based on that you dont like one of the 4 different suggestions i put in here, try to give feedback on each of the different suggestions!

Biscuits

Jan 2, 2023
Buff Scranton's vs TG, fair for everything else
idk about the other stuff, if ert dont work together they die shrimple as

Michael Dzhetnikov

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 22, 2022
all of these make the RBs practically obsolete when outnumbered, i get it, it isnt that fun to be insta killed randomly, but it also isnt fun if they get crushed by 3-4+ people with SRAs and are only capable of killing one immediately.
-Support
maybe increase the amount of time an anchor but not by much since they can be spammed

PhaseHound

Jun 19, 2023
-Support

I'm going to dissect and give a written response for each part of this suggestion on way these changes are not necessary or needed.

Scranton's are good as is in hallways and small rooms. They have a decent range with the ability to work through walls. They're not effective in large open areas which is fine because it's not a location you'd put it in tactically speaking. Type-Blue's and Type-Green's only real source of firepower is their reality bending, so Scranton's already hinder them by like 90% most of the time. A buff for Scranton's are both unneeded and unnecessary.

Energy regen scaling is not needed. It's slow enough for normal Type-Blue's, it doesn't need it to be worse for them.
Energy regen is already at a good pace for Type-Green's as they have a huge pool of 300 energy, meaning they can expend more than they can regen. So that doesn't need to be worse off either.

One-shot ability energy usage doesn't need to be increased as they are already costly abilities. A good TG with a decent weapon could detain 6 people and kill them with only 30 energy, opposed to the 40 it requires to kill 2 people.
Furthermore TG's don't need to lose the ability to spawn in Freedom's. Yes it's a somewhat annoying one-shot weapon but it still requires time, energy, and luck to materialize. And it only last for 2 minutes, so they could spawn one and not see anyone for those 2 minutes and it would've been a waste.

Finally, TG's don't need their One-shot abilities nerfed, nor does taking away multiple targeting necessary. Like I said above they are costly abilities, vital energy that could be used somewhere else by good TG players. You gotta remember SCP's aren't facing like 5 to 7 people, they're facing the entirety of Foundation's Combative Personnel. Good coordination between operatives of multiple MTF's and well placed Scranton's will lead to certain doom of a Type-Green.

Is it certain that most of foundation combatives will be on the same page and coordinate properly, No. All players are free-thinkers who decide what they want to do and how they want to deal with a situation. But that doesn't mean there are times where everyone collectively works together to reach a common goal of killing a TG.

Remember Type-Green's are only frustrating when working with other SCP's, on their own they're just your average 106 or 682 player. Alone and weak, easily stomped by a few smart individuals. I hope I explained this to the best of my ability and that they're coherent responses.

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
-Support basically all of this. Only part I +Support is buffing SRAs, but that has been denied in the past.

We could definitely do with better scaling of their abilities with players online, but the way you have suggested of changing their energy amount and regen, I'm pretty sure is already a thing. Maybe it could be improved/buffed, or maybe something else is also needed.

Biscuits

Jan 2, 2023
-Support basically all of this. Only part I +Support is buffing SRAs, but that has been denied in the past.

We could definitely do with better scaling of their abilities with players online, but the way you have suggested of changing their energy amount and regen, I'm pretty sure is already a thing. Maybe it could be improved/buffed, or maybe something else is also needed.
their abilities are scaled by people on, energy takes longer to grow the less people are on

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
First of all I believe the one-shot aspect of some of the TG's / 8837 should be removed / nerfed heavily. First of all remove the ability for multiple targets to be attacked by the one-shot abilities.
no lmao
Second of all I believe that the way you select players that you wanna kill with the reality bending swep should be changed to where you actually have to aim at the player to kill them, this makes so the SCP's actually require some sort of skill to use them.
bruh

in my experience, the reality bending swep is impossible to target people with in a combat situation - it's very temperamental and too often it doesn't actually select people when you right click on them, which is not what you want when you have 20 people shooting in your direction. to date, i have never successfully hit anyone in combat with the reality bending swep

if anything, it needs fixing/buffing
If whatever I wrote above doesn't get accepted I believe that the one-shot abilities energy cost should be increased by a good margin
it's already expensive energy-wise, it detracts from them being able to use the other abilities within a short timespan
also remove TG's ability to spawn in freedoms impossible, It's fair that you keep this ability to D-Class, CI or Thaumatologist type reality benders but a >15k Hp monster being able to 2 - 3 shot ERT is wild.
materialise is random, it's all up to RNG - i do agree that basically being lucky with this is kinda bullshit and materialise could be reworked in some way, but i don't think outright removing parts of it is a palatable option, rework probably preferable
Also the Scranton Reality Anchors need to be buffed, they are pretty much useless in a widely open area where the range of the Anchor is basically nothing, I believe increasing the range would be fair.
recent SRA buffs have been denied for what are, imo, pretty dumb reasons

i'd say "CT won't buff SRA without good reason" but given that i've just demonstrated this to be patently false, i'll just go out on a limb and say we won't unfortunately ever see an SRA buff of any kind.
Also just a little thing that could be done, maybe it could be possible for the Energy regen of TG's / 8837 to be scaled of off how many people are on the server.
finally, a sane part of the suggestion. yes, if this isn't already the case, then fine. i agree with this

otherwise
-Support
get this guy off the stage

Prplex

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
all of these make the RBs practically obsolete when outnumbered, i get it, it isnt that fun to be insta killed randomly, but it also isnt fun if they get crushed by 3-4+ people with SRAs and are only capable of killing one immediately.
-Support
maybe increase the amount of time an anchor but not by much since they can be spammed
They can't be spammed there's a fairly long cooldown between placing them even after death and a large cooldown to get them from dispensers

Prplex

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
-Support
I don't think reality benders should be nerfed but I would like to see the long cooldown on scrantons being placed gone. Makes no sense to have a cooldown taking one from a dispensers and a cooldown between placing them. Sra would benefit greatly from a buff or some more qol but unfortunately they don't seem to like buffing what is one of the least consistent and useful options

Mars

Oct 7, 2023
-Support
I don't think reality benders should be nerfed but I would like to see the long cooldown on scrantons being placed gone. Makes no sense to have a cooldown taking one from a dispensers and a cooldown between placing them. Sra would benefit greatly from a buff or some more qol but unfortunately they don't seem to like buffing what is one of the least consistent and useful options
^^ tbh the best nerf right now to reality benders is a SRA buff, lowering cooldown from 15 min to like 5 and increasing the radius

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
-support/neutral
Just saying, admins may get mad since you pretty much have like 4 mini suggestions in one
Also, similar suggestions are commonly denied

This suggestion imposes that the reality bender swep should be nerfed as the current state of the reality benders is way to annoying to deal with, especially in low pop times.
i'd just like to point out that the server is never balanced around low-pop times. the facility is not only gigantic but only really works with people from every department doing their thing- as a result, if we're playing at low pop times you can't expect everything to be going fine:

a CI raid usually goes really well late at night but that doesn't mean we should nerf CI when their gameplay loop is balanced during prime-time.

First of all I believe the one-shot aspect of some of the TG's / 8837 should be removed / nerfed heavily. First of all remove the ability for multiple targets to be attacked by the one-shot abilities. Second of all I believe that the way you select players that you wanna kill with the reality bending swep should be changed to where you actually have to aim at the player to kill them, this makes so the SCP's actually require some sort of skill to use them.
i'm no coder but I imagine changing how the targeting system works for all reality benders will be a pain in the ass if accepted. Not only that, but it makes any ability done at range extremely tedious, as one person walking in front of you (by accident or with liquid anima) will completely stop you from being able to attack anybody behind them which could very well spell the end of a breach

If whatever I wrote above doesn't get accepted I believe that the one-shot abilities energy cost should be increased by a good margin, also remove TG's ability to spawn in freedoms impossible, It's fair that you keep this ability to D-Class, CI or Thaumatologist type reality benders but a >15k Hp monster being able to 2 - 3 shot ERT is wild.
I've said this so many times before, ERT only have 500HP and 500 armour. You can't expect to be able to bumrush an SCP and survive: YOU NEED TO CO-ORDINATE WITH THE OTHER ERT AND SITE STAFF TO EFFECTIVELY DEAL WITH A BREACH
I'd be happy for them to reduce its spawn chances but definitely not to remove it entirely

the corridors in LCZ are tiny and there are chokepoints everywhere, I think it'd make the breach experience more difficult but wouldn't be too big of a change tbh

Energy regen dependence on playercount sounds good tbh

grunger

Feb 26, 2023
+ Player-proportionate energy regeneration, SRA range increase
- Inability to spawn energy weapons, aim-based abilities, increase in energy expenditure, single-target insta-kill abilities

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
I'll be honest, if you're wanting a TG nerf don't try to nerf everything at once.
E.G. nerfing insta kills in 2 ways is wayyyy more hurtful than nerfing it in just one.
Personally I like the one where you hold it down, and think the other one will just make it really bad and worthless.

For Freedoms that's just pure luck. If a TG gets a freedom he should be able to use it for however long he has it, hes not going to be able to kill all of ERT with it.

rest has been mentioned above
-Support
-although a SRA buff would be nice, maybe increase the distance and lower its duration

Michael Dzhetnikov

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 22, 2022
They can't be spammed there's a fairly long cooldown between placing them even after death and a large cooldown to get them from dispensers
multiple people can and do consecutively place them after one decays, so yes, they can be spammed

Status
Not open for further replies.