Denied New CI Rank

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylveon

Game Master
Game Master
Jul 25, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
I would like to suggest the addition of the rank Sigma into the CI Insurgency, this rank would be before Alpha. This rank EXIST in LORE of the insurgency, and would help provide an extra enlisted rank to help progression in the Insurgency. In regards to this suggestion, some jobs would benefit from having a License changes, and for that I would like to recommend the following...
- Medic to Alpha
- Tech Expert to Sigma

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Additional Ranks within CI would help push a more solid rank progression within CI, as currently we have FOUR ranks until you reach DELCOM.
- Help diversify promotions within CI, and overall helping to the health of the rank structure.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Depending on how difficult the Regiment system is, the addition of the new rank could be difficult.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I do recall some one mentioning it wouldn't be super difficult, but I don't know. Overall this new ran would help thin out our ranks within CI, as We have Alpha and Beta as enlisted, Gamma and Delta as NCO Jobs, then DELCOM, BCOM, MCOM, LTCOM, and COM as Officer Jobs.

Reactions: Mayuri

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
+/- Neutral
-A wee bit unneeded

-More Progression, therefore more depth to CI
-Messes up already Established Systems

Jam

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 10, 2022
+support
Wanted this in old CI Command. Put Sigma before Delta and everything is good. Might as well rename CI Commander to CI Cell Director because that is how CI is structured and it gives CI that special unique kick to it, instead of everything being called "Commander". But it won't happen because changing a line in code probably is too much asked for.
Every CI Cell had its own ranking structure, for reasons of deception and confusion to outsiders and because the Chaos Insurgency is so unorganised, that these ranking structures are so unequal that they will find no overall equilavent to ranks. Hence Sigma is also above Delta in some instances or in some wikis you can find the ranks flipped upside down, highest rank being Alpha, lowest Delta. That is all because the Insurgency is so unorganised that they have no common equilavent.

Jam

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 10, 2022
+/- Neutral
Having a new rank would kind of mess up things from how we dealt with this problem on the UK server where we added PLP and Sierra-7. Personally I think a new rank isn't needed at the moment.
+/- Neutral
-A wee bit unneeded

-More Progression, therefore more depth to CI
-Messes up already Established Systems
How can it messing with organisation be a problem. CI could need some variations and additions, this obviously isn't a high priority but it's something. Also adding Sigma ain't gonna mess up that much. Just adapt to it if it is added, at least you'd be getting something. Switching Gamma PLP to Sigma PLP isn't a hard task.

Aura_

Jul 3, 2022
+SUPPORT

It's surprising to me that it hasn't been added already. Not only does it fit in lore, but it also adds more structure and progression to a faction that may desperately need it. It also serves as a good balance option to have Medic available to Alpha, where a large chunk of CI players tend to be for a long period of time. This opens up the possibility of this percentage of the players within the faction to play more supportive roles (that can actually assist in main raids consistently), and it overall looks healthy.

I see the grievances of UK here, but I can't help but think there might be some underlying issue completely unrelated to this being added/not. Personally, if they are adding these sub-ranks added to their structure, then perhaps it serves as self-evident CI leadership is seeking to add something like this.

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
isnt sigma like a godamn roblox rank nahhhhh -Support thats cringe dont do that to my beloved CI

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
How can it messing with organisation be a problem. CI could need some variations and additions, this obviously isn't a high priority but it's something. Also adding Sigma ain't gonna mess up that much. Just adapt to it if it is added, at least you'd be getting something. Switching Gamma PLP to Sigma PLP isn't a hard task.
now switching gamma PLP or delta PLP to sigma would be good, i just dont think that sigma should be below alpha, for the sake of connivence

- Support
Really? A rank called Sigma just sounds stupid. There is no need for rank after Alpha genuinely think you either stick with the 2 NCO and Enlisted Ranks or develop something similar to the CI UK has as if your adding an extra rank at the start then you might as well add like 5 more in between the others.

Man of Culture

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 27, 2022
- Support
Really? A rank called Sigma just sounds stupid. There is no need for rank after Alpha genuinely think you either stick with the 2 NCO and Enlisted Ranks or develop something similar to the CI UK has as if your adding an extra rank at the start then you might as well add like 5 more in between the others.
Me when greek alphabet exists

Sylveon

Game Master
Game Master
Jul 25, 2022
- Support
It appears your missing the point where this Rank EXIST within CI lore, its a literal LORE rank.

To also note, What works on the UK server, doesn't mean it will work on the US Server, Both are COMPLETLY different dynamics, and I will not pretend copying what UK CI does will work.

Granted, the Lore of the CI ranks are different from how we have it set up, but regardless, adding a new enlisted rank to help balance out the CO/Rest of CI ratio is a boon, and shouldn't really hinder what is established in terms of current policy or structure.
[ Source: http://ci-wiki.wikidot.com/personnel-designations ]

Attachments

• sigmarank.PNG
    sigmarank.PNG
    40.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

BoltSive

Jun 12, 2022
World Trade Center, New York
It appears your missing the point where this Rank EXIST within CI lore, its a literal LORE rank.

To also note, What works on the UK server, doesn't mean it will work on the US Server, Both are COMPLETLY different dynamics, and I will not pretend copying what UK CI does will work.

Granted, the Lore of the CI ranks are different from how we have it set up, but regardless, adding a new enlisted rank to help balance out the CO/Rest of CI ratio is a boon, and shouldn't really hinder what is established in terms of current policy or structure.
[ Source: http://ci-wiki.wikidot.com/personnel-designations]
Lore doesn't matter (Either way the lore is from a Roblox game) and to be honest the rank "Sigma" does sound really stupid, even if it's lore accurate.

Rev. Doofster Runner

Jun 27, 2022
Australia
+Support

4 Ranks before Officer is a pathetically small amount of ranks, and besides, you get Beta by simply farting in line with the Delcom commands.

"Sigma"

Donator
Jul 26, 2022
NY?
+Support
The name is a bit trolly but im a Alpha and i have been alpha for a long time and i feel as if we should get medic i always hear people screaming about why dont we have medics medics where are oyu and nobody wants to play medic becuase of strike team and other jobs instead adding a new rank and giving alpha a medic which i would love to play as more than strike team would be more than fair.

Blondie

Mar 9, 2022
Sweden
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Sylveon ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

After discussing this with both the U.K and U.S CI Command team we have decided to deny this due to the fact none of the factions wanted it implemented.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.