Denied New CI Ranks

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pinhead

Jan 27, 2023
I want to preface this suggestion with something so it is clear for everyone - YES, this suggestion was made and denied before, however regimental command from both US and UK have come together since then and seem to have come to a sort of consensus on the necessity of these jobs and how they will be implemented. I also want to mention that the rank of "Sigma" IS in fact a lore rank, while the "Omega" rank is NOT a rank in lore, however I am a believer that gameplay or structure should be valued over lore or realism.

What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
  • Add the "Sigma" rank before Alpha - this rank would have the Operative, Chemist, Deep Cover and Juggernaut jobs.
  • Add the "Omega" rank between Gamma and Delta - this rank would have the TYPE-BLUE job.
CI ranks updated.png

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
YES, the Sigma rank was suggested by the US LTCOM about 4 months ago, and it was denied due to disagreements between US and UK command. We have since spoken about these changes and have come to agreements on their implementation. (https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/new-ci-rank.15564/page-2#post-102042)

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
  1. CI would finally have non-CO ranks that match the rest of the server. Currently both Foundation and GOC have 3 enlisted ranks and 3 NCO ranks, however CI has always been left with their 2 and 2.
  2. Progression in the regiment would be enhanced as less ranks has meant less overall movement in the regiment for the average player, which lowers overall retention.
  3. This could diversify where jobs are placed as we have multiple ranks where several vital jobs are unlocked with one promotion, and this will be able to split up where potential NEW jobs (wink wink) (?) might be able to go.
  4. Could act as a replacement for the UK's current "PLP" system, which effectively adds ranks after Gamma and Delta.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
  • Development time. Obviously it would take some time and effort for the implementation as new rank insignia would have to be made as well as moving all of the jobs around.
  • Setting up the ranks on rosters, organizing the bunks layout and creating internal policies for these ranks will take some time and effort from the command staff of either side.
  • Status quo will be changed; people are used to 4 non CO ranks, so this may throw people for a loop.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
CI has stood apart from the conventional rank structures of the rest of the server for seemingly no real reason other than lore. If this were to be accepted, we would finally match the rest of the server and players could progress through the ranks with retention in mind - with more ranks, people can be promoted more, and when you are promoted more, you stick around! The negatives are only inconveniences to those who don't truly want this implemented, and after talking over with some of UK CI command, I hope that this won't be the case. Thanks for reading y'all.

Last edited:

John "Kratos" Freeman

Oct 10, 2022
+support
i know this will take forever to be added but i think more ranks are needed in CI. beta to gamma is a big promotion and omega gives it less of a big promotion. sigma makes it where there are more ranks to use because the main idea of playing something is to get higher in ranks mainly and sigma makes it where people can get promotions and make them keep wanting to play instead on waiting a long ass time because we have a lack of ranks.

Caesar Kuznetsov

Oct 24, 2022
+ SOUP

CI is far more active than say GOC, or even some actual regiments and departments, yet has less of an interesting rank structure to speak of. Perfect opportunity to add more RP potential for Chaos ?

Neptune

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Mar 4, 2023
England

- Support

the idea was just spoken about in the UK CO meeting and we believe a change like this is not currently needed however we would be willing too talk in discord about it and any ideas we have.

-UK CI CO team

Scottygofast

Apr 21, 2023
+SUPPORT
I think Deep Cover would be better to be alpha and not sigma because DC takes a little more game sense and skill than all the other regular jobs.
But other than that this is actually a really good idea and would be a good addition to CI's ranking system.

Status
Not open for further replies.