Denied NLR Rule Clarification on KOS's

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Speff

Jan 17, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Adding a Rule Clarification about KOS's bypassing NLR. This means that if you or someone else put a KOS on somebody and you die, the KOS on them is still valid for you. This could also apply to AOS's. As far as I know this rule was already in place (confirmed with admins), but it hasn't yet been added to Rule Clarifications.

Possible Positives of the suggestion:
-Less confusion regarding KOS's being valid after somebody died
-Less staff sits

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
-Don't see any...

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I've gone into multiple sits after being killed by somebody with a KOS or AOS on them (yes skill issue I know), and all of them have turned out the same. A rule clarification would be easier, as I could just copy and paste the link of a rule clarification, which (in most cases) would take much faster than waiting for an admin sit.

Edit: People keep getting confused on what this means so let elaborate:

This rule is already in place, and I have confirmed with admins. I am not suggesting this rule. I am suggesting that SL as a rule clarification to this rule, so that less people call admin sits on it over and over again.

This is an example of what the rule says (that, again, is already in place):

There's a KOS on you (was called out in comms)

I die because you shoot me

I can still come back and try to KOS you (from the call in comms)

Another example:

Somebody puts out a KOS on Bob in /c3 Comms. Jeff, who has access to c3 Comms, attempts to find Bob, but Jeff dies (how he dies doesn't matter). After Jeff respawns, Jeff can still look for Bob and attempt to KOS him. This also works with AOS's.

Last edited:

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
Massive +

I've put aoses out and they just drink bleach then say wElL I dIeD so doesn't work

Speff

Jan 17, 2023
Massive +

I've put aoses out and they just drink bleach then say wElL I dIeD so doesn't work
Nonono I'm saying like:

Last edited:

Filip McSpazz

Feb 19, 2023
-Support

This is just a loop whole to break NLR. For example if I have a KOS on me but I kill you, it wouldn’t make sense for you to come back and kill me. Even if you learned about the KOS again in “RP”

Speff

Jan 17, 2023
-Support

This is just a loop whole to break NLR. For example if I have a KOS on me but I kill you, it wouldn’t make sense for you to come back and kill me. Even if you learned about the KOS again in “RP”
Filip remember this isn't suggesting the rule, this is suggesting that there be a clarification about it. The rule is already in place and has been confirmed by multiple admins.

Last edited:

Auburn

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 2, 2023
+Support,
As an IA i cannot tell you how many times I have tried to make an arrest for the guy to say "I've died" In OOC, and then have to get a staff to check death logs to confirm. Also, if an AOS is out the people will intentionally act in a way that people will perceive as hostile to get killed and claim NLR.
If you have an AOS out on you, it should apply to YOU, not your Character. Otherwise its incredibly easy to avoid punishment

Reactions: Max Henry

mihailo2121

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 5, 2021
+support
even if mods go the other way and say that kos doesn't apply after death, a clarification would be great to minimise confusion and time wasted

Reactions: Speff

Maine

Mar 13, 2023
-SUPPORT
Respect NLR. If a person dies, then they are not to be arrested. Its as simple as that

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
-support if someone kills you, as much as you hate it there's no way you should know they are there unless you've got a whole group of people searching for them

Speff

Jan 17, 2023
-SUPPORT
Respect NLR. If a person dies, then they are not to be arrested. Its as simple as that
Yes what you said is a rule, but it is not the rule I want to make a rule clarification about. I'm trying to make a rule clarification about the fact that if there's a KOS on somebody and you die, you can still know about the KOS on them, no matter how you died.

Example:

-support if someone kills you, as much as you hate it there's no way you should know they are there unless you've got a whole group of people searching for them
Well if there was a KOS call in comms, you would have a whole group of people searching for them

Last edited:

Dinklesprinkle

Civil Gamers Expert
May 11, 2022
+Support,
As an IA i cannot tell you how many times I have tried to make an arrest for the guy to say "I've died" In OOC, and then have to get a staff to check death logs to confirm. Also, if an AOS is out the people will intentionally act in a way that people will perceive as hostile to get killed and claim NLR.
If you have an AOS out on you, it should apply to YOU, not your Character. Otherwise its incredibly easy to avoid punishment
pretty sure if someone dies whilst they are on KOS/AOS you can still applicate them if you don't know they've died in character

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
pretty sure if someone dies whilst they are on KOS/AOS you can still applicate them if you don't know they've died in character
nope unless u have bodycam of them doing the crime all KOS and AOS is voided i have a similar suggestion from months ago that was left ignored

ATOM

Apr 3, 2023
-Support

I've actually dealt with a situation like this where one player killed me bc I said I was going to kill them, then a player told that player again what I had already said and he killed me again and got away with it

ATOM

Apr 3, 2023
- support doesn't make sense plus no reasoning against it was provided

Dinklesprinkle

Civil Gamers Expert
May 11, 2022
nope unless u have bodycam of them doing the crime all KOS and AOS is voided i have a similar suggestion from months ago that was left ignored
The Suggestion is not ignored Supers are un-paid volunteers that have a lot more to focus on then a cope suggestion that can only be looked at by supers+ as its a rule change, they also have 2 whole communities to look after one of them being an extremely childish community and constantly causing issues for them as people tend to rank skip staff to supers in-terms of complaints or issues people cause in general that can be dealt with by non SL staff.

Yeke

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Mar 20, 2022
Apologies for being confused here, but the clarification is already part of the rule in itself.

"New Life Rule means that you can not remember or use any information from a previous life in RP."

Im not sure how there is confusion on acting on a KOS / AOS, if you die, you should forget about it unless it is brought up again, not just scrolling up in your chat and going "oh it was said before I died so I can use it again".

Status
Not open for further replies.