Denied No more "Red Ping", be more aware (Sniper Mark Change)

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MLGMagicHoodini

Aug 23, 2023
Portugal
www.youtube.com
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
I think most people that play sniper, find it annoying going in sniper, shooting once, getting spotted, and dead, even if nobody saw you, so why not make so other people need be more aware? This should be implemented in DMR too, since they use more or less the same scope (I think), the addon in question is https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2073195865 for people that play/ed COD know that the only way to know when u getting sniped is the light u can see in the distance, and it works really well for that, also it's much better than a server wide red ping that even people in base can see it, even if no were near it

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Don't think so, but London, Merchant... has suggested realistic looking stuff for the server, and I think this would fall well under that

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
+ Snipers having more a chance at defending themselves
+ More comms
+ Easier to spot them without getting killed/shot

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Snipers may become more OP
- May not work the best on some places?
- Light might affect it a bit

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Currently the Red Ping is really annoying for snipers, giving them a chance to kill once, and depending how alert others are, they tend die quick, also requires changing of positions everytime, which is not really accurate to real snipers, since they don't really move every kill, as that would be too much time waste (having pick up the sniper, remove bipod if they have it, find a new location and etc), and also the chance of getting killed during the move, in real life they only do it if they need get a better position, if they been spotted
Also I think DMRs should have this glint, seeing how they a lot of time use same scope as Snipers, and also can be a lot more annoying, cause while not 1 shot, they are direct hit too, and 2 shoots is all u need a lot of time

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Meti

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 9, 2022
Iran
-Support
people can easily use suit zoom for spotting others.that sniper glint won't work tbh

MLGMagicHoodini

Aug 23, 2023
Portugal
www.youtube.com
+Support

When MRP first started there were unlimited sniper slots and no red mark. People would work as a team to kill snipers and would actively avoid known sniper spots. SAS/AG would purposefully go secure said spots as the war started. The balance was (mostly) fine and wars still fun.

The issue with sniper balance is people have complained to no end and it's ended as a fix upon fix, basically a tower of duct tape. Best balance would be rmeove the ping (or like introduce it after a certain amount of kills within the same quadrant or something) and keep the sniper numbers limited.

It's meant to be milsim, people face a challenge and immediately cry 'too OP' until it is nerfed to the ground. Countering snipers really is not that difficult if you do what you are meant to do which is communicate and use squad tactics.
True, some combat changes are annoying, I agreed with hip fire, cause having no recoil at all with hip fire is unrealistic asf

Some guns seem way better than others, that's a fact, not a skill issue

Also if it's a Military "RolePlay", make it realistic, having snipers pinged by a magic god that sees all, is not realistic, make people use brain, eyes and ears to spot them, finding them is easy a lot of times, without the ping even, sadly some guns aren't the best at long range

MLGMagicHoodini

Aug 23, 2023
Portugal
www.youtube.com
bro, the sniper pings aint that big of a deal. A sniper one shots anywhere u shoot them. Keep moving around, ez counter for snipers AND DMRs, because u can see where they shoot yo ahh from
"Keep moving around", that breaks the whole point of snipers? They not suppose be running around like headless chickens, they suppose hold a place, and kill as many enemies as they can without being spotted.

"someone who shoots at people from a place where they cannot be seen:"

MLGMagicHoodini

Aug 23, 2023
Portugal
www.youtube.com
-support
snipers are fine at the moment
and in all honestly almost anything with combat that people complain about is a skill issue
I don't understand MRP Community, I hear people complain about guns, complain about snipers being useless or too OP, and this and that, but when someone suggests something to change it "it's balanced" "it's a skill issue", make up your mind MRP Community

Also not really, automatic shotguns are 10x more op than normal ones, a SPAS doing 30 damage at close range is bs
Higher Fire Rate doesn't mean better skill, just easier to kill,
Hit Reg working like it should is important
The "Shake" from guns happening every single time u behind enemies
Plenty of stuff outside the "skill" tree from players

MLGMagicHoodini

Aug 23, 2023
Portugal
www.youtube.com
huge -support

I Have played MRP For quite a while and here are my thoughts about your opinion

1. Snipers should not stay in the same spot after firing more than 2 shots at best cause thats how you get found, pinged and killed.

2. The best ways to counter a sniper is to Find them which is via Ping which makes a spotter's life alot more easier and then lay down overwhelming fire onto them
1 - For that to happen, people need be aware, if they get a red ping, even a cat can find a sniper, is like pointing a red laser at a enemy, they go for it, requires 0 awareness, if the sniper notices he got spotted and is getting shot at, that's when he's suppose change places

2 - That breaks the realism, and makes it seem like people are mouth feeding someone the steps to win, requires no skill, no awareness no nothing, just looking around and seeing a red mark and shooting

MLGMagicHoodini

Aug 23, 2023
Portugal
www.youtube.com
- Support

You may only be able to maintain a 1.0 KD on sniper, but there are currently plenty of better players, especially in SAS and STS who are able to lock down entire points and get 5.0 KD's consistently. Maybe try contacting them and asking for advice.

I like Hoxtons idea of at the very least lowering the combat score cost as I feel it's a little ridiculous to have to pay to use your regiments weapon. Also nerfing DMR's like other people have said would be a benefit too. Just move a bit.
I won't even bother much, I've spoken to people already, nobody knows who you are other than a troll, so Forum Staff, please deal with him for once, thank you and have a good day

Skittles

Donator
Oct 20, 2022
-support

shoot once, move before you get spotted, survive

fighting invisible snipers is so fun!

ZLT49A

Civil Gamers Expert
Sep 26, 2021
I won't even bother much, I've spoken to people already, nobody knows who you are other than a troll, so Forum Staff, please deal with him for once, thank you and have a good day
It was a completely valid - support, I don't know why your getting so worked up over feedback on a public forum. I don't think it's a coincidence that the last 13 of your suggestions have all been denied, and I am allowed to +/- support suggestions on MRP regardless if some newgen knows who I am or not. I have +supported many suggestions and - supported many too, and will continue doing so.

Please stop throwing a fit because you don't like criticism, relax lol.

Skittles

Donator
Oct 20, 2022
That's why this suggestion is to add a glint to the sniper when aiming?
To make it so they are not invisible until it's too late?
Also that like I said breaks the whole "sniper" purpose...
add the glint, keep the red markers

my genius is unstoppable

Reactions: Archangel

Renolk

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Aug 20, 2021
"Keep moving around", that breaks the whole point of snipers? They not suppose be running around like headless chickens, they suppose hold a place, and kill as many enemies as they can without being spotted.

"someone who shoots at people from a place where they cannot be seen:"
taking real life as an example wont help much in a Garrys Mod server imo. We can take real life into account on the strafing as well, as u shoot do you go 1,5 steps left and right until the guy is dead?.

MLGMagicHoodini

Aug 23, 2023
Portugal
www.youtube.com
taking real life as an example wont help much in a Garrys Mod server imo. We can take real life into account on the strafing as well, as u shoot do you go 1,5 steps left and right until the guy is dead?.
That point is valid, taking real life into account is not the best since it's a game, but it's roleplay, so some stuff needs be accountable, and one that is missing is the purpose of snipers, and how to deal with them.
Infantry dealing with snipers at long range? Bad
Tanks dealing with them? Neutral
Helicopters dealing with them? Good
Snipers dealing with snipers? Better
Pushing the sniper from behind? Excelent

That's how it should be, not a infantry, with a automatic rifle, shooting at 100m trying kill a sniper, it does work sadly, cause laser guns are a thing, but not the best

Renolk

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Aug 20, 2021
That point is valid, taking real life into account is not the best since it's a game, but it's roleplay, so some stuff needs be accountable, and one that is missing is the purpose of snipers, and how to deal with them.
Infantry dealing with snipers at long range? Bad
Tanks dealing with them? Neutral
Helicopters dealing with them? Good
Snipers dealing with snipers? Better
Pushing the sniper from behind? Excelent

That's how it should be, not a infantry, with a automatic rifle, shooting at 100m trying kill a sniper, it does work sadly, cause laser guns are a thing, but not the best
didnt they make recoil a bit "harder" on guns :D I doubt that a sniper struggles go hit one shot while an AR would need to then single-fire 4-5 shots ?‍♂️

MLGMagicHoodini

Aug 23, 2023
Portugal
www.youtube.com
didnt they make recoil a bit "harder" on guns :D I doubt that a sniper struggles go hit one shot while an AR would need to then single-fire 4-5 shots ?‍♂️
No? Hipfire is not laser anymore, but some guns have no recoil basically, and can hit far asf easily with ease, also the fact the camera sometimes shakes when u get shot makes it harder for snipers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.