Accepted Officially place headglitching on the rules page

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oceanus

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 21, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion aims to have head-glitching, which already isn't allowed, on the rules page.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
With this officially being placed on the rules page, people would be more aware of this rule, improving the server as a whole with this small quality of life change.

Another positive of this, would be that it could be taken more seriously, and be cracked down upon more.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
People will cope over it? Jokes aside, I can't think of any actual negatives, as this is something that improves the server as a whole, like I said above.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
When looking at the positives vs the negatives, any possible actual coping is heavily outweighed by the positive impact it would have, as it's already something that you can be warned for, so adding it to the page officially only makes sense. Due to this, a crackdown on it would be the best thing, so I would also like to see it being taken seriously in the mod team, as mods have been witnessed in the past, to my knowledge.

If you have any reasonable views opposite to mine, please put them below, so we can discuss it(like civilized members of a single community, not enemies of one another), before you give it a +/- support.

Many thanks for reading,
-Oceanus

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

Dan Bambozzini

Jun 10, 2022
+Support

People headglitch so much that it's just piss annoying rather than a rule break at this point.

ZLT49A

Civil Gamers Expert
Sep 26, 2021
- Support.

There are too many rules being constantly added to the rule book and it seems that anything that slightly inconveniences people gets an entire suggestion about how rules need to be added, and how it has caused them to start cutting themselves. This is not needed and is just another pointless addition to something everyone already knows not to do. Even if a new player does accidentally or purposefully head glitch, they are always given multiple verbal warnings first. The community has gone soft.

Also people that headglitch are usually based.

Oceanus

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 21, 2021
- Support.

There are too many rules being constantly added to the rule book and it seems that anything that slightly inconveniences people gets an entire suggestion about how rules need to be added, and how it has caused them to start cutting themselves. This is not needed and is just another pointless addition to something everyone already knows not to do. Even if a new player does accidentally or purposefully head glitch, they are always given multiple verbal warnings first. The community has gone soft.

Also people that headglitch are usually based.
When someone headglitches for an entire war, and nothing's done, because everyone's become lackadaisical about it, you know that something has to be done about it. No need to be patronizing about it, however.

"Draco"

Jan 3, 2023
Headglitching falls under hitbox abuse, which I am pretty sure is in the rules.

Oceanus

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 21, 2021
Headglitching falls under hitbox abuse, which I am pretty sure is in the rules.
I mean, maybe it should be posted as an example, instead of being left out despite being the more commonly used tactic by people?

ZLT49A

Civil Gamers Expert
Sep 26, 2021
When someone headglitches for an entire war, and nothing's done, because everyone's become lackadaisical about it, you know that something has to be done about it. No need to be patronizing about it, however.
If no one on the entirety of your team can be bothered to call a sit for headglitching then that's on them. Sounds like you just enjoy having something to complain about at that point because it takes like 5 seconds to call a sit.

Oceanus

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 21, 2021
If no one on the entirety of your team can be bothered to call a sit for headglitching then that's on them. Sounds like you just enjoy having something to complain about at that point because it takes like 5 seconds to call a sit.
I did call a sit, thank you very much, hence my saying "and nothing's done". Mods didn't do shit, because everyone's become lazy regarding headglitching. So maybe you can just simply be quiet and ignore problems that don't concern you. This was meant to be a nice civilized conversation, and instead you just want to insult people. Typical.

ZLT49A

Civil Gamers Expert
Sep 26, 2021
I did call a sit, thank you very much, hence my saying "and nothing's done". Mods didn't do shit, because everyone's become lazy regarding headglitching. So maybe you can just simply be quiet and ignore problems that don't concern you. This was meant to be a nice civilized conversation, and instead you just want to insult people. Typical.
If multiple people have reported a single person for breaking a rule the entire war, and not a single member of staff has done anything about it, then make a complaint on the staff member, or ask for a second opinion. Saying "Mods didn't do shit" won't get you very far. (Also assuming the guns are still 0 recoil lasers then you can probably just outpeek them)

Going to leave it at that because you are getting way too worked up over 1 person head-glitching you. You should make a complaint right now if they destroyed you that hard.

sahns

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
Norway
Suggestion Accepted

Hi Oceanus, Your suggestion has been accepted.

I've had a chat with other SL, we have agreed this needs to be clarified, we will add this to staff rulings.

Regards​

Status
Not open for further replies.