Accepted Offshore battery

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Duckie

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Mar 9, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Add an offshore naval aspect that can launch missiles onto the map. The positions of the "ships" would be placed before war and can't be moved during war. They can only hit certain parts of the map depending on where they are placed, such as placing them more north could only hit parts of the map in the north and not reach the south. This could be used once or twice per war, it can't be destroyed or affected by the other team other than missile defences, but incorrect placement during pre war makes it ineffective due to range.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
It is a technical asset that has limited reach depending on tactics and placement. It would add another weapon to all HC and not negatively impact on the other. Would add more tactics to the wars and peacetime, Higher ranks would only be the ones with knowledge of the placements so it would encourage kidnappings and interrogations of ranks.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Possibly deemed as overpowered depending on HC activity and tactics.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I think this would add an aspect of war which would be common in the current era. It would also encourage more tactical discussions with in higher ranks. The benefits would all depend on their placements within the map making it extremely useful or completely pointless if used incorrectly. This could also be done possibly with already existing assets in the game such as drones or himars.

Cheers
Duckie

Reactions: Marko S
Upvote 5
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

Delta Molfar

May 23, 2022
+ Support
Amazing and big idea. But i worry about balancing such a thing. Also i think it should be destroyable, but for example 256 cas rockets, or 3 120-seconds C4s? Because making them indestructable making them a bit OP imo.

Mr Duckie

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Mar 9, 2021
Yeah i would leave the balancing down to the discussion between community and SL, I think this would help with it being implemented. I just had the idea but I am free to additions and ideas from all.

Brian Bell

MRP War Veteran
Donator
May 14, 2021
Suggestion Accepted

Hi Duckie, Your suggestion has been accepted. This suggestion was well accepted within the team and will be planned for implementation maybe under a different name to account for other maps which are unrealistically far form a shoreline​

Status
Not open for further replies.