Denied OOC Toggle/New Chatbox

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mishashi

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Donator
Jan 6, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Include an option in the chatbox to either;
Disable Out Of Character clientside
Add an option to have a seperate tab purely for OOC messages

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
When stuff happens, OOC chat is quickly flooded with messages, which makes it incredibly difficult to stay up-to-date with messages that might be more important. (i.e breach updates, open comms requests etc.)
Makes it easier to read through and focus on roleplay focused events without having to worry too much about OOC message. Some people just don't care too much about OOC chat.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Missing out on some information that might have been posted over OOC chat.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Simple as it is, OOC chat to some people, me included, just isn't as important as IC chat is. Sometimes I'd just love to outright disable it given the amount of OOC spam that happens whenever even the slightest of fuckups happens. All that is asked for is a simple toggle or a tab to disable OOC clientside.

Last edited:

Mishashi

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Donator
Jan 6, 2023
Like the idea but the hud would be even more cancer then it is.
i'm not talking about another box on your screen

more like a chrome/firefox tab in the current chatbox to switch in and out of if you know what i mean

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
i'm not talking about another box on your screen

more like a chrome/firefox tab in the current chatbox to switch in and out of if you know what i mean
Oh then +support maybe be apple to toggle this where u toggle third person.

But this will take a decent amount of coding time. Since it will have to see what is /c1234 and //

Ramuh

Feb 13, 2023
+Support
You could do it like MMOs, have the option for everything to be in one thing or to have multiple "channels" that you swap between

verybobby

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Oct 10, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Mishashi,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion. There currently isn't much need for this to happen, and would impede the ability for most of our staff members to make announcements when needed.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.