SCP-RP USA
Do you have a mic?:
  • yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
  • Overseer Assistant
  • Gensec Captain
  • MTF E-11 SPC
Have you received any kicks/bans/warnings? and why?:
  • 1 for minor glitching as a d class. This was a very long time ago, and something I am not very proud of
Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?
  • I believe that the research department is the most important department in the entire foundation. They are the center of the facility, where they have the most important job. They are the ones dealing with the SCP’s. The first role of the SCP Foundation is to protect the world from SCP’s. The second one is to study more about them. That is where researchers come in, and fill that role. I want to be a part of that. I want to research and discover new.
What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?:
  • Once people reach total level 5, most of them will go to gensec. That is the job with the guns and the fun. Instead, mine was Jr. Researcher. In the SCP lore, I wasn’t always a fan of the gun shooter type people. Instead I was more into the actual SCP’s. And the only way I knew that I was going to experience that was through the research faction. So why am I suitable for executive research? I have always had a passion for this type of stuff. This unknown that is to be discovered. It is a main human desire to explore, and I would be the leader. I have put in a lot of hours into this server, and feel as though I have traveled on the wrong path of whitelists. I am now backtracking and going with the research direction. I am not sure what made me sway to another path. But I am glad I am coming back to this one. I can’t wait to be an executive researcher, and I really can’t wait to be a part of the team.
How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent?
  • Around 5
What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?:
  • The responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP are to be the leader of your research division. To not tell, but show the newer players what to do, and how to do it. They are to be a guiding role model to others. In grading papers, they are supposed to not only grade them, but to follow up with the researcher as to why they got that grade and help improve them.
Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Setting the scene:
1990, Siberia Russia. A respected researcher code named ‘Peebus’. ‘Peebus’ studied anomaly type creatures under the KGB scientific team. Where he worked was a more unofficial SCP foundation. It was a cold, dark facility with monsters of unimaginable horror. People were stolen from local villages to be tested on. Ethical wasn’t a word there. Neither was paradise.

The following entries are what's been recovered at the KGB facility ‘Peebus’ worked at. These were his stories.

Entry 1:
11/14
Today was a difficult day for me. I have discovered something terrible, but I don’t have the headspace to tell anyone about it. Something is in the permafrost. I have to tell someone. It is eating me up from the inside. I have to tell someone. I have to tell someone.

‘Peebus’ has made an uncanny discovery right outside the facility he worked in. Some sort of anomalous virus. He wasn’t sure of its capabilities, but testing on it was out of the question. He knew it was something sinister, and to test on it was a certain fate of horror.

Entry 2:
11/17
I finally built up the courage to tell my colleagues about my discovery. They laughed at me. How could they laugh at me? I’ve worked here longer than all of them, and they laugh at me? They have no idea what this thing is capable of. I’m avoiding tests on it, but believe I may have to, or else my reputation, or even my life is on the line.

Random surface civilians weren’t the only people getting tested on, but facility members who were deemed “unfit” were cuffed and thrown into jail cells. These jail cells weren’t permanent however. Instead, they were simply a holding place before you met with your certain fate.

Entry 3:
11/18
“In The Name Of Science!” is what they all say. Fuck it. If they don’t believe me, then I’ll show them. If they deem me unfit, then I’ll show them. Tonight will be the night when I am praised. Whatever is in that permafrost will be uncovered. Tonight will be the night. In The Name Of Science!

Entry 4:
11/19
I messed up. I tried to warn them, but no one listened. The rumbling footsteps are getting closer, there is nothing I can do but pray. I can’t hear myself think over these sirens. I don’t believe in god, but I am going to pray. God help me. God help me.

‘Peebus’ prayed. He closed his eyes and prayed for however long. His body stayed, but his mind wondered. He woke up in a dream-like state. His mortal body continues to live, but in a vegative state. His soul now hopelessly wanders an eternal limbo in search of a freedom, an exit that he’ll never find. He broke the rules, and now he has to pay.

Entry 5:
12/16
God saved me. I have awoken, but I'm not sure when. I can’t remember much, other than last night. The sirens. The screaming. The zombies. I don’t hear much now, but all I know is that I need to get out of here. I think I feel a breeze

Entry 6:
12/17
I made it to the closest village according to the map. I know we stole people from here, but it is now abandoned. The houses all have their doors wide open. This house I’m in right now has food set on the table. It's slightly rotten, but I am starving. Weird, since last night I remember eating a lot before the test. Wait. I think I hear people outside. A lot of armored cars just pulled in

‘Peebus’ investigated the noise he heard outside. As he stepped out, a large group of people aimed guns at him. There were hammer symbols on their equipment. ‘Peebus’ was swiftly cuffed and gagged. He got kidnapped, the same way his facility kidnapped people in the same village. He was driven not too far from the village, but to a helicopter in what must have been a clearing in the forest. Although they never took the blindfold off of him, he was sure that he was going somewhere far, far away.

“Welcome to the SCP foundation my friend. I have heard from my friends here that you are some sort of researcher, correct?”
‘Peebus’, in a daze after being blindfolded for so long, responded after processing what the man had said.
“Yes, what is this place?” ‘Peebus’ questioned
“In this foundation, we work on monsters, just like you had.”

‘Peebus’ soon became a new member of the SCP Foundation, and a new researcher making his way up the ranks. His past experience as part of the KGB science team helped him. He grew fond of the comfort and ethics of the SCP foundation, and quickly became a Sr. Researcher. His tests were nothing like the foundation has seen, using his past experience in Russia.
One day, he was called to the office of the Director of Research.

“Peebus, you are getting a promotion. Your work here has been exemplary, and I want you to be an executive researcher.”
‘Peebus’ was flabbergasted, as he never thought this day would come. He believed on that day in his Russian facility was for him. He never thought he would do better, become better and even become a clearance 4 personnel.

CatWithAGunXIV

Sep 8, 2022
1668997295811.png

Application Declined.

Through carful decisions, along with speaking with multiple other member of the Research Department, we have decided that you are not suitable, while you may have a great amount of research documents, you never explain what makes them excellent. As everything else seems rather limited except for your lore, along with multiple of us not really seeing you much on research. I suggest that you attempt to gain more time and look further into the executive role.

You may reapply in 2 Weeks and may contact me for further info.

Discord: CatWithAGunXIV#4938

Contact me for any questions that you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.