Polaris Staff Appeal (Inactivity Demotion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostByte

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2021
Name:
Polaris
Steam ID:
STEAM_0:0:156598349
Previous Rank (convert if required):
Trial Moderator
Who demoted you?:
Cloak
Date of demotion?:
1/23/2022
What is the case against you?:
I was inactive for a week.
Is this true?:
Yes
Prior to this demotion, have you ever been demoted?:
No
Have you ever been kicked/warned/banned?:
I was warned for RDM for killing a d class who I believed to have thrown a grenade while in the airlock.
What is your side of the story?:
To the warn? The D-Class was in the airlock and I thought they threw a grenade. To the demotion, my mentor was completely inactive for a week, and went silent. I constantly tried contacting my mentor and server leadership, and got no answers from them. My dog was also sick for the week so I didn't play the game as much normally and focused on watching my dog. Then, the day that I finally got a mentor after so long of complete silence and the day I'm scheduled to start being mentored again, I got demoted for inactivity.
Why should you return / what will you change?:
I should return because, frankly, the reasoning behind my demotion wasn't a great one. My mentor went inactive, no one was answering me on when I will get mentored again, and my dog was ill. I didn't put an LOA, which is a fault on my part, but I don't think it justified removal as a Trial Moderator. For one, I couldn't do anything as staff anyway even if I could get on since I had no mentor. So me being inactive changed nothing. For two, I had valid reasons to be inactive and the lack of communication from the other side contributed pretty heavily toward that inactivity while I waited for a response. And for three, the day I was demoted was the day I got online and was about to be finally mentored. So demoting me without prior warning was just pointless because I was being active again regardless. If this demotion is appealed, I'm able to be more active now and I have been for the past month.

Pan Police

Oct 5, 2021
-Support
Never seen you in game a part from when you just get a role, once you get a role you play it for about 2 days then just go inactive again, when you were in mentoring and I was still a mod me and your mentor (umbra) spoke a lot and he even talked about how he couldn't do mentoring because you were never on when he tried to do it..

Monarch

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Jan 8, 2022

- SUPPORT

Positives

• N/A

Neutral

• Honestly no clue you were staff.
  • Unsure on rule knowledge.
  • Only seen a few times in game unfortunately.

Negatives

• Pan's verdict seems to sum things up.
  • Got demoted a day from when you were about to get mentored.
Good Luck.

Last edited:

Donn Wilson

CC VIP++
Donator
Feb 13, 2022
- Support

Pans seems to have summed it up. I’ve never seen or heard of you threw other staff.

Coolfrae

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 27, 2020
-Support
You play very rarely and I don't see you in TS3 often
Unsure of Rule Knowledge
Seems to be decently unreliable since as pan stated you get a job, play it for 2 days then stop playing entirely

FrostByte

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2021
-Support
Never seen you in game a part from when you just get a role, once you get a role you play it for about 2 days then just go inactive again, when you were in mentoring and I was still a mod me and your mentor (umbra) spoke a lot and he even talked about how he couldn't do mentoring because you were never on when he tried to do it..
This isn't true at all. Umbra ignored me every time I contacted him to mentor me, and I attended every time we were scheduled. Eventually he started to ignore me, and no one in leadership would tell me what was going on so I didn't get mentored.

- SUPPORT

Positives

• N/A

Neutral

• Honestly no clue you were staff.
  • Unsure on rule knowledge.
  • Only seen a few times in game unfortunately.

Negatives

• Pan's verdict seems to sum things up.
  • Got demoted a day from when you were about to get mentored.
Good Luck.
I don't understand how being demoted the day I was about to get mentored is a bad thing, or my fault at all. I never had a mentor before that day so I didn't get on, because I was waiting to get one. Then when I do get one, I'm demoted. That's not something I could've possibly controlled.

Ferrit

Feb 10, 2022
-Support

- No Attempts to resolve the inactivity with a "loa, Roa"
-
Very Little RP Interactions
- Seems To Be Unreliable Due To The Inactivity Show
+ Attempted To Contact Server leadership

Conclusion: It is truly no excuse to be inactive during mentoring, I understand your mentor when AWOL.. However, that does not justify not even attempting to take things into your own hands. Most staff members are very eager to teach the new moderators the "ropes" and some will even "adopt" new trial mods whose mentor is not honoring their duties. While under mentoring most are told to take the "stuck" sits unless they are more confident to then venture onto the more complicated actions required of a moderator, allowing you to learn and ask questions improving your skills in preparation for your next session or mentor. As well as, during the past week your inactivity in rp is quite questionable. I have rarely seen you on or active. If you were to change that around and show you can be active and reliable.. I will change my verdict. However, i shall stick with a -Support for now.

~As John Quincy Adams Once Said "Try and fail, but don't fail to try" Good Luck

Jason Taylor (Cirenmatt)

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 12, 2022
-Support
I have barely had interactions with you and I have never seen you on this week or last week or had any RP interactions with you, so my verdict will be negative, I agree with Ferrit it's commemorable to try and get your rank back but you show lack of communication and activity to go through with this appeal.

'Kyzent

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
Appeal Denied

Hi @Polaris,

Thanks for taking the time to make a moderator application.

Unfortunately, your reputation and activity in-game are not of a standard we expect from a staff member, please involve yourself with the community more and prove that you're an asset to the staff team before re-appealing.

If you have any questions you may contact me in discord

You may re-appeal in 2 weeks.​

Status
Not open for further replies.