Rule Suggestion Prevent camping of 914 outside of Code 1/Code 2

Rule suggestions will be reviewed by Superadmins, this may take longer than standard content suggestions.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wojtekpolska

Sep 20, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
I think a rule should be added to prevent people from camping 914 for no valid reason, only because they know that this is where dclass go.
i encountered an E11 who just put down a shield and sat by 914 afking there for literally 3 hours and detaining any dclass that came.
He was there even when there was no code called. i called a sit but admin told me there are no rules against that.

I believe its quite unrealistic for someone to camp 914 specifically, they only do so because they know of the disguise mechanic that dclass can use.
914 is a big gameplay part for D-Class. Its positioned in a location thats not too hard for them to reach, behind a CL2 door, and (as Ventz said before) they can go to 914 and use it to get a disguise, even if they dont really have a RP reason to know what 914 is and how to use it.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
No i dont believe so

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Removes the unfairness to dclass of 914 being camped
Improves gameplay balance
prevents unrealistic camping of the room

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Will need to be a rule to be added and enforced.

note: this will NOT cause significantly more dclass escapes. gladly not many people are big enough tryhards to camp 914 all the time, and when it isnt camped i believe that dclass escaping is quite balanced. however when someone camps this gives dclass literally NO means of getting a disguise. zero.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I believe that the ability for E11 (or GSD) to camp 914 is completely unbalanced and even not very rp-realistic.
it ruins gameplay for dclass and adds NOTHING in return.

PS: this issue in general seems to be a recent issue, i only encountered it a couple times recently, but even like a month ago and earlier i basically never seen that happen. it seems to be some new tryhard behaviour that they started doing and i believe its not healthy for the game.

PPS: once again, im only arguing for no camping *outside* emergencies. during c1/c2 its completely justified for someone to sit by 914 if they want to. also i have nothing against patrols, as they seem balanced.
With camping just one spot for 3 hours you might aswel just put an AI turret in that place and it wouldn't change anything in practice.

Last edited:

Michael Dzhetnikov

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 22, 2022
Think of it this way: we have units stationed at both entrances to HCZ performing ID and hume checks. There's no other way to get in and therefore all SCPs in HCZ are guarded. The only time someone slips past is when we're understaffed or people have left their posts for trainings. 914 is the single most important SCP in LCZ and isn't protected by a checkpoint, so it's natural that we'd station someone near it.
Would make more sense to station GSD there though.

Reactions: Ace 63

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
-support.

So u what? Want CI/D class to get free weapons and disguises with no effort?

It's a POI. And a highly valuable SCP to any person. Why wouldn't it be Guarded

Reactions: Niox

"Ghost"

Nov 20, 2023
-Support
SCP-914 is one of if not the most useful SCP to enemies we face in Site-65, with the amount on non-testing use it gets it's almost required to keep a guard there at all times. Admittedly yes it most likely shouldn't be E-11 and instead be GENSEC, but from my experience GENSEC for most is just a gateway to higher positions and as such most GENSEC are at DBlock to either farm XP from Tests or from Terminating D-Class that look at them funny.
The fact E-11 are stationed there often (I do this a fair bit) is more due to a lack of structure from GENSEC then E-11 just "Camping" one of our most valuable assets.

Jonas Enry

SCP-RP Staff
Donator
Mar 4, 2023
Ireland
okay but this takes away from D-Class gameplay

Surely there can be other ways to give E11 more gameplay in other areas though, maybe write your own suggestion to give E11 something more to do?
E-11 entire thing is SCPs they protect the site in that sense. 914 is both the most frequented and abused SCP not just by D-class but also other members of F using it to make items ect. On UK we don’t have checkpoints but we don’t stop e-11 from setting them up so if they want to sit in 914 no one is stopping them.

if this were a real site all the SCPs would have guards at the doors ect. As for gameplay loop for d-class they don’t need a disguise for everything and by having people there it means they need to plan escapes more carefully wait for a TB or a breach so people are distracted then sneak in.

-support

Reactions: Zen

Langstädtler

Sep 19, 2023
I mean , on UK we just patrol there , it is still a very tight patrol for D-Class or anyone else to get inside and even tighter to get out unnoticed.

I understand that problem, but I think it should be up for E-11 Command if they want to make IT a Poi or a Patrol point.

wojtekpolska

Sep 20, 2023
if this were a real site all the SCPs would have guards at the doors ect. As for gameplay loop for d-class they don’t need a disguise for everything and by having people there it means they need to plan escapes more carefully wait for a TB or a breach so people are distracted then sneak in.
if this were a real site you wouldnt have autobreach, you wouldnt have vents open for CI to get in, you wouldn't have keycard scanners that can be hacked with a simple device in a few seconds.

but we have those things for gameplay reasons.
what is realistic here is totally irrelevant.

Jonas Enry

SCP-RP Staff
Donator
Mar 4, 2023
Ireland
if this were a real site you wouldnt have autobreach, you wouldnt have vents open for CI to get in, you wouldn't have keycard scanners that can be hacked with a simple device in a few seconds.

but we have those things for gameplay reasons.
what is realistic here is totally irrelevant.
But regardless those things are in place to stop the most abused SCP on site

wojtekpolska

Sep 20, 2023
But regardless those things are in place to stop the most abused SCP on site
patrols in lcz are enough. this was only what was done untill recently, only like in the last month y'all got the idea to start camping 914

if it was not meant to be abused, it would be moved to HCZ
(such thing was done before, for example with the quartz crystal which now is in HCZ, while it used to be where the locket is now. this was done since the crystal was abused, so the devs moved it to HCZ to prevent that.)

Stealth

Blacklisted Player
Dec 4, 2022
- Support

Adding more staff rulings to an RP server can have many negative impacts. Here are some reasons why adding this staff rulings might be considered bad or undesirable:

1. Restriction of Creativity: Too many staff rulings can stifle the creativity of players. When there are too many rules governing every aspect of gameplay, it leaves little room for players to explore and create their own unique storylines and characters within the RP environment.
  2. Confusion and Complexity: Introducing numerous staff rulings can lead to confusion among players, especially if the rules are complex or contradict each other. This can result in frustration and disengagement from the RP and our community as players struggle to understand and comply with the multitude of regulations.
  3. Increased Barrier to Entry: A proliferation of staff rulings can create a high barrier to entry for new players. It may overwhelm them with information overload, making it difficult for them to understand the rules and integrate into the RP community smoothly.
  4. Inflexibility and Rigidity: Excessive staff rulings can make the RP environment feel rigid and inflexible. Players may feel constrained by the rules and unable to adapt or improvise within the game world, diminishing the immersive and dynamic nature of role-playing.
  5. Bureaucratic Overhead: Managing and enforcing numerous staff rulings requires significant and more extensive work for staff . This can strain the resources and time of the staff team, detracting from their ability to focus on other important aspects of community management and fostering a positive RP environment.

This suggestions seems to have originated from a specific scenario in which you or someone else encountered, in which after not receiving either a staff verdict of your choice or your favour have made suggestion. I've highlighted clearly the impacts of adding additional ruling or editing them. At this moment in time NL and SSL are actively looking to reduce ruling and overall OOC rules that inhibit the community to RP effectively.

• Angry
Reactions: wojtekpolska

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
Restriction of Creativity: Too many staff rulings can stifle the creativity of players. When there are too many rules governing every aspect of gameplay, it leaves little room for players to explore and create their own unique storylines and characters within the RP environment.
i can't camp 914 anymore, oh no, my... checks cards creativity. i get that this generally applies to most restrictions to what people can and can't do, but this this is not a particularly strong or relevant point in this circumstance
Confusion and Complexity: Introducing numerous staff rulings can lead to confusion among players, especially if the rules are complex or contradict each other. This can result in frustration and disengagement from the RP and our community as players struggle to understand and comply with the multitude of regulations.
Increased Barrier to Entry: A proliferation of staff rulings can create a high barrier to entry for new players. It may overwhelm them with information overload, making it difficult for them to understand the rules and integrate into the RP community smoothly.
Inflexibility and Rigidity: Excessive staff rulings can make the RP environment feel rigid and inflexible. Players may feel constrained by the rules and unable to adapt or improvise within the game world, diminishing the immersive and dynamic nature of role-playing.
Bureaucratic Overhead: Managing and enforcing numerous staff rulings requires significant and more extensive work for staff . This can strain the resources and time of the staff team, detracting from their ability to focus on other important aspects of community management and fostering a positive RP environment.
these four i feel are the same point, just expressed differently - or otherwise at the very least intersect enough that they seem like the same point... honestly there are times and places a given rule is necessary to prevent an undesired behaviour that may be potentially harmful to server health or operation in general and i would consider this particular circumstance to reasonably warrant that - presence at 914 intersects with the d-class and GOI loops.

we have restrictions on stuff like 'when can GOIs raid' and such, for the express purpose of balancing gameplay; i would imagine this being pretty similar to that. might even be someone's entry to learning and understanding such rules. but in any case, i will reiterate that what people are choosing to join and participating in is a roleplay server, not a stand-in-one-place-and-shoot-people simulator.

...i do agree that there shouldn't be any excessive and/or unnecessary server rules that don't particularly make sense to have, though.

Jonas Enry

SCP-RP Staff
Donator
Mar 4, 2023
Ireland
patrols in lcz are enough. this was only what was done untill recently, only like in the last month y'all got the idea to start camping 914

if it was not meant to be abused, it would be moved to HCZ
(such thing was done before, for example with the quartz crystal which now is in HCZ, while it used to be where the locket is now. this was done since the crystal was abused, so the devs moved it to HCZ to prevent that.)
With 409 it wasn’t it was being abused it was being constantly fail breached. We have identified 914 as a very high priority target for both d-class and Ci aswell as people looking to make weapons on F. As such we take precautions to mitigate that fact. The entire system is changing constantly and thus you must adapt and change how you go about doing things not banning solutions created by players

emilsnat

Developer
Developer
Programming Team
Feb 9, 2023
-Support
They're guards its kinda their job to guard stuff

wojtekpolska

Sep 20, 2023
-Support
They're guards its kinda their job to guard stuff
and CI are CI yet they have rules preventing them from constantly raiding and using tactics that they would totally use in real life, but can't for gameplay reason.

did you even read the suggestion?...

Darbo

Mar 7, 2023
-support
914 hasnt just recently been camped, it always gets guarded when its high pop. ISD, gsd, e11, etc have done this for the longest. cope suggestion just get a gun and win

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
thats bullshit.
in not-too-long-ago past almost nobody camped 914. the server was perfectly healthy. camping 914 is a new invention that only ruins gameplay.
your statement is factually incorrect.
ok i support your suggestion but 914 has been camped for years, it started once people realised d-class could disguise in it (source, i was a d-class main like 2 years ago)

Status
Not open for further replies.