Denied Prevent grapple hooks being used on UAN Base

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doofy

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Nov 10, 2021
Scotland
Prevent STS from grappling onto the outskirts of the UAN base (Grappling in general)
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
The purpose of this suggestion is to bring it in line with the NWO base regarding grapples

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
It will make it impossible for grappling hooks to be used on the UAN base (base walls) for the purpose of gaining easy entry into the base. While the NWO base walls do not allow this and require UAN to hack their way into the NWO base.
Provides balance to the server

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
I see no reason why this suggestion will appear to negatively impact gameplay

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
This should be accepted to improve QOL!

Upvote 4
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Valkon

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
I think the better idea would be to allow for SOTF to be able to grapple into NWO base. UAN have the benefit of being able to jump from their base walls whereas NWO can't, so removing that invisible wall would make the bases pretty equal.

I don't think restricting another teams gameplay is a sensible idea, it just promotes further division and allows for the blame game, in a community where we've weaponised staff sits it's not a good idea to add fuel to the fire

Connor | FUDGESICLE

FUDGESICLE
Oct 8, 2021
London
-support

Grapples are very loud and to be honest the last few hacking missions STS has ran through the middle of the base past multiple people, the issue is not the grapples is UAN listening and guarding their servers.

• Haha
Reactions: harvey and Doofy

Hoxton

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 2, 2022
- Support

If this was to be added, STS could only go in through the tunnel entrance because UAN gates cannot be opened from the outside (there are no outside keypads), this is not the case for NWO, UAN can currently go into NWO base through tunnel, south gate , south gate personnel elevator, east gate vehicle lift, east gate personnel elevator , some of these entrances are very easy hacks (others dont need to be hacked at all) and are very be hard to heard as they're happening outside the base in the compound) (and hacks being hard to hear isn't the case for UAN base like it is for NWO since NWO base is elevated and the hacks to enter it happen outside of it)

Also, our tunnel leads to a dead area and hacking it cannot be heard from the base, meanwhile in UAN you can hear the hacking from inside the base and it literally leads to bunks which is defo not a dead area and hacking from there gets heard all the time

I feel like this is gonna be accepted anyway due to the fact that NWO currently has 50 mil and UAN has 8-9 which has nothing to do with imbalance but with the fact that:

-NWO has better hackers
-STS does base raids a lot more often than SOTF
-We use more resources in base raids
-The fact that is pretty much impossible to train hacking in UAN (check their announcements) in NWO you just say have to say /c hacking training <location>

I would also like to mention that our base is very exploitable when it comes to SOTF raiding NWO base, but I will of course not give out any ideas how would I raid the NWO base if I was in SOTF, There are also suggestions being made about removing grappling the SC room instead of SOTF using this to their advantage, so I would suggest you to order SOTF to do base raids more frequently, make a decent strategy and also let them practice on doors without having to bother waiting for permission from an AFK AC

Last edited:

harvey

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 3, 2021
-Support

This suggestion is good but honestly just make it so SOTF can grapple in. Simple solution instead of trying to nerf STS.

Jacub

Developer
Developer
Programming Team
Jan 21, 2022
+Support

Before release of the NWO campaign, and when HC & GMs were testing it etc. I asked regarding if you would be able to grapple in to the UAN base. It was stated that this would not be possible.

Astolfo

MRP War Veteran
Jun 12, 2021
+/- support

i want both sides to be equal but i dont think removing the ability to grapple is the way to go, adding the option for sotf to grapple into nwo base would be better

Dr Drew

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 29, 2022
+/- support

Right now the main problem is STS can hook onto the outer UAN catwalk and hack a one level 7 door to enter UAN base.

Ways of breaking in.

Level 11 secret tunnel (Both sides can do this and its fair)
HALO (Both sides can do this but they must have overwhelming numbers as their is no stealth but its fair)

UAN
Hook to catwalk and 1 level 7 door x3
NWO
Level 6 elevator x2

At first you might think hell UAN have it easer with a level 6 hack but the NWO need to do a level 7 and you would be right he the base layout was the same the main problem is the location of each the elevator they are located in the in the middle of the base right next to 90% of the foot travel you need to run the whole base to get to the hacking room. But for the UAN base you can just hook onto the catwalk and get access to the RC room. Note that I am only talking about the amount of doors needed to get into the base no the CC or RC for any side.

Videos of the break ins.
UAN RC easier hack to get too less bunks/base
As you can see from the video you don't run past any high trafficked areas bar the roof that someone might see you.

NWO CC easier hack to get too less bunks/base
As you can see SOTF are still force to run base 1 whole bunk and there is no cover for the elevator.

I hope this helps NWO see where SOTF are coming from the ability to break in thought a area most ppl will never be at bar the odd MPK patrol unlike SOTF which have to run base 1 bunk at least really is a advantage.

Any questions let me know

Zokof

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 10, 2021
+/- support

Right now the main problem is STS can hook onto the outer UAN catwalk and hack a one level 7 door to enter UAN base.

Ways of breaking in.

Level 11 secret tunnel (Both sides can do this and its fair)
HALO (Both sides can do this but they must have overwhelming numbers as their is no stealth but its fair)

UAN
Hook to catwalk and 1 level 7 door x3
NWO
Level 6 elevator x2

At first you might think hell UAN have it easer with a level 6 hack but the NWO need to do a level 7 and you would be right he the base layout was the same the main problem is the location of each the elevator they are located in the in the middle of the base right next to 90% of the foot travel you need to run the whole base to get to the hacking room. But for the UAN base you can just hook onto the catwalk and get access to the RC room. Note that I am only talking about the amount of doors needed to get into the base no the CC or RC for any side.

Videos of the break ins.
UAN RC easier hack to get too less bunks/base
As you can see from the video you don't run past any high trafficked areas bar the roof that someone might see you.

NWO CC easier hack to get too less bunks/base
As you can see SOTF are still force to run base 1 whole bunk and there is no cover for the elevator.

I hope this helps NWO see where SOTF are coming from the ability to break in thought a area most ppl will never be at bar the odd MPK patrol unlike SOTF which have to run base 1 bunk at least really is a advantage.

Any questions let me know
There is also a tunnel entrance which soft use which leads them straight to the SC rooms and hack from there, you showed the longest and hardest route

Reactions: Hoxton

Dr Drew

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 29, 2022
There is also a tunnel entrance which soft use which leads them straight to the SC rooms and hack from there, you showed the longest and hardest route
"Level 11 secret tunnel (Both sides can do this and its fair)" third sentence in my message.

Zokof

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 10, 2021
"Level 11 secret tunnel (Both sides can do this and its fair)" third sentence in my message.
My point is, your tunnel puts us on the opposite side of the base where your servers are, yours leads straight to the server with a. Little bit of hacking you have to do

Dr Drew

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 29, 2022
My point is, your tunnel puts us on the opposite side of the base where your servers are, yours leads straight to the server with a. Little bit of hacking you have to do
Our tunnel leads to the CC server its faster to run from UAN tunnel to CC than it is to run NWO tunnel to SC up the stairs and the suggestion is about the hooks both the tunnel and halos are fair as we both have them I am just pointing out its easier for NWO to use the hook/catwalk than it is for UAN to use the elevator as you dont have as many high trafficked areas.

Hoxton

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 2, 2022
- Support

If this was to be added, STS could only go in through the tunnel entrance because UAN gates cannot be opened from the outside (there are no outside keypads), this is not the case for NWO, UAN can currently go into NWO base through tunnel, south gate , south gate personnel elevator, east gate vehicle lift, east gate personnel elevator , some of these entrances are very easy hacks (others dont need to be hacked at all) and are very be hard to heard as they're happening outside the base in the compound) (and hacks being hard to hear isn't the case for UAN base like it is for NWO since NWO base is elevated and the hacks to enter it happen outside of it)

Also, our tunnel leads to a dead area and hacking it cannot be heard from the base, meanwhile in UAN you can hear the hacking from inside the base and it literally leads to bunks which is defo not a dead area and hacking from there gets heard all the time

I feel like this is gonna be accepted anyway due to the fact that NWO currently has 50 mil and UAN has 8-9 which has nothing to do with imbalance but with the fact that:

-NWO has better hackers
-STS does base raids a lot more often than SOTF
-We use more resources in base raids
-The fact that is pretty much impossible to train hacking in UAN (check their announcements) in NWO you just say have to say /c hacking training <location>

I would also like to mention that our base is very exploitable when it comes to SOTF raiding NWO base, but I will of course not give out any ideas how would I raid the NWO base if I was in SOTF, There are also suggestions being made about removing grappling the SC room instead of SOTF using this to their advantage, so I would suggest you to order SOTF to do base raids more frequently, make a decent strategy and also let them practice on doors without having to bother waiting for permission from an AFK AC

Xavier Jakov

May 23, 2022
+Support

Being able to get in from most directions compared to very specific areas on the NWO base seems kind of unbalanced to me, keep it to the "secret" ways in and gates.

Redrrx

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 4, 2021
Algeria
like man nah they should have a long range instead to reach the bottom of the wall remember they are special forces

Chad Power

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 8, 2021
Suggestion Denied

Hi @doofy, Your suggestion has been denied.

There already exists a card on our backlog to allow grapple hooking into the NWO base. Stay tuned for changes!​

Status
Not open for further replies.