Accepted Prevent use of enemy emplacements outside of war

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin

Nov 16, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
In recent weeks a new meta/trend has developed where players try to sneak onto enemy FOBs during peacetime and waste all the ammo supplies by firing the emplacements repeatedly (as assaults on non-neutral FOBs are forbidden). This creates an endless cycle of having to catch people doing it and resupply that FOB, only for them to move to another. Needing to constantly guard and resupply FOBs during peacetime also prevents people from engaging in more interesting RP.

Not sure if this could be solved in the code by preventing players from interacting with enemy emplacements outside of war time, otherwise a simple rule declaring it as FailRP would suffice. It's completely unrealistic to have people shooting enemy big guns wildly into the air. Sure everyone can hear it, but getting to an FOB before they've had time to waste all the ammo again is not practical.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Less time spent resupplying FOBs provides more time for RP.
- Current system puts people off doing supply runs due to wasted effort.
- Trying to waste enemy munitions in this way is not realistic or RP-friendly.
- Cuts down on excessive noise from emplacements firing during peacetime.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- KwKs/Mortars are more of a threat during war.
- FOBs are better prepared.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I imagine the current situation as people trying to dodge the rules against attacking FOBs which are built on enemy territory. I'd like resupplying to feel less fruitless and to have more people free to engage in activities like trainings.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

Sandwalker

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Feb 18, 2021
UK
- support
People moan all the time about peace time events about there's nothing to do and you've just come up with the best addition ever FOB assaults where nothing can be destroyed but ammo and supplies can be robbed, no I'm sorry if this sounds toxic but stop being fucking lazy if someone is "wasting your ammo" I'm sorry that is an amazing tactic as it gives an advantage by logistics so instead of complaining why don't you do it your self and protect your FOBS if they are threatening you supplies its KOS because technically its a threat on your teams structures and personal

Back this up just make u have a supply drop that gives ammo just an FYI so no excuses

Merlin

Nov 16, 2022
- support
People moan all the time about peace time events about there's nothing to do and you've just come up with the best addition ever FOB assaults where nothing can be destroyed but ammo and supplies can be robbed, no I'm sorry if this sounds toxic but stop being fucking lazy if someone is "wasting your ammo" I'm sorry that is an amazing tactic as it gives an advantage by logistics so instead of complaining why don't you do it your self and protect your FOBS if they are threatening you supplies its KOS because technically its a threat on your teams structures and personal

Back this up just make u have a supply drop that gives ammo just an FYI so no excuses
Having been on both sides of this tactic, it just feels silly. FOB assaults on neutral territory are something we do regularly, and that's part of the risk of building in the neutral zone. However, needing to keep 4 people per FOB stationed during peacetime (to protect ammo and prevent kidnapping) is a waste of resources and sucks the fun out of their gameplay.

Sure, you might gain an advantage from it, particularly if you're in an air reg, but if this keeps up people won't bother resupplying FOBs at all. That'll only break game balance. You might dismiss that as laziness, but being realistic driving the supply trucks is already the least interesting peacetime activity on offer.

Nirvan

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 30, 2021
+Support
It takes a decent amount of time or war funds to get ammo and its a bit dumb that a single person can go on a fob and waste all of it.

Redrrx

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 4, 2021
Algeria
+Support
only some people can understand the pain when somebody uses tf out of all your FOB ammo on all FOBs
i know you're going to say "keep infantry in there" but supplying ammo is and protecting it and FOBs is not the only thing to do in peace time

Jack G

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Feb 19, 2021
Suggestion Accepted

Hi Merlin, Your suggestion has been accepted. There will be a rule added meaning Wasting FOB Supplies classes as an FOB Assult.

Thanks, Content Team​

Status
Not open for further replies.