Denied Proper RP & Realistic Changes

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MLGMagicHoodini

Aug 23, 2023
Portugal
www.youtube.com
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
- Better Weapon Mechanics
- Better Vehicle Mechanics
- Fair and More Fun Combat
- Better RP Situations

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Don't believe so, or if it was, I did suggest something close to this?

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
+ Better RP
+ Better Combat
+ Fair Battles

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- People Complaining
- OP Stuff
- Too Skilled Weapons

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

Point 1 - Weapon Mechanics​

Make it so weapons have a proper firing system, the recoil is fine, but seems weird to control still, even with attachments, same goes for sniper, there's no skill in using a sniper, u aim, shoot and dead, no bullet drop, no shaking due to breathing no nothing, CW offered Breath and Breath control, and a lot more, such as Bipods, also depending on the gun, switching to certain weapons should not be insta, such as Sniper to Uzi, since putting a .50 away is not easy the other way around should be quicker tho

Also another point, AT4s are not scary for Tank Regs, for a tank to die it needs a lot, and I mean a lot of AT4s, and it's in the name "Anti-Tank", how is this rocket launcher, unable solo a tank on it's own? You need a platoon to deal with a tank most of time? Making it so, if u hit the sides, or some place it should insta kill, I don't know if possible or not, or just increase damage done to armored vehicles such as Tanks, as it's really bad currently imo (1stAL/17thAR are gone disagree)

Stinger, has been mentioned a thousand times, it's shit, JAF/SWB can deny it, and say it's 1 shot, but it's not, and it's shit overhaul, I previously explained, and showed proof, how the 1 shot thing is a bug that happens due to WAC being old asf, and shit (Heli goes down, Stinger try follow ends up going past heli above, and when it comes down, explodes above the top rotor, stopping the motion), make the stinger faster, and quicker turn, or do more damage/bigger explosions

Miktor, has been shit still, ISAF has mentioned it in a old Regimental Review, but instead of fixing it, they tried changing the Grenadier job to make it alive, worked but didn't fix the miktor, since nobody uses it still, make it actually do damage, like a grenade, cause now, the explosions seem worse, out of every explosive weapon in the game, the grenade seems more op, to deal with vehicles, helis, players, structures everything

Point 2 - Vehicle Mechanics​

Tanks currently have the acceleration of a Tesla Model X, which is weird? Seeing how a tank IRL, wouldn't start moving quick after being stopped, it would go up in speed slowly, also turret rotation should be affected by the HP of tank, if it's low HP, it should turn slower, since it's damaged, another thing is, tanks that can angle themselves or the turret towards a heli should be allowed hit helis, due to it being realistic, it's not OP, you need position the tank in a way for it to shoot up, so requires skill

Helicopter Wise, certain helis have incredible broken guns, such as the KA-50 with the Auto Cannon, tho while realistic, it could be nerfed slightly, to shoot slower, or if possible add the overheat system from LVS, if they hold the fire too long it will overheat, and make its top, and cool down (it's slower than stopping mid fire, before it overheats)

Point 3 - Fair and Fun Combat​

Currently, the only way deal with snipers, is wait for them to shoot, and try find where they shot from, or wait for someone get sniped, and use the red ping to spot them, this is not fun, and really unrealistic, I mentioned before adding a glint to the snipers, to make them visible from far away, and it would help spot them earlier, if not that, then make it so the sniper can't just shoot and hit every target at once, make it so the sniper actually needs take proper aim, hold breath, and shoot, and longer reloads between bullets (unless the sniper allows for quick reload)

Knockback, I don't why I need suggest this, and nobody hasn't done anything, I thought it was GMOD MRP? But feels like Minecraft Skywars sometimes? Trying push someone and they shoot u sending u back to Vietnam, with the massive knockback some guns have, just remove that please?

Godmode defusing, the most annoying, and stupid thing, kill everyone in a FOB, place a C4, enemy spawns, goes for defuse while godmode, u can't defend it, and then they kill you, why?? Make it so they can't move or defuse while godmode, otherwise it ruins the fun on pushing FOBs, and the only way is to overrun a FOB, making it so people that can solo push a FOB and destroy, are useless

Shared Ammo, Stingers share ammo with AT4, but a Perma gun doesn't share ammo with a Reg gun? Why? If they are both ARs, and use same ammo type, they should have same ammo too? No? (Could be wrong and they do, but most of time feels like I always have plenty ammo left in both guns, and 0 rockets left on both)

Fix the Smoke Throw and Flashbang, like come on, u can throw a Grenade like Kobe, but throw smokes and flash like a bitch? Why is the throwing mechanic different?

Point 4 - Better RP Situations​

Currently, joining regiments is pretty easy, you do tryout, and done, even SAS/STS is easy, just requires a bit of knowledge, but personally, seeing how ISAF/IVG are main regiments, before going into SAS/STS they should join them, or other regiment, reach the rank of PFC, and then they can join SAS/STS, seeing how they are Elite regiments, and u wouldn't see a tottaly new private join the army, and becoming a SAS on same day. Reference "Outside of the SAS Reserves, the SAS doesn't recruit civilians. To be eligible to join the SAS, you must be an official member of one of the uniformed services of the British Armed Forces", a quick google search shows my point, it might make SAS more dead, but it might make them get better units, with more skill and knowledge of the server? (Returning players, that have been in SAS before, can still join without having go throught this process)

A lot of points made are gone upset massively the community, and I understand that, not everyone agrees with this, but the server as name states is "RP", not TDM, and RP stands for "Roleplay" if someone wants a TDM and just kill and not do RP, install Rainbow Six, or any other FPS game, the server is intended to be Roleplay, and it lacks that, and the guns make it stand further from the RP aspect too, making it seem more FPS orientated than RP, before saying -support and complaining, make sure read this, and look at server as RP server and not TDM, this goes for SAS/STS getting this new mechanic to recruit people, JAF/SWB with Stinger rework, 17th/1st with AT4 buff, SC with FOB Godmode, and more

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Otters

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
-Support

I've read through the entire suggestion, as someone who had mainly played in STS and 1stAL, I obviously have some preferences, however I kept an open mind reading this.

Tanks do move slower/turn slower when damaged, the engine puffs and if the engine is on fire, you move way slower, to the point where if the tank is 500 HP, it does not move at all.

AT4s are a problem for tanks. The rocket of an AT4 does roughly 1k damage. A tank has between 10-14k HP. At the moment there are an incredible ammount of jobs who have access to an AT4, alot of people do play on these jobs or swap to them if a tank gets called out, as there has not been a single time where I havent been AT4d whilst tanking.

The joining SAS/STS part I also fisagree with. In the end this is a GMod RP server, it doesnt have to be a 1:1 replica with IRL, as it wouldnt be possible or make it not fun. People inside SAS and STS can/already are being held to a higher standard then others, so if they are not a good fit, they get kicked out.

Last point I want to touch on is the angling of tanks. Afaik there is no rule stating you are not allowed to do this. I admit I have done this already a plentifull of times, it is fun and it is a challange to hit a heli with a tank, which is allowed.

MLGMagicHoodini

Aug 23, 2023
Portugal
www.youtube.com
-Support

I've read through the entire suggestion, as someone who had mainly played in STS and 1stAL, I obviously have some preferences, however I kept an open mind reading this.

Tanks do move slower/turn slower when damaged, the engine puffs and if the engine is on fire, you move way slower, to the point where if the tank is 500 HP, it does not move at all.

AT4s are a problem for tanks. The rocket of an AT4 does roughly 1k damage. A tank has between 10-14k HP. At the moment there are an incredible ammount of jobs who have access to an AT4, alot of people do play on these jobs or swap to them if a tank gets called out, as there has not been a single time where I havent been AT4d whilst tanking.

The joining SAS/STS part I also fisagree with. In the end this is a GMod RP server, it doesnt have to be a 1:1 replica with IRL, as it wouldnt be possible or make it not fun. People inside SAS and STS can/already are being held to a higher standard then others, so if they are not a good fit, they get kicked out.

Last point I want to touch on is the angling of tanks. Afaik there is no rule stating you are not allowed to do this. I admit I have done this already a plentifull of times, it is fun and it is a challange to hit a heli with a tank, which is allowed.
The moving slower I noticed in the Boxer, but the turret turn not sure? Also getting a tank to 500HP is hard, and even then, it can still go back to base most of the time with the remaining power

While that is true, keep in mind the map is big, and also, sometimes not everyone is at same place, sometimes only 1 regiment is assigned to a lane, in ISAF max we get is 3 AT4s, me being level 30 +/- I get around 6 Rockets, that's 6k Damage (7k with the pre-loaded one?), 2 ISAF can solo a tank, but then we haven o stingers left

It's not being a 1:1 Replica, but adds more RP, and requirements to join SAS/STS, since right now, there's no real requirements to join them, also it helps new players, seeing if they join straight away SAS/STS, without knowledge on anything on the server, it will take them time to learn and etc, if they join other regiments, and get to PFC, by then they will know the basics, and be more ready for SAS/STS

I think you are not allowed to, and staff will warn you for "FailRP", but I could be wrong? May some staff correct me

nathancheetah

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 12, 2021
-Support

As someone who plays 1stAl and SAS, I can see both sides of this. However, I have also experienced both sides, and I do think that tanks are already quite easy to kill.

I do think the stingers should be buffed though. Perhaps for helis if they added a rule that if there is no JAF/NHC on that can currently fly then they should just not be allowed to bring helicopters up at all, maybe the same for tanks, but they are so much easier to deal with.

Dr Drew

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 29, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @MLGMagicHoodini ,
Your suggestion has been denied.
Point 1
We dont have the resources to overhaul all of VGUNs and we are not swapping to CW its not as good for stat editing.

Point 2
We dont have the resources to make a whole new vehicle system and LVS don't work with MRP/

Point 3
Again don't have the resources to overhaul VGUNs
Godmode is to stop spawn camping
Ammo is shared.

Point 4
We are not making SF resticted to PFC only
Thank you for taking the time to make a suggestion​

Status
Not open for further replies.