Denied Proximity requirement to not get kicked out of dimension.

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noe

Jul 23, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Currently you can basically stay in the dimension indefinitely when one of the helpers periodically enter it and therefor run around the entire map.
I believe that you should be required to stay in the proximity of the helpers and if you go to far out of proximity you will have the 1 minute countdown start even though the helper is still in the dimension.

This would allow you to still get to places but with a time constraint, this would also require you if raiding to fight your way back out.
If using a portal (dimensional rift?) it might be good to have a higher timer as GOC and CI probably will have to cover a much longer longer distance depending on where they have set up the rift.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
no

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Balances the dimensions and makes raiding with it harder.
- Ads some control for the SCPs who can be in there dimension.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Makes it harder to raid with it.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Yes

Last edited:

Alpa

Jun 23, 2022
+Support
The helper dimension is being used way too much as just a second dimension for people to just run around in, it makes the normal dimension feel a lot more dead and empty, it makes DEA and IAs job so much harder. Having a 1 minute timer would solve nearly every problem I've had with it while also requiring CI to actually use the dimensional cartographer job and not just run from the rift at their base all they way into HCZ. It would move the current meta away from having to watch 2 dimensions at once, which is honestly awful and only serves to split up the player base on an already large map to just having to deal with one for the majority of the time. Not to mention how terrible infobreaches are going to be when you can stay in the helper dimension essentially indefinitely, you are going to have to sweep twice over the same places in two seperate dimensions. This would also prevent people from using the dimension to access areas like floor 3.

Using a portal should still have the same 1 minute timer, if you want a longer timer you should have to purchase the shadow dimension bridge from mc&d.

Last edited:

KaptianCore

Developer
Developer
Programming Team
Jul 1, 2022
Australia
+Support

This should be for the helper dimension as the staff dimension should be managed by staff as it's used for events and stuff

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Currently you can basically stay in the dimension indefinitely when one of the helpers periodically enter it and therefor run around the entire map.
I believe that you should be required to stay in the proximity of the helpers and if you go to far out of proximity you will have the 1 minute countdown start even though the helper is still in the dimension.
can i ask - how large would this proximity be? Will it be the size of IA offices, or Inner D Block, or F2, or what exactly?

Noe

Jul 23, 2022
can i ask - how large would this proximity be? Will it be the size of IA offices, or Inner D Block, or F2, or what exactly?
that is a balancing thing that would need to be tested out. I would think of something rather large, but you shouldn't be able to just chill in HCZ while the helpers hang around EZ. At least not for longer then a collapse timer.

Gizzmo

Oct 23, 2022
I imagine that sorta balancing will be done by content team but a good start would probably be the range reality anchors extend to, since helpers are essentially anchors to the new dimension.

Prplex

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Noe ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

We believe the computations required would tax the server even further and would add unnecessary lag.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

• Sad
Reactions: Gizzmo
Status
Not open for further replies.