Denied Proximity slam Placement rule

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MOIST_

Jun 24, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Due to the mass-radius and the danger posed by proximity slams, they cannot be utilized indoors in NWO/NATO bases for reasons of safety and structural stability.

Possible positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
  1. adds an Rule to indicate where slams cannot be set and where they can be placed.
  2. This prevents the NATO/NWO High Command from spamming proximity strikes in CC or important structures.
  3. People's safety and the structural integrity of structures are enhanced by RP as opposed to having dangerously explosive and power proximity slams lying around.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:[/B]
Almost nothing, except for the NATO or NWO High Command complaining about it.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted: Overall, I believe this suggestion should be added due to the fact that a certain individual likes to position proxy slams in NATO locations, which could endanger people and the building's stability if it ever explodes, as well as disrupt people's spying missions.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Kvalax

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Jan 13, 2022
O-Block
-Support

We don't even place prox mines in CC anymore?

Looks like u made this suggestion to hacking much easier for yourself

Dan Bambozzini

Jun 10, 2022
+support

Honestly, this +Support might seem like a skill issue but in RP situations, idk why there are 10 bombs behind base walls and inside high rank buildings. In RP, it seems like a major hazard for any high command getting killed. Apart from that, they're put in spots where they are literally unbaitable, making it literally impossible to pass them unless someone dies, and if you're solo, its even worse.

Last edited:

Merlin

Nov 16, 2022
-support

Right now Spy gameplay is in a bad place due to people being able to cheese base infiltration. Whether that's entering the base the very second war ends or exploiting bad terrain geometry to jump over the walls, the way people are playing the job involves no real RP. The end result is that, at least for NATO, there isn't a reasonable way to prevent hacking without spoiling gameplay for RMP. Mines are a symptom of this problem.

So far this week every post-war debrief I've been at has been interrupted by hacking in CC. It's at the point where it's very annoying and disruptive to RP.

If we can get the terrain exploits fixed and a better rule about entering base during debrief (e.g. wait for 10 minutes after war ends), I'd be fine with banning proxy mines in base.

Redrrx

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 4, 2021
Algeria
-Support
there is still time to remove it.
id say you're trying to do what kavalx just said.
i honestly would like this but its just so unfair.

Dukem

Nov 22, 2021
-Support
As metioned above, all you are trying to do is make spy jobs way easier than neccesary, as of the moment there is a lot of way to infil an enemy base, you just have to think about it and be smart, but instead you want it to be like a walk in the park, which in many aspects is not fun for anyone, nobody wants to sit at CC or any building like that to just wait for a potential spy that might get in.
So as stated just sounds like a skill issue

MOIST_

Jun 24, 2022
-Support
there is still time to remove it.
id say you're trying to do what kavalx just said.
i honestly would like this but its just so dont

May I repeat that NATO uses spots in walls that make it IMPOSSIBLE to get through as a spy in CC at times.
I have clips of them putting Proxy slams in walls or in the celling which make them un defusable.

MOIST_

Jun 24, 2022
-support

Right now Spy gameplay is in a bad place due to people being able to cheese base infiltration. Whether that's entering the base the very second war ends or exploiting bad terrain geometry to jump over the walls, the way people are playing the job involves no real RP. The end result is that, at least for NATO, there isn't a reasonable way to prevent hacking without spoiling gameplay for RMP. Mines are a symptom of this problem.

So far this week every post-war debrief I've been at has been interrupted by hacking in CC. It's at the point where it's very annoying and disruptive to RP.

If we can get the terrain exploits fixed and a better rule about entering base during debrief (e.g. wait for 10 minutes after war ends), I'd be fine with banning proxy mines in base.
I don't care if the proxy are outside the walls wherever I just don't like how NHC or whoever can place proxy slams just kills themselfs to get more aka breaking nlr and places them in a place where they are literally invisible and un defusable and they are even behind walls.

MOIST_

Jun 24, 2022
-Support
As metioned above, all you are trying to do is make spy jobs way easier than neccesary, as of the moment there is a lot of way to infil an enemy base, you just have to think about it and be smart, but instead you want it to be like a walk in the park, which in many aspects is not fun for anyone, nobody wants to sit at CC or any building like that to just wait for a potential spy that might get in.
So as stated just sounds like a skill issue
I don't care where you place your slams but you killing yourself sometimes to get more slams is legit should be against the rules of nlr and the thing is I have seen you put slams in places that make them legit invisible to spot like I have an clip if you would like to see even 2 probably of slams being somewhere where they are utterly undefusable.

Nirvan

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 30, 2021
I have clips of them putting Proxy slams in walls or in the celling which make them un defusable.
Throw a nade? Use a another spy as human shield ? Fear rp an nwo to go through the proxy ? Or just be good enough to bait it. There's a shit ton of ways to bypass proxy mines , if you struggle its clearly a skill issue.

Dukem

Nov 22, 2021
I don't care where you place your slams but you killing yourself sometimes to get more slams is legit should be against the rules of nlr and the thing is I have seen you put slams in places that make them legit invisible to spot like I have an clip if you would like to see even 2 probably of slams being somewhere where they are utterly undefusable.
Have never killed myself to get more proxies, there is other ways to get more than just killing yourself.
Ammo stashes ex.

MOIST_

Jun 24, 2022
Have never killed myself to get more proxies, there is other ways to get more than just killing yourself.
Ammo stashes ex.
Anyways fair point but they put an invisible wall where we can jump over so it got rid of your problems but placing proxies inside of CC i still no like

sahns

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
Norway
Suggestion Denied

Hi Moist, Your suggestion has been denied.

Due to the lack of support on your suggestion we have decided to deny this, proxy mines are the only defence each hackable server has and we don't see it being fit removing this.

Kind regards.​

Status
Not open for further replies.