Denied QoL Change for Keycard Scanners

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Archangel

Civil Gamers Expert
Sep 21, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion allows people to open Keycard scanners that require a specific clearance level and above without having to take out their keycard, They'd be able to open the doors as long as the required keycard is in their hotbar/inventory

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
No

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Faster to open up Doors
ISD/SC Can still maintain secrecy without flashing their cards

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
N/A

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Its a simple QoL For all people, i dont see any negatives

Prplex

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
+Support
Only negative I can see is it might be tricky to implement

Lucía "Skibble"

Donator
Oct 20, 2022
-Support

SC can take an ISD keycard to maintain secrecy and I like catching out fake personnel when they open doors

Stealth

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Dec 4, 2022
- Support

This is less of a QOL change and more of a convenience change

Reactions: Niox

Ace 63

Nov 21, 2023
+Support
Keeps me from getting knocked off my grind by dusty feds on d class

Second

- Support

This is less of a QOL change and more of a convenience change
QoL does tend to be for the sake of convenience :freeze:

+reputation maybe a way to balance it is require Biometric access (i.e a Bio CL4 can open CL4/Bio CL4/Coded CL4 without pulling out their card, but the random Tech Expert who RDMed 6 O-1 for their card needs to pull out the stolen CL4 since it isn't biometric) to allow for people to call out DCs/D-Class but make it easier for actual personnel to navigate the site while holding out weapons (like ISDs) or documents (like larp researchers)

XThomas

Aug 21, 2022
US
-Support
It would harm how things work by knowing if a person is even whom they are. its one way to see if oh this person doesn't have a ID card or if he has a card with a higher clearance and its not theirs to begin with.

Ace 63

Nov 21, 2023
-Support
It would harm how things work by knowing if a person is even whom they are. its one way to see if oh this person doesn't have a ID card or if he has a card with a higher clearance and its not theirs to begin with.
Seconds suggestion for balancing fixes this issue but that wasn’t the suggestion so ig I’m wafflin g

Mars

Oct 7, 2023
-support wouldve +supported if this only worked if the keycard was biometric

wiggy

Apr 16, 2023
-support

this turns into a nerf on every hostile faction, dclass, ci, goc. it will now almost be impossible to kidnap.
Its not that hard to hide the keycard (or insta swap to keys), seems like a pointless.

Archangel

Civil Gamers Expert
Sep 21, 2021
this change is intended for sake of easier movement and access inbetween areas, its supposed to be a QoL Change So it is indirectly aiding GOIs and D-Class, but i remind you all keycards arent the only way you can sus out someone.

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
A possibility to make it easier but still allow it to be seen by others - add an animation when using the keycard but not holding it that shows it, or switch to keycard when interacting with CL1+ keypad but not holding keycard.

Reactions: Emilia Foddg

Arron 'Spectre' Shepard

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
May 8, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Archangel ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

We believe that having to actually present your keycard to the keycard scanner leaves more avenues for roleplay scenarios to occur such as personnel having an innapropriate keycard for their rank/position. We do appreciate this would be a nice quality of life however our priority in this decision is to not eliminate potential roleplay.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.