Denied [QoL] Ingame Documents that links to a google doc

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

elad

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 27, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
  • An ingame document item, that when clicked opens a google doc in a pop-up table.
  • This will allow for a more incharacter way to distribute documentation and allow for more customisation of ic documents.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I do not believe so.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
  • No more fighting with the ing document system that is quite limiting in formatting and frankly a pain to deal with.
  • Allows for more creativity / flexibility in document creation

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
  • There is the argument that it would allow for people to attach mingey, infoleak or unauthorised documents.
  • Pain to implement

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
The negative could be combated through adapting an already existing system:
  • Recently, a whitelist system for approved / ventz owned google docs to ensure only approved google docs can be posted in the discord was implemented.
  • This could be adapted so that the same check is done against the existing database, and if it fails the check then the doc is not linked.

I believe this would be a great Quality of Life Change and allow people to be more creative with in character documents and reduce the amount of times people need to tab out.

Cheetah / RustyOsprey2

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Event Team
Nov 24, 2023
+Support, it is incredibly annoying to write ingame documents and try to format them well. Which is why everyone already do google documents for literally everything.

The unauthorized documents part is not that big of an issue seeing that people can post links in the ingame OOC chat without any limitation. And that so far has not been "that" big of an issue.

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
CI going to put a IP grabber on a document
new and intuitive tactics!
+Support

Witch

Sep 22, 2023
- Support

OK, HEAR ME OUT!

With the current way documents in the server work, I'd agree, this would be nice.

HOWEVER,

Currently, there's a weird schism with the server. NL wants Google docs to be fully controlled by them, to the extent that simply posting a link will get you smited by the bot, unless you wait an indeterminate amount of time for staff to look at your ticket to whitelist the link.

What I'd like to see is the document system reworked to such a point that the only Google docs the server has to use is for rosters.

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
What I'd like to see is the document system reworked to such a point that the only Google docs the server has to use is for rosters.
in the year 2038, people will actually put their dossier's onto the SCIPNET for people to discover

Douglas

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Aug 7, 2023
Canada, ey?
Suggestion Denied

Hi @elad,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

This can cause issues with people putting links into documents that aren't desired. There is an update to documents coming.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.