Accepted Radios in Dispensers

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles "Ze" Whittme

Apr 4, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion aims to add Radios to dispensers as a CL1 item.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not that I know of.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
  • Radios become more accessible, allowing jobs that don't spawn with a radio to be granted access to radio frequencies.
  • In regards to the D-class work program, allows radios to be given to D-class to liaison with GSD, e.g. Informants, rather then having to call a sit to be given a radio.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
A possible risk is allowing less professional players to acquire a radio and start spamming it, annoying all of those on it.
>However this can be handled IC as Misuse 2/Public Nuisance (For UK FLC), or OOC as Mic spam if it gets that bad.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I believe this suggestion should be accepted as it enables a utility tool to be given out and used more frequently, with the potential issues being handled as above.

James Overscott

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 10, 2021
+Support
There are also a lot of tests as well where having radios could be useful. I can take the main example I'm thinking of: SCP-087 explorations. It would be so much cooler if the D-Class could actually communicate with the researchers during the test itself instead of just being left on their own!

Derek White

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Oct 12, 2022
Suggestion Approved

Hi @Charles "Ze" Whittme ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as accepted.​

Status
Not open for further replies.