Denied Randomise and hide peacetime duration

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin

Nov 16, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Currently wars occur like clockwork after around 1h15 of Peacetime. As there is no direct means to contribute to campaign score during Peacetime, this incentivises players to either AFK or go offline immediately after a war. People see >1h on the clock and consider this as a prompt to come back later instead of engaging with the server.

I'd propose randomising the peacetime duration to between 25m and 1h 30m, but no longer displaying the countdown to players. Make pre-war more of a surprise and trigger something like the flash war alarm when it starts.

Towards being more RP-friendly, war shouldn't realistically be so predictable. Making it so that fighting could break out at any time should add a sense of urgency to Peacetime activities as well as discouraging AFKing.

It'd probably be worth randomising war duration a bit more too, while we're at it.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Less incentive to go AFK/skip peacetimes.
- Sense of urgency during peacetime as there is no guarantee of x amount of time before the next war.
- More RP-friendly outbreak of war. Pre-war should feel like more of a scramble.
- Randomised peacetime duration.
- Players no longer able to deliberately hold off on connecting until just before war starts.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Might be more difficult to complete long peacetime activities.
- Might be incompatible with the Flash War system, depending on how it's implemented in the code.
- People unhappy about no longer being able to easily AFK between wars.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I think this plays nicely into the renewed push for RP and shouldn't be difficult for the devs to add.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

drako dormus

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 1, 2021
Neutral
harder to actualy do RP (some rp actualy is pretty long)
+more wars
I would suggest to make some missions that actualy help at the campaing score

Redrrx

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 4, 2021
Algeria
-Support.
no def No.
This has many negativities its hard to mention all of them i hope yall are aware.

Beast

Feb 25, 2023
-/+ Neutral leaning to -support

I think that this could incentivize for more rp which is what you're highlighting, though with the new campaign system being on now, playing will feel like a shore rather than actual fun since they'll be trying to avoid losing wars. (would just recommend having more flash wars)

Merlin

Nov 16, 2022
The aim here isn't really to get more wars so much as making it less easy for players to skip peacetimes. More flash wars would help there, but right now they're a novelty rather than something reliable enough to keep people active.

Fully expect that making it difficult to only sign on for war won't be a popular idea, but if we're going to get peacetime activity up then something has to change.

Reactions: Beast

Bumble

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Jan 21, 2021
ur closet
thatsthefinger.com
- Support

The reasons are endless but I'll try to list some here:
- Trainings - nobody would do them as fear of it being interrupted
- Events
- Discourages RP entirely. People wouldn't rp as they would just be worried about war the whole time..
- It could possibly do the exact opposite of the purpose of this suggestion - people would not RP and go afk until there is a war.

Overall this would change/fix nothing. The solution to peacetime afks is just keep RPing, not removing RP.

Merlin

Nov 16, 2022
- Trainings - nobody would do them as fear of it being interrupted
I'm largely not seeing people run trainings at all right now, since everyone is AFK or minging between wars. Of those that do, I'm yet to see a training that couldn't be wrapped up during pre-war. Even then, you have a guaranteed 30 mins after the last war and an average of 60 mins between wars. That's not to mention that base infil missions are just as disruptive. I simply don't find this convincing.
Solution here is to let admins/event runners check the clock and adjust the timer as needed.
- Discourages RP entirely. People wouldn't rp as they would just be worried about war the whole time..
Fair, but I don't think anyone is that worried about war. If we want to argue about RP I'd say that knowing exactly when the enemy will attack is detrimental in the first place, I'd like to see the threat of war provide some sense of urgency instead of people jumping around in base or going AFK. The idea that people wouldn't RP just because they don't know exactly when the next war is scheduled seems like a bit of a reach to me.

sahns

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
Norway
Suggestion Denied

Hi Merlin, Your suggestion has been denied.

I put the suggestion to a changevote, due to the votes in favor of not adding this, I will have to deny it at this current time.​

Status
Not open for further replies.