Accepted Rank-Based Clipboard (Change)

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason M.

Civil Gamers Expert
Jul 10, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Changes the current system where after reaching the rank of Master Sergeant (I believe), you gain access to a clipboard on all jobs to a new system where after reaching the rank of Private First Class you gain access to a clipboard on all jobs.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I don't believe so.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- More IG Documents can actually be created
- Passive RP
- More use of in game addons (Filing cabinets, projectors)

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
I saw the current system as a strange one after playing on SCPRP for so long, I realised that here the standards for what is a document is very different, however I don't think this is a reason why all documents should be limited to MSGT+. I think it's time that we took into consideration the fact that players above MSGT are the Minority and so, keeping petty things likely a literal clipboard restricted is dumb to me.
A commonly made argument is that profanity can be posted on clipboards, but, restricting clipboards doesn't change this. If a player joins the server and is planning to share profanity, they have access to a chat that is literally connected to every player on the server. Restricting a very useful aspect that was in development for a long time and has plenty of RP ability for the server because of what people can do with it is, in my opinion, a large waste of potential.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I got this suggestion idea after I began to produce much more documentation within JAF and I realised that MRP is very heavy on logging aspects. War logs, war fund logs, try-out logs, etc.
Now, I'm not saying to vault the old logging systems, because there are many aspects with OOC logging that work substantially better than the documents in game, however it should also be seen that documents in game also have their advantages over OOC logs.
A key aspect of this is that players who like to play more passive RP aspects of the server (RMP,AOR,Civilian, etc) could heavily benefit from a change like this. It is lesser known that credits can be given to players who produce documentation that a CO deems approvable. Players who like to focus on things like documentation could definitely see a new way of gaining mastery XP during peacetimes with this!

If anyone has anything that I have overlooked, or any topics they'd like to discuss, I'm happy to discuss below this thread. Thanks

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

Lyra Zara

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 14, 2021
+support
I can see this benefiting RP a lot but I don't think the person should spawn with it but instead they have to get it form a NPC or something

MLGMagicHoodini

Aug 23, 2023
Portugal
www.youtube.com
-support
It's a good idea, only thing that is making me do -support is the fact that PFCs can be minge still, and abuse it, in ways to make NSFW stuff, and more, it could benefit RP, but at same time I think it would be abused by these, a better solution could be possibly making it CPL+? Since CPLs are the Recruiters for regiment, and it could be used to log recruits in-game and other stuff, at same time I don't feel like PFC/LCPL have much of a use for it

Jason M.

Civil Gamers Expert
Jul 10, 2021
I'd like to once more address the two -support concerns at the moment, both being the same reason.

While there is a margin for possible abuse by the low ranks that have the clipboards, this is already restricted enough by the fact that the player has to be in a regiment, two ranks above their base rank.
While yes, PFC is a low rank, realistically any player that is a PFC in a regiment that abuses a clipboard for incorrect purposes should just be demoted or removed.
Realistically, the fact that the clipboards can be abused doesn't mean they will be abused. Just the same how every player after the rank of private is given a gun and can abuse it, doesnt have to abuse it.

I believe the difference between what could happen in a bad way is severely outweighed by the positives of this suggestion, and I'd like you all to take more into account the balance between the good and bad of this suggestion when reviewing.
That being said, the current -supports are valid and I appreciate the responses.

MLGMagicHoodini

Aug 23, 2023
Portugal
www.youtube.com
I'd like to once more address the two -support concerns at the moment, both being the same reason.

While there is a margin for possible abuse by the low ranks that have the clipboards, this is already restricted enough by the fact that the player has to be in a regiment, two ranks above their base rank.
While yes, PFC is a low rank, realistically any player that is a PFC in a regiment that abuses a clipboard for incorrect purposes should just be demoted or removed.
Realistically, the fact that the clipboards can be abused doesn't mean they will be abused. Just the same how every player after the rank of private is given a gun and can abuse it, doesnt have to abuse it.

I believe the difference between what could happen in a bad way is severely outweighed by the positives of this suggestion, and I'd like you all to take more into account the balance between the good and bad of this suggestion when reviewing.
That being said, the current -supports are valid and I appreciate the responses.
I agree with you there, and I should've given it more a +support than -support, cause the only problem I found other than abuse, is being give to PFCs, I think instead should be given to NCOs, such as CPLs, they could make more use of that, and I don't think Enlisted people would have much use for it
So to correct my previous response I'm changing it to +support as long as it's done correctly

Karol 'Negotiator' W.

Blacklisted Player
Jan 29, 2023
Suggestion Accepted

Hi @Jason M. , Your suggestion has been accepted!

We all agreed that this will be changed but, you gonna able to access all of this stuff as a SGT and not PFC

Thank you for taking the time to make a suggestion​

• reaction_title.7
Reactions: McFlurry
Status
Not open for further replies.