Accepted Rank Information Board

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LuZ

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 29, 2020
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

Adds an information board to popular places like the trainee spawn and regimental bunks. The board would contain each rank for both factions (I know the ranks board already exists in TRN spawn), the promotion cooldown times for each rank and what requirements each rank must fill in order to get promoted. Also containing what each mastery level you need to combine with each rank to unlock certain jobs would be good too, rather than just being on the F4 Jobs menu.

The cooldown times and promotion requirements would need to be decided by both Regimental Command, NATO High Command & NWO High Command, as well as SL if needed.

I understand each regiment would want slightly different promotion requirements, such as for JAF/SWB it'll be focused more on attending wars & pilot training, whereas SAS/STS might be focused more on war attendance & operations carried out in peacetime. Either way, this would be decided by both sides HC.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:

I do not think so!

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

Can lead to retaining new players for longer, as well as increasing activity as they may be more motivated to play the server now they know what they need to do in order to get to a certain rank.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

None! I think.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

I think that for a lot of new players when they first start playing the server and for days after, they don't really know what to expect in terms of what they can gain from being promoted. Having a board showing them what they can unlock through the ranks (and mastery levels) would be really beneficial for this in order to get them excited about being promoted, which hopefully can lead to the server retaining more new players who continue to play.

I know a lot of the time new players ask for promotions without knowing they have requirements to complete, this should be communicated more to them but isn't, so I think an informational board would be helpful.

Thank you for reading! ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nathaniel Brown
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

LeviCN

Mar 15, 2023
Neutral
Will be helpful for players to understand the ranking system further in depth to see when they can be promoted
Some regiments don't use set requirements for promotions and depend on what the CO and RC think about the player

TailSkipper

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Content Team
Nov 12, 2021
+support
i agree the board we have now is super simple and doesnt say anything

Dr Drew

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff