Denied Reduce mastery requirement for infantry reg anti-armour jobs

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin

Nov 16, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Currently the Mastery requirement for the Anti-Armour job is 15. Very few of our enlisted are reaching Mastery 15, yet AA is perhaps the most important wartime job to fill. Particularly in the quieter hours there are often only a couple of people on with the job unlocked, yet these are the same people who as SL+ need to be on the leader/command jobs to replace lost FOBs. The result is 1 or 2 players constantly having to switch jobs during war, trying to balance losing spawn points vs infantry being helpless against vehicles.

There are only 2 AA slots available to us, so it'd be nice to have some wider access to the job. As it stands a single AA player remains practically useless due to the ineffectiveness of the stinger/AT4, so allowing more players to be able to fill those 2 important slots would help a lot. I'd suggest Mastery 10, perhaps shifting engineer to 8 to compensate.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Less job switching required during war.
- More engaging experience for lower level players.
- Better chance of having some form of counter when air/tank reg players aren't online.
- Improved game balance when player counts are low.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Inexperienced players clogging job slots.
- Enlisted infantry become less toothless against vehicle threats.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I'd say it's not a major change due to still having the slots limited to 2 players, what this does address is the frustrating need to have 1 or 2 CC players trying to effectively play every role for the team. Also gives lower level players a bit more utility.

Reactions: Bumble
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Dan Bambozzini

Jun 10, 2022
+support
Air Force regiment ground units would feel essentially useless to their purpose of “fighting in the air”. Having the mastery of stingers lowered gives them more purpose to help on ground with stingers whenever they’re to at an early level of mastery.

Latin

Feb 28, 2023
+support

My only opinion/suggestion for this is that if enlisted taking up the slots is an issue, the rank requirement could be increased to something like SPC or CPL (as currently almost every job is PFC anyways, kinda pointless with the high as hell mastery requirements)

Merlin

Nov 16, 2022
View attachment 5552
i mean already happened, lol
This is pretty much the opposite of what was asked for. Autorifleman is a far less important job to fill than Anti-Armour.

As for the reasoning, with the amount of AT4 rockets needed to destroy a tank it strikes me as a poor justification, particularly when the job slots are capped at 2 anyway. At busy times both slots are probably filled and thus no change, so the point was that at non-peak times we can still fill them without needing to split CC's duties.

Shepherd

MRP Patriot
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
+Support

I think your argument of going from one person to two people is a little comedic because it isn't that far apart (one tank shell will still kill you both) but it is fair to hope that the requirements are reduced. The primary issue with lowering the Mastery level means that people who intend to minge will do well with an AT4. It is a minor problem however that can be dealt with swiftly.

More players able to pick up the roles of Anti Armour would be beneficial for when we need to dent those pesky little tanks at a moment's notice. For that reason, this has my support.

Doofy

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Nov 10, 2021
Scotland
Suggestion Denied

Hi Merlin,

We recently reduced the levels of other jobs to make it easier for regiments to gain access to other jobs. We feel keeping this at level 15 is the sweet-spot. The whole point of the mastery system was for people to grind.

Thanks, Content Team.​

Status
Not open for further replies.