Rule Suggestion Refund addendum.

Rule suggestions will be reviewed by Superadmins, this may take longer than standard content suggestions.

Sayo

Oct 3, 2024
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion is to allow staff to refund SCPs or Type Blues due to client side crashes based off of their discretion. I would most like to see it refunded in terms of TBs or SCPs that were not hostile and participating in roleplay, not for ones that were actively hostile or being re-contained.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not that I'm aware of. I did a quick search through the forums but couldn't find anything similar to this suggestion.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Allows for continuation of roleplay
Fosters a stronger community.
Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Potential abuse

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
No one likes to lose out on a good Roleplay because of something outside their control. And with how LTARP is already against the rules I don't really see many people trying to abuse skipping the queue times, especially if the person requesting it would be able to have the people they were roleplaying with corroborate their request.

...staff don't already refund for this? weird. it's long been a staff position that because of the heavy skew towards combative behaviour on the server, that non-combative interactions would be better promoted over combative ones.

this feels a bit specific and more like an issue with something not being enforced properly than something to be changed.

regardless,
+Support

Sayo

Oct 3, 2024
...staff don't already refund for this? weird. it's long been a staff position that because of the heavy skew towards combative behaviour on the server, that non-combative interactions would be better promoted over combative ones.

this feels a bit specific and more like an issue with something not being enforced properly than something to be changed.

regardless,
+Support
I've crashed twice while roleplaying in a restricted role. (Once as 7722 and once as a Type Blue) and both times they told me they only refund if it was a problem on the server end. I understand this is a very niche scenario but I feel they should offer refunds in this case.

Sayo

Oct 3, 2024
The problem is, someone can just leave while breached and then blame it on a crash getting a free refund. This has the potential to easily abuse.
Yes I thought of that, that's why I bring it up in the niche scenario of crashing while in the middle of an RP. I don't think it should be refunded if you were just hostile.

Reactions: Emilia Foddg
Feb 22, 2024
+support for scps
-support for type blues

you can easily abuse this for type blues to get around the decay timer, but there isnt much to be abused on an scp as your health and stuff can just be set by staff