Content that has been partially accepted
Status
Not open for further replies.

MLGMagicHoodini

Aug 23, 2023
Portugal
www.youtube.com
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Possibility to allow regiments to display their "custom" medals, or ribbons in-game

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Don't think so?

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
+ More "Decorations"
+ More Incentive to grind some jobs / Perform certain tasks

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- More Content that won't be used a lot?
- Clutter?

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I think every regiment in the server features custom Medals and or Ribbons, I know SWB has them, ISAF has Ribbons, and other regiments might have them too, from what I seen, a lot of regiments also have custom "images" for them, and seeing how getting the "Regimental Medal" or any other medal can only be done once, and sometimes it's hard do, having some other medals, that are somewhat easier obtain, could be interesting, and incentive people to try, and do better in that regiment so they get more.

To prevent a lot of clutter if someone joins a lot of regiments, these ribbons/medals could only show if that person is in the regiment where they got it, so for example ISAF has the "Thundering Artillery Ribbon", if they get it and are in ISAF, it would display in the profile, if they leave for another regiment, it wouldn't appear on their profile, unless they came back

Upvote 0

Jason M.

Civil Gamers Expert
Jul 10, 2021
Neutral

I know for one that the current medal/ribbon system (atleast for NATO) is outdated as hell right now and I'm planning on doing a rework.
I'm not sure if this suggestion would be impacted at all by +supports or -supports since, on base, it has no downsides and the only thing it would take would be SL's decision on whether to allow new medals to be added through them.

I'll leave the decision to content.

Reactions: MLGMagicHoodini

LeviCN

Mar 15, 2023
+Support
Medals don't mean anything on the server at the moment with an old system. Maybe something new would show more people what they are and how they would be rewarded.

Alpha rest

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 24, 2021
+sugg change
I feel if you want custom medals you could pay with vpoints to get them added will bring more devs to work on the server

Dr Drew

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 29, 2022
Suggestion Partially Accepted

Hi @MLGMagicHoodini ,
Your suggestion has been partially accepted.
We will not be adding regimental medals but we will look into adding some medals that have server wide requirements.
Thank you for taking the time to make a suggestion​

Status
Not open for further replies.