Accepted Regulate use of weapon stripping binds

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin

Nov 16, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Lately I've seen strip binds (having a key bound to '/me strips weapons, comms, etc') cause numerous arguments. A key complaint is that removing weapons instantaneously feels cheap and prevents proper RP during a kidnap. A lot of players are also missing the chat line and getting into gunfights. Much of this stems from a current meta of running up to people while mashing the bind, before the other player is even aware of their presence, then trying to get staff involved if there's any dissent. There have also been many questionable uses, such as stripping people while they're still in vehicles or when fearRP is sketchy at best. The instantaneous nature is unrealistic to begin with and hinders the ability to create a standoff when other players intervene.

Imagine 3 NATO attempt to kidnap an NWO player. However a second NWO player is close by and able to help. The dedicated "strip weapons" tool takes enough time to work that this help can arrive, whereas with instantaneous binds NATO can arguably strip/kidnap both NWO players as they appear with minimal effort.

A part of FearRP is that the players need to keep close watch on a prisoner. The strip tool makes prisoners safer to handle, but needs to be used carefully to keep a prisoner under control while doing so. In reality you cannot remove a bunch of gear in an instant and without their knowledge, so the binds effectively cheese the RP element.

I'd suggest that the use of strip binds be regulated to be a bit more realistic. The current setup produces a lot of "kidnap by admin sit" where people lawyer over the rules instead of playing the game, which wastes a lot of everyone's time. I understand that the existing strip tool can be tricky to use, so a fair compromise might be to require a player to be making the 'surrender' gesture to use a strip bind on them.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Fewer admin sits called over people disputing rules.
- More realistic kidnapping RP.
- Disarming someone is no longer effortless.
- Fairer chance for nearby players to intervene.
- Less chance of people missing the line in chat and getting into trouble.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- More difficult to keep control of a FearRP'd prisoner.
- Potential for fewer successful kidnappings.
- Some players are likely to be upset that disarming is more difficult.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
The current system feels cheap and causes a lot of arguments. I get that people don't like the in-game tool, so I reckon it'd be fair to allow the binds but restrict their usage a little.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vampuffin
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

Vampuffin

Feb 20, 2022
+Support, the strip bind is so fast it should be considered powergaming, we should really use the SWEP for it.

Latin

Feb 28, 2023
+support

At least the swep takes a second (despite it should make noise, for how your removing weapons, grenades, ect from someone)

DoomGuy

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 4, 2021
while I think it’s a good idea, most of the sits that come from kidnappings are people stalling even though they’re under fearRP and this suggestion is just giving people a excuse to do that. Another thing for me is that the strip bind is supposed to stop people from using their “I’m getting kidnapped” bind which you can’t press when you have been striped via bind or swep, and stalling is a big part of when people do this.

No verdict, just my opinion

Doofy

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Nov 10, 2021
Scotland
This suggestion is something similar to one accepted before. Its currently in the works and on the dev tracker.

Merlin

Nov 16, 2022
Another thing for me is that the strip bind is supposed to stop people from using their “I’m getting kidnapped” bind which you can’t press when you have been striped via bind or swep, and stalling is a big part of when people do this.
You might argue that those binds are also inappropriate for when someone is actually under fearRP, I'd be fine with a ruling on that. I'd also say that some of the stalling is to be expected, given that the current experience is basically the captor trying to rush the situation as much as possible - most newer players have no idea what's going on. Tools like restraints exist and help with non-compliance.

This suggestion is something similar to one accepted before. Its currently in the works and on the dev tracker.
I've not seen this despite searching for similar threads. Nonetheless a simple rule change might serve as a stop-gap if a proper update is still a way off.

Doofy

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Nov 10, 2021
Scotland
I've not seen this despite searching for similar threads. Nonetheless a simple rule change might serve as a stop-gap if a proper update is still a way off.
It was accepted before this was a forums-only system. As for the rule change, I do not think this is appropriate.

Redrrx

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 4, 2021
Algeria
+Support.
i agree but in a different way...let me explain.
we need to reduce the time it takes for us to strip and remove the /me thing
also we could just point 2 guns at the one person and count 5sec then he cant use his weapons and also we could keep the /me thing but only after the 5sec guns pointed at the target

Doofy

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Nov 10, 2021
Scotland
Suggestion Accepted

Hi Merlin,

As stated earlier, something like this is already in the works and is easily found on our dev tracker.

Thanks, Content Team.​

Status
Not open for further replies.