Denied Removal of ability to use / drop contraband items as non-combatives.

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvester

Mar 20, 2024
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
[This suggestion would make it impossible for non-combative roles to use items that are already Fail-RP for them to have / utilize.]

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
[I made a previous post which was not well received, probably due to the lack of context and reasoning I provided.]

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
[Staff would be freed up to deal with more pressing issues. Role play could run a lot smoother without interference from rule breakers and bad actors.]

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
[Not much negatives to be had here. The only people who might not like it are the people who break the rules anyways.]

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
[It's no secret to any of us that SCP samples are not being utilized for actual RP, instead they are usually being sold off for profit or utilized to break the rules which the server already has in place. Cuffs, Guns, Knives are also being constantly utilized by non-combatives to disrupt role play already taking place. Ex's - A researcher getting 106 samples then proceeding to flag off and give it out to D-Class as Chef's and Tech Expert's (Sometimes Trainees or Cadets) | Multiple Sr's within Research and Medical using weapons which they are not authorized to anyhow. You could try and argue it should be dealt with in-character but with how often it's happening, and the fact people actively ignore fear-rp I would say this is not such a bad thing to implement.]

Prplex

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
-support
Half of what you describe needs ia the rest is a staff issue. I don't think restricting people further will do much but provoke further and make it less interesting overall

Reactions: Zen

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
-Support
Most items do have uses in RP for everyone. E.g. a techie may very well use elastic restraints to drag a dying person to a medic, I believe there has been at least one instance where non-combative roles have been allowed by staff to be combative (namely, CM Lead consultant on USA server). All chems are just conical flasks and the like when they are SWEPs, so it would require a decent amount of work to implement filtering for that, and it is entirely reasonable that someone on any role might either need to use a chem for good reason, or simply want to trade chems OOC.

This suggestion is extremely vague, and I feel like it's because you can't name a single actual item where it would ever be 100% guaranteed to be failRP to have/use it on any role. You can even try to name any and I can guarantee I can come up with a scenario where it isn't FailRP.

Reactions: Niox and Prplex

Kevin Ki

Dec 7, 2022
I think a better idea would be to make it easier to enforce the rules.

Have more advanced drop logs.

Example:
At 6:00 Tech Expert Doodle Bob dropped RPK-16
At 6:01 D-4629 Rick Star picked up Tech Expert Doodle Bob's RPK-16

This would better show a clear picture of what happened, and even be useful in stealing sits.

Reactions: Prplex and Zen

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
I think a better idea would be to make it easier to enforce the rules.

Have more advanced drop logs.

Example:
At 6:00 Tech Expert Doodle Bob dropped RPK-16
At 6:01 D-4629 Rick Star picked up Tech Expert Doodle Bob's RPK-16

This would better show a clear picture of what happened, and even be useful in stealing sits.
It also may be possible to add locations to logs, where staff can then just TP to the location of e.g. a weapon was logged as being dropped

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
why does everything have to be a OOC issue
Also Class F’ed non combative are just useless now, so well done
-Support

Reactions: Rushi

Dinklesprinkle

Civil Gamers Expert
May 11, 2022
why does everything have to be a OOC issue
Also Class F’ed non combative are just useless now, so well done
-Support
cause people cry to staff the second their inconvinianced or get absolutely shit on by a 12 year old chef with an uzi

• Haha
Reactions: Niox

Kevin Ki

Dec 7, 2022
It also may be possible to add locations to logs, where staff can then just TP to the location of e.g. a weapon was logged as being dropped
Yeah. Plus this wouldn't limit rp, wouldn't affect the class F'd people, and would only be used to stop rule breaks.

Reactions: Zen

Edwin

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Jul 10, 2023
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Harvester ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

Disallowing a group of jobs to not pick up weapons would 1. limit any RP that may come of that and 2. limit IAs RP

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Reactions: Emilia Foddg
Status
Not open for further replies.