Accepted Remove 22415-3 Containment Beam, or add rules regarding it.

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheetah / RustyOsprey2

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Event Team
Nov 24, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
My suggestion is simple, remove the Containment Beam from SCP-22415-3, or add some rules regarding its usage as currently it is in my opinion very powerful. I did some research regarding the matter, and a 100% Bodymass 682 when beamed gets their movement speed reduced by 40%. And that is at full Bodymass, and seeing that 22415-3 cannot die it can simply harass the breached SCP making them unable to anything.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not to specifically -3 i dont believe no.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Makes playing an SCP after the update more enjoyable.
- Makes the SCPs focus more on actually helping non-combatatives to safety instead of harassing SCPs.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Reduces the enjoyment of playing 22415-3.
- Gives more work for developers to do.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
As I mentioned above, I believe it is a very powerful SCP. Its basically like having a constant beam effect on you while trying to fight people. At 100% body mass, you are 40% slowed, and even if you are actively getting shot at, you will still constantly be getting beamed by 22415-3, making you even slower as your bodymass drops. For some SCPs it is fine like 173, 106, 096. But for others like 682 that is already very slow and has no other movement abilities, it is a bit unfair to the people playing against 22415-3.

(New ruling has come to my understanding that fixes most of these issues, its FailRP to chase and beam SCPs, and one should only do it to save a non-combatative in a scenario where its needed)

Last edited:
Reactions: Richard Patternson

Joe "Enoch"

Jul 25, 2022
+Support
If a breach is to be successful, you should not NEED a certain SCP to be breached. With SCP-22415-3 you need a 035 breach just to combat it, if you dont the breach is as good as dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.