Accepted Remove 22415-3 Containment Beam, or add rules regarding it.

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheetah / RustyOsprey2

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Event Team
Nov 24, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
My suggestion is simple, remove the Containment Beam from SCP-22415-3, or add some rules regarding its usage as currently it is in my opinion very powerful. I did some research regarding the matter, and a 100% Bodymass 682 when beamed gets their movement speed reduced by 40%. And that is at full Bodymass, and seeing that 22415-3 cannot die it can simply harass the breached SCP making them unable to anything.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not to specifically -3 i dont believe no.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Makes playing an SCP after the update more enjoyable.
- Makes the SCPs focus more on actually helping non-combatatives to safety instead of harassing SCPs.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Reduces the enjoyment of playing 22415-3.
- Gives more work for developers to do.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
As I mentioned above, I believe it is a very powerful SCP. Its basically like having a constant beam effect on you while trying to fight people. At 100% body mass, you are 40% slowed, and even if you are actively getting shot at, you will still constantly be getting beamed by 22415-3, making you even slower as your bodymass drops. For some SCPs it is fine like 173, 106, 096. But for others like 682 that is already very slow and has no other movement abilities, it is a bit unfair to the people playing against 22415-3.

(New ruling has come to my understanding that fixes most of these issues, its FailRP to chase and beam SCPs, and one should only do it to save a non-combatative in a scenario where its needed)

Last edited:
Reactions: Richard Patternson

Boris Johnson

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
May 24, 2023
+Support

They need to add some sort of counter to these SCPs Ricky needs a counter. He can just walk all over you, and you can't do anything about it.

Friendly Pebble

Nov 6, 2022
Big +Support.

All 3 of the helpers SCP's are broken in their own ways. In my experience from watching the players who play them, they constantly abuse their powers to send people to the dimension who don't want to be there, involve themselves in firefights with combatives where they do not belong, and do not send people back out of the dimension when requested.

Player issues asides, they cause a ton of server lag to the point it's basically unplayable at full pop and are intentionally blatantly overpowered for the sole purpose of trying to get people to spend money on the job. If it were up to me they would be removed entirely or at least neutered so they can't involve themselves in combat or breaches.

Rizzie

May 15, 2023
Massive +support , Ah yes this immortal being can just beam me however much it pleases while i cannot do anything against it

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
idk why they gave a indirect nerf to every SCP, but this is just a major annoyance
+Support

Langstädtler

Sep 19, 2023
-Support , the beams don’t do anything to SCPs above 20% BM. So adding it wouldn’t do anything as far as I am aware.

Carpy

Jan 7, 2024
+support

-3 Has no counter at the moment, making him insufferable to deal with when breached

fix!!!

Lightsoulist

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 23, 2022
Player issues asides, they cause a ton of server lag to the point it's basically unplayable at full pop and are intentionally blatantly overpowered for the sole purpose of trying to get people to spend money on the job. If it were up to me they would be removed entirely or at least neutered so they can't involve themselves in combat or breaches.
The cartographer jobs are paid
The SCPs are wled……
But yeah if you’re not an immortal scp like 106 it’s one of, if not the, most annoying and frustrating things in the game currently.

TrillzLit

Apr 11, 2024
+support

I wouldn't say remove it but I would most deff add rules to it like he can't beam SCPs when Site combative personnel is not nearby or attacking the SCP
or
Have it that he can get knocked out if he takes too much damage from SCPs so increase his health but have him be able to be knocked out but not dead so 22145-3 can play more carefully than Rambo style.

Prplex

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
+Support
zero counterplay since they can dimension hop as well. Makes fast scps normal speed and slow one's terrible with not much they can do against it

Kevin Ki

Dec 7, 2022
-Support

Overall I understand how it CAN be annoying, but that's the point. SCP breaches weren't supposed to be as common to lead to a surface breach/nuke. I think this SCP is a good stopgap to that. Because let's be honest, 8837 can just teleport and haul ass to surface, or have another SCP face tank/use TGs.

I think -3 just needs more rules, because right now
They can't assist MTF directly with the portal
They can't just run into HCZ and start beaming you (no non-combatives would be at risk)[not a direct rule but their job is to protect non-combatives not guard HCZ]
They can't damage the SCPs.

This is more a actual defense for LCZ that isn't just up to 6 (most of the time just 2) guys with beams or people with a 15 minute cooldown if spaceman decides you need to be a meatball.

But, I do agree it DOES need to be balanced. I think the best way to do that would be remove the speed debuff of the beam, or apply a rule that SCPs can only be harrassed by -3 if they're past rockhall because that's when they become a threat to passives, and they're not below 20% body mass.

Overall I don't support it because I believe removing the beam is unnecessary to just making some rules about it/balancing it, like this whole dimension update needs.

Prplex

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
-support
add counterplay for scps rather then removing it, I like this being added makes breaches not last as long as they usually do.
The counterplay to scps is e11, except 8837 cause reality benders op, scrantons bad. Wheres the counterplay against 22415?

Status
Not open for further replies.