Content Suggestion Remove A-1/O-1 from SOP

Content Suggestions will be reviewed by Content Team weekly, please allow time as not everything can be reviewed at once.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
>This suggestion removes both A-1 and O-1’s permissions for the SOP comms/channels, and overall classify them as separate from SOP. This would affect their access to view comms and channels in the discord, and in game.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
>nuh uh uh

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
>SOP don’t have their duties being taken by A1/O1, such as raids, interrogations on kidnapped individuals, negotiations, etc.
>SOP are more well defined with their duties, and have more opportunities to stand out and be unique.
>SOP comms are less cluttered, and are no longer MTF comms but E11 is swapped with DEA, but instead they’re more independent of each other.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
>A1/O1 are unable to monitor SOP comms, which can be done by either of their SC anyways.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
>I feel this should be accepted as DEA have had issues being respected, as negotiations is seemingly something that anyone can do, including A1/O1, which was displayed on the 06/09/24, where A1 attempted to take over DEA’s negotiations. This change would encourage less of that, and more independence from DEA overall, as it completely excludes A1/O1 from the equation, but still allowing DEA to fall back on Nu-7 if they needed help.
>Furthermore this would encourage A1/O1 to play DEA, rather than performing operations that DEA would normally perform themselves. This would draw people to the DPT, and would furthermore establish their place/dominion in the Foundation.

May 24, 2022
SOP interference from ISD mainly takes place when SOP cannot conduct their duties properly. Its an IC issue on the UK side due to multiple events currently taking place. ISD can also feel free to communicate on SOP comms because at the end of the day its an avenue of communication, if there's any O1 interference on SOP comms without justification then feel free to reach out.

But most importantly we try to not to infringe on duties unless we need to, I can say with relative confidence that our half of AO don't want to do SOP duties.

Reactions: Niox
Dec 30, 2022
In my experience with it ISD only ever step into SOP comms when their respective Site Command order them to. Having access to SOP Comms helps ISD learn of potential incoming raids that may not be called in comms just yet which lets them get their VIPS to safety and tbh nothing really private that ISD wouldn't know about is discussed in those comms .
I feel this should be accepted as DEA have had issues being respected
Maybe DEA would be respected if half the leadership done their job and actually took over negotiations but most of the time there's no one on to do so and half the agents can't be arsed to do anything about it, this is also an IC issue and can be dealt with without removing them from a whole comms channel.
A1/O1, such as raids, interrogations on kidnapped individuals, negotiations, etc.
I can't speak to the current state of affairs but I was in A1 for well over a year and didn't once see ISD plan a raid without including DEA however the interrogations I did see happen a good bit and I understand that point, but removing them from the comms wouldn't change the fact that they take the prisoners just report it to a CO and it will be dealt with.

Removing ISD from comms channels would not actually change their behavior but just make communication slightly more annoying and tedious

In my experience with it ISD only ever step into SOP comms when their respective Site Command order them to. Having access to SOP Comms helps ISD learn of potential incoming raids that may not be called in comms just yet which lets them get their VIPS to safety and tbh nothing really private that ISD wouldn't know about is discussed in those comms .

Maybe DEA would be respected if half the leadership done their job and actually took over negotiations but most of the time there's no one on to do so and half the agents can't be arsed to do anything about it, this is also an IC issue and can be dealt with without removing them from a whole comms channel.

I can't speak to the current state of affairs but I was in A1 for well over a year and didn't once see ISD plan a raid without including DEA however the interrogations I did see happen a good bit and I understand that point, but removing them from the comms wouldn't change the fact that they take the prisoners just report it to a CO and it will be dealt with.

Removing ISD from comms channels would not actually change their behavior but just make communication slightly more annoying and tedious
most your points are fair, again you can use just /c3 comms for learning about potential raids, but uh,

I can't speak to the current state of affairs but I was in A1 for well over a year and didn't once see ISD plan a raid without including DEA
1728663145231.png(this is just one screenshot, its calmed down a lot more now but still funny (and only 1 of these involved DEA i believe, that being the last one))

"Fang"

Apr 13, 2024
-Support
This is an issue only on UK. On US A-1/0-1 and SOP have no issues with this and SOP comms are very useful for communication between each other