Accepted Remove and replace /me strips weapons and comms

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ionboy64

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Group Moderator
Jun 3, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Make /me strips weapons and comms powergaming and replace it with the Strip W/C swep that MRP uses.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Removes unrealistic stripping of weapons and comms
- Allows for people to have a better chance to defend themselves in a situation they could be kidnapped instead of immediately having nothing on them
- Means people cannot miss the chat and will have no way to mistake if they are stripped or not

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- People have to wait an additional 10 seconds before they can stop worrying about a panic bind or someone defending themselves

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
MRP as recently removed the /me system which allows for anyone being kidnapped the ability to actually have a chance to call out their kidnapping or defend themselves. It adds more realism in the time it takes to actually have weapons and comms stripped instead of losing everything in a second while as well as removing any confusion or metagaming that comes with the /me system as the person loses their weapon.

(if you +support this suggestion make sure to press the arrow at the top right of the suggestion)

Reactions: MaliciousPacifism

Rushi

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Content Team
Group Moderator
May 23, 2022
In regards to this SWEP, are you suggesting for ALL jobs on the server should have this SWEP or only specific jobs (because giving this to all jobs would certaintly look weird, i.e: D-Class, Researchers, e.t.c.).

Claire!

Blacklisted Player
May 29, 2022
Los Angeles, California
In regards to this SWEP, are you suggesting for ALL jobs on the server should have this SWEP or only specific jobs (because giving this to all jobs would certaintly look weird, i.e: D-Class, Researchers, e.t.c.).
What you could do, is dont give the swep, but add the interact menu MRP has where you can also strip there

ionboy64

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Group Moderator
Jun 3, 2022

Give the SWEP to combative jobs and D-Class as they're the only people who SHOULD be taking hostages anyway, the SWEP doesn't have a visible indicator that it's being used.

Claire's alternative is also a viable option.

Evil

Jun 24, 2022
-Support for comms +/-support with weapons leaning to +support
- comms can easily be removed from its holster just as easily as it can be smash or by other means
- This isn't mil rp so hostages are extremely rare for d class and uncommon for foundation and CI
-This just feels like a nerf for CI as striping bind is needed to keep us from being called out immediately during raid if we capture someone, I am fine on banning /me strip weapons, but not comms.
Means people cannot miss the chat and will have no way to mistake if they are stripped or not
-They could always just scroll up and find it and I don't believe I have seen anyone believe that they were not stripe because most of the time other people will just re stripe them again to make sure they were stripe.
- Allows for people to have a better chance to defend themselves in a situation they could be kidnapped instead of immediately having nothing on them
-They don't need any more advantageous as they already have the ability to panic button and they have ts, if they get capture and stripe then that's entirely their fault.

Alpa

Jun 23, 2022
+support for comms
indirect CI nerf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.