Denied Remove bomb/gun drones

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirvan

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 30, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Removes gun and bomb drones or at the least add a 5 minute cooldown with a 5k price tag.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
No idea.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Makes combat more enjoyable
Less lag probably

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
isaf and ivg will lose something unique to themself
less money sinks

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
This is one of the biggest problems MRP has right now, due to the inflation it's not even fun playing when there's someone who has the bomb drone unlocked.
I've seen people get 100+ kills in a single one by just sitting in a safe place far from combat. Most players (at least 80%) complain about it, there's 0 reasons not to remove something that the big majority of the player base does not agree with and thinks is ruining the server. At the very least I think a community poll is needed to see if players enjoy this addition as due to the horrible hit reg and the 1x1 hitbox of the drones they are nearly indestructible. People are actively alt+f4ing mid-war due to the frustration of getting bombed 20+ times per war with no counter.

Upvote -4
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

shaun11103

MRP War Veteran
Mar 13, 2022
+support
I looooooove getting blown up by a drone that you cannot see and cannot hear until you are dead that has the same shitty hit reg that players get

Bobby1

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 8, 2021
-support
Drones are my sunshine
My only sunshine
Drones make me happy
When skies are grey
Drone’ll never know dear
How much I love drones
Please don’t take my
Drones away

IMG_4856.jpeg

King Jez

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 12, 2021
pub (ate wife)
drones are the dumbest money sink there is. ruining the whole experience.
i actually think drones add to the experience, as drones, especially bomb drones, have been used many a time during recent real world conflicts. this adds to the overall immersion which the server provides, in which case -support
1711388595508.png

Reactions: CORE.

Jamal Dingle

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Event Team
May 14, 2022
+ Support

- GMOD has horrific hit reg so alot of times it take 10+ shots to a drone to actually kill it even tho it should only take 3
- Literally no way of countering them
- Ruins the experience for alot of players
- "But they're expensive" people from both NWO and NATO fund the respective ISAF/IVG for bomb drones that can last multiple wars. Also the economy in mrp is crazy shit and money is so easy to get so spending 2.5k a drone is literally nothing
- Simply broken and overpowered

- "Just know to handle/counter it/skill issue" there is no counter ☠️

I want whatever drew was smoking when he thought it was a good idea to add these things
Notice how only IVG/ISAF are -supporting?

Nirvan

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 30, 2021
i actually think drones add to the experience, as drones, especially bomb drones, have been used many a time during recent real world conflicts. this adds to the overall immersion which the server provides, in which case -support
View attachment 14393
If you're going to bring up the immersion issue , Both NATO and Russia have signal jammers that can easily block drone control for kilometers :D
especially if it's a shitty drone only costing 1.75k.

drako dormus

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 1, 2021
-support

aight how can i start with this i do find it fair if bomb drone will be nerfed to the same range as the gundrone (from ourside of cap room bunker to almost end of op side hallway of bunker). which is half off the now range. and half the damadge or make it not insta explode.

Using drone is a high risk high reward becaus you are standing still while droning so you easly could get shot or flanked. drones actualy can get shot in less then a mag.

Hving drones actualy add to the experience i do get that swb/jaf and 17th/1stal complain because they do not have any type of combat drones which you guys got tanks and heli's be happy...

Reactions: CORE.

I luv kebabs

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 18, 2022
+support
even though i play drones myself, that shit is unfair.
You can get a good hiding spot during a war and just constantly bomb people near their fob or on a point and losing 1.7k cash. It takes no skill whatsoever to use a drone and shooting it down comes down to luck because the hitbox is messed up.

Jamal Dingle

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Event Team
May 14, 2022
-support

aight how can i start with this i do find it fair if bomb drone will be nerfed to the same range as the gundrone (from ourside of cap room bunker to almost end of op side hallway of bunker). which is half off the now range. and half the damadge or make it not insta explode.

Using drone is a high risk high reward becaus you are standing still while droning so you easly could get shot or flanked. drones actualy can get shot in less then a mag.

Hving drones actualy add to the experience i do get that swb/jaf and 17th/1stal complain because they do not have any type of combat drones which you guys got tanks and heli's be happy...
There is no counter to bomb or police/gun drones. It's spray and pray and hope for the best, assuming you even heard the drone before it's too late. Helis have stingers, flaks, crams. Tanks have AT4s, KWKs, C4

Status
Not open for further replies.