Denied Remove helicopter flares or increase turn rate of stinger

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby1

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 8, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Will either remove the flares from helicopters as when they didn't exist nobody was really pushing for them to be added, or make the turn rates of stingers higher as at the moment a one-degree turn will move all the stingers away from the heli and it will be safe.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Yes, a lot of suggestions have been made against how overpowered cas is on this server and how all the countermeasures except dog fighting are not effective.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Makes the server playable for all the other regiments as they now won't be getting killed by people they basically cannot fight back.
Balance

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Air regiments will complain that their overpowered weapons would not be as overpowered

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
CAS has always been a hot topic on this server ever since its launch, the introduction of flares made it even more overpowered that stingers who already do just like missing now have another reason to miss, CAS being so op is causing people to stop playing entirely as it just isn't fun to die from being bombed.

Save the server, nerf helis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(also as someone who has played in both air regiments as an SNCO and both tank regiments at CO+ helis are not that hard to fly it is extremely easy to be competent enough to not crash when avoiding stingers and be able to click L to deploy stingers, 3 missiles should also not be able to kill an IFV!!!)

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

shaun11103

MRP War Veteran
Mar 13, 2022
-support helis are very difficult to fly you just need more than 1 person shooting stingers and it dies I kill loads of helis with stingers

Toni

May 23, 2022
-Support
literal skill issue, just learn to use an arti noob

LeviCN

Mar 15, 2023
-Support
It takes skill to dodge stingers. They are extremely unpredictable and 60% of the time kill a heli upon hitting it with glitches such as no sound or particles with the stinger being very common aswell. Simply a cope suggestion.

• Angry
Reactions: Toni

Jason M.

Civil Gamers Expert
Jul 10, 2021
-Support

I hate playing against helis when I'm on ground as much as the next guy. But stingers work if you use them right.
Take it from a shit pilot, and a 99% on ground player who also gets a negative KD most the day through having to lead wars and micromanage voice amp, helis aren't as hard to fight as you'd realise.
I'd suggest an alternative would be to increase the cooldown on flares, but outright removal or a buff to stingers in unnecessary.

Alpha rest

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 24, 2021
-support due helis get shot down quick enough helis just need to be less effective against tanks

Jamal Dingle

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Event Team
May 14, 2022
- Support

Stingers as of now are very powerful against helicopters. If a helicopter has a stinger on it, it must stop what its doing to dodge the stinger leaving it very vulnerable to enemy helicopters or AA. As well as alot of times, if a stinger hits a helicopter it 1 taps it.

MLGMagicHoodini

Aug 23, 2023
Portugal
www.youtube.com
+/- Neutral

I do believe, while everyone I see disagrees, that Stingers are not that good, yes they can 1 hit helis (even tho it's a glitch in WAC), and yes, if u got 10 People it's hard dodge, but it should be common sense that a stinger shouldn't be easy to dodge, nor require a platoon to deal with 1 single heli, and the "It requires a lot of Pilot Skill", is really killed when most pilots that come on and etc, are experienced already, and know how to dodge it easily, if it was a new pilot, who never flown or anything, he would struggle, but can pick it up quick

Stingers are mostly effective when in dogfights, and even then it's just a distraction, cause getting a hit is hard

And I believe most are gone complain about this, people forget to look from the other side, JAF/SWB may struggle with stinger if it gets changed, but Ground has been struggling for months now with CAS, and not being able do shit, since Stingers 75% of time are useless, and 25% the useless SAM does something

'Kaz'

Jul 30, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Bobby1 ,
Your suggestion has been denied. The majority of the community seems to be in agreement that removing flares would be a mistake as do content team.
Thank you for taking the time to make a suggestion​

Status
Not open for further replies.